PDA

View Full Version : Racing Sunday 28th March 2010

mikeyscott
24-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Racing this weekend and after a great weekend last Sunday. Weather was pretty good, track was grippy a bit wet, but all in all a great morning.

Sound and laptop issues are now resolved which means better racing!

Randall34
24-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Mike,
I'm in, I will be debuting in the 4WD with the XX4, If i can put it all back together again after i busted the front bulkhead. I think i will put the solid chassis on too if i have the time.
Failing all that i will be using the X6.
See you there.

mikeyscott
24-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Mike,
I'm in, I will be debuting in the 4WD with the XX4, If i can put it all back together again after i busted the front bulkhead. I think i will put the solid chassis on too if i have the time.
Failing all that i will be using the X6.
See you there.

Cool.

My only option is the Cat SX as I've sold the Tekin RS Pro in the B4 and have a Speed Passion LPF on it's way. It won't be fitted until the Cougar SV turns up...

Chaps, please keep an eye on the weather and fingers crossed.

mikeyscott
26-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Weather isn't looking good so I'll help run the meeting, but I'm afraid the Cat SX will stay tucked up in the dry and warm this weekend..

dibble34
26-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm in as long as it's not raining. B4 again if i can put it back together in time!

mikeyscott
27-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Stays dry the Cat may stretch it's legs. SteveB is going 2WD I think

dibble34
27-03-2010, 03:18 PM
The weather looks ok first thing, i am little worried it may rain just at the end. Tell Steve he can't, as i am racing 2wd :p

mikeyscott
27-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Losi XXCR I think...

Cat SX is too much work to clean compared to a 2WD. I'm not racing 2WD as I haven't got an ESC for it at the mo.

mikeyscott
27-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Weather is looking ok now until tomorrow lunch time. Fingers crossed and hope the track is good :)

mikeyscott
27-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't forget clocks go forward

jamiekerr14
27-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Right, Im hopefully making my 2nd appearance down there tomo!

Sold the *FFING Losi esc and got a speed passion GT 2.0
And it now works and no darm glitching! so hopefully this time should be more successful. Had to do some mods to some-Stupidly ordered some Scu Mini pins-Preglued. Forgetting the fact they come on schu rims.. lol be now modded and working! So hopefully see you guys tomorrow!:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
27-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Right, Im hopefully making my 2nd appearance down there tomo!

Sold the *FFING Losi esc and got a speed passion GT 2.0
And it now works and no darm glitching! so hopefully this time should be more successful. Had to do some mods to some-Stupidly ordered some Scu Mini pins-Preglued. Forgetting the fact they come on schu rims.. lol be now modded and working! So hopefully see you guys tomorrow!:thumbsup:

Cool. See you nice and early then! Tony racing?

Speed Passion kit is ace as is Tekin. I'm just changed from Tekin to Speed Passion due to more people using it. Software updates on SPs are sh1t though compared to Tekin.

I was highly impressed with my SP last week running a v3 7.5

Don't mod the wheels, change to a Cat SX ;)

Ballistic Pinks tomorrow I reckon or Schumacher mini spikes. But it all depends on your setup.

jamiekerr14
27-03-2010, 10:57 PM
haha yea still got the Losi motor.. but sold the losi esc.. for same price as good condition SP.. so was happy with that. yea- I did have some Yellow Ballistic Spikes.. But-had a front wheel nut come loose=Chewed Wheel hex.. so there shot.. until cba to remove them and put them onto some new rims.. so its Yellow Mini Pins.. or Holeshots :woot:

Yea Tony is coming down tomorrow!.. just hope it dosnt rain to much early morning before we start

mikeyscott
27-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I think it's forecast to remain dry over night. Fingers crossed..

So who's quicker you or Tony?

Steve B is def doing 2WD, so I expect it'll be Dan Brown on top of 4WD and the rest of us bringing up the rear.

Anyway see you in the morning, nice and early please.

Also for any novices and new chaps we'll be running a seperate novice race if numbers are good enough. Enables you to get round with less stress..

jamiekerr14
27-03-2010, 11:06 PM
haha um... good question.. Tony is probably slightly more consistent..but then again.. not used to this smooth leccy stuff :D
Think trying to get there for 8:30:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
27-03-2010, 11:09 PM
haha um... good question.. Tony is probably slightly more consistent..but then again.. not used to this smooth leccy stuff :D
Think trying to get there for 8:30:thumbsup:

08:30 would be a good time and help us.

Cool. I'll be racing the Cat SX now.

Randall34
27-03-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm in Mike, just come in from the shed, XX4 ready to roll. Using tomorrow as a shakedown. Either that or use the X6 still dirty from last week.
Either way see you there.

mikeyscott
28-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Great days racing and results are up on the TORCH website.

www.torchracing.org.uk/results

Round 4 Tony and I got the same average laps times!