PDA

View Full Version : Castle 2200 KV or 2650 1/8th motor wanted

lambchops
24-03-2010, 06:17 PM
As above my dam LRP motor has bust again for the 4th time!! had enough of it now so want a real motor!! Anyone got one they wish to sell??

Thanks

Rcrcrus
24-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi i'm about to put a 2650kv on ebay this week for £85 when i get a chance.

Beanie
24-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear that LC, what happened to it?
There is a few bits of Mamba Monster on fleabay right now?

lambchops
24-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi Beanie, had repeated trouble with the LRP vector its been back to LRP four times the rotor keeps coming off the shaft. Had the new V2 armiture fitted last time it was with them and its lasted 30 mins since having this done and now its gone again... Not impressed

So thought I better get a real motor this time... Plus I have the MMM speedo anyway so perfect match.

lambchops
24-03-2010, 09:56 PM

How much work has it done? very interested

Beanie
24-03-2010, 10:17 PM
No good LC, what are you using it in? If Truggy then might be worth looking at the slightly lower KV motors such as the new 1800KV Tekin or CastleNeu version?

lambchops
24-03-2010, 11:41 PM
No just a buggy Beanie so should be ok. Trouble with the LRP is its a uprated 1/10th motor and has allways run hot, comes with a huge fan and the instructions tell you never to run without it!! Got one when they first came out thinking it would be good... oh well live and learn.

No good LC, what are you using it in? If Truggy then might be worth looking at the slightly lower KV motors such as the new 1800KV Tekin or CastleNeu version?

Beanie
25-03-2010, 07:47 AM
No just a buggy Beanie so should be ok. Trouble with the LRP is its a uprated 1/10th motor and has allways run hot, comes with a huge fan and the instructions tell you never to run without it!! Got one when they first came out thinking it would be good... oh well live and learn.

Hmm...sounds like a refund from the retailer to me as it's 'not fit for purpose' on the LRP mate.

The Castle should see you right, mine has been great ;)

AmiSMB
25-03-2010, 10:51 AM
I did tell you mush that the LRP is not a good investment. I would recommend the Tekin T8 range. As you know when I am still going round the track after you have broke by Tekin comes off nice and cold and I can do 15mins on a 5200mah 4s pack. I am running a T8 Truggy 2250 in the buggy and love it. Bite the bullet and get one. Really in the buggy 2250 is the highest I would go on 4s. I still have my 1500 for running 6s but Tony is sticking to 4s at the moment.

lambchops
25-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Trouble is Grant you told me after I had bought one!! haha

Yes could be tempted with the Tekin dads has also been faultless and never gets warm. Just the rotor issue worrys me a little and ive never heard of a castle/ neu motor failing yet.. Plus have the castle speedo so would make sense to go castle as all the connector fit perfect etc..

I did tell you mush that the LRP is not a good investment. I would recommend the Tekin T8 range. As you know when I am still going round the track after you have broke by Tekin comes off nice and cold and I can do 15mins on a 5200mah 4s pack. I am running a T8 Truggy 2250 in the buggy and love it. Bite the bullet and get one. Really in the buggy 2250 is the highest I would go on 4s. I still have my 1500 for running 6s but Tony is sticking to 4s at the moment.

lambchops
25-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Hmm...sounds like a refund from the retailer to me as it's 'not fit for purpose' on the LRP mate.

The Castle should see you right, mine has been great ;)

Yep I agree Beanie its not!! Myself and a mate bought them at the same time and both of ours have been back to LRP 2 times!! Now its gone again ive finished with it.

Rcrcrus
25-03-2010, 09:08 PM
How much work has it done? very interested
Hi LC. I have only used it for 2 meetings as i sold my rallyX and stuck with my truggy. The motor is fast but with the timing set down and geared down a bit it is totally controlable. Pm me if would like to know more.

AmiSMB
26-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Just the rotor issue worrys me a little and ive never heard of a castle/ neu motor failing yet.

The T8 2250 that I run has the original version 1 rotor in it and is still perfectly fine. Admittedly I run mech brakes and clutch which means that the motor is worked as hard as direct drive. They have had hardly any failures from the version 2 rotors so I do not think that is a reason to discard them. I have to admit that I have not heard of a castle motor failing but being made by Neu they are quality. My only issue with Castle motors is that they are silly KV ratings for racing and do get hot because of this. You would be better off if you go for a Neu motor then you can get a sensible KV motor. I do prefer sensored systems like the RX8 as I have seen the castle and losi get confused on a slow corner and require a marshal to give it a push.

lambchops
28-03-2010, 03:45 PM

Check your PM's mate ;)

lambchops
29-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Still looking if anyone else has one.... either Tekin or Castle