PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 4th April

chrispattinson
30-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Seems a while since I did some graft, so I'll volunteer to pick the computer etc up from someone for this weekends racing, and I'll run race control.

I'll need someone there who knows how to lock up though.
Chris.

Dalla
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I have the computer etc.

Can we confirm numbers, so if you are intending to come this Sunday then drop a yes onto this thread.

The current list is:
Chris
Me

Scoobster
02-04-2010, 09:20 PM
We will be there but just to run in between rounds again if thats OK

chris68nufc
03-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Im going, so thats 3!

Its really hard work getting the track back into the garage so there will have to be plenty people turn up!

Anybody else fancy it?

chrispattinson
03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
2WD and 4WD for me!

chris68nufc
03-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Wasnt there a rule that said if there werent 10 people then we couldnt race?

I will still be up for it if we are ALLOWED!!

Plenty practice thats what im thinking!!

turbobrick
03-04-2010, 02:20 PM
There wasn't a rule regarding 10 people, what was said is it takes 10 people to pay the rent and that the club can't go indefinitely making up the shortfall.

At present though your 3 month trial regarding evening racing ain't looking too hot, were's all these people that would DEFINITELY race if it was on an evening.

Peter

littlened
03-04-2010, 03:17 PM
are the attences better on a sunday to the old days at jarrow on a tuesday evening?

chris68nufc
03-04-2010, 03:22 PM
No. Tuesdays were the bomb. Used to be loads
Bring back Tuesdays, bring back Tuesdays,bring back tuesdays

turbobrick
03-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Chris, go make an effort and find somewhere to race on a Tuesday,

peter

mr emily
03-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Hello

We are going sunday, assumin we get sunday lunch over by then, Hmm turkey!

What happened to the people who raced 2 weeks ago. It was a totally different set of people to those who raced last week. What happened to you all? Is it the prospect of coming against people who are just simply to fast for their own good and of other slower drivers around them. Are they frightening people off. I don't blame you really!!

If enough people turn up and it it finishes at a reasonable time then come along. If there are the numbers we can have own own heat with sensible drivers in it!!!
Keith

baD
03-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Count me in as one more.
If anyone has spare ZX-5 bits, would they bring them along, as I might need to buy some :thumbdown:

see you there

pugs
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM
I have a trf501x in the for sale section, buy that Bill...you won't break nothing compared to the zx-5:)

chris68nufc
04-04-2010, 06:55 AM
What happened to the people who raced 2 weeks ago. It was a totally different set of people to those who raced last week. What happened to you all? Is it the prospect of coming against people who are just simply to fast for their own good and of other slower drivers around them. Are they frightening people off. I don't blame you really!!

Whats that supposed to mean? If you have a fast car then you are not welcome?
I think last week was really good as did mostly everybody i spoke to after we were finished.

chris68nufc
04-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Chris, go make an effort and find somewhere to race on a Tuesday,

peter

Quality again Peter from you!

Believe me, if there was anywhere else to race on a week night i would be there however until that time i will try my best to get there on a Sunday night.

chrispattinson
04-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Looking forward to racing tonight.
I'll do race control, probably on auto though.
First Qualifier on the line @ 19:00
Keith, Ill keep you out of my heat, Im too fast for my own good!!
Seriously though, if there was bad driving, it should be rectified on the night, and reported to the race director. I would hate to think peoples wreckless driving is ruining it for others. Lets be honest here though and name names... was it Pack? :lol:

chris68nufc
04-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Last week Keith was in Emilys,Peters and Stephen Adams heat. I cant understand where the problem was.
Keith?? Can you post your reasons?

mr emily
04-04-2010, 09:05 AM
I was not in the 4wd drive final, just an interested onlooker/marshall. I watched a poor race and marshalled a lot!!!

keith

chris68nufc
04-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Thats why i was unsure what you meant.

Do you think that having all of the 4wd cars in the same final created a problem? Personally i did.

The track is too small and tight to have 9 or so cars going nuts round it.
It would probably put the slower drivers off if they are getting lapped after 2 laps.

Im sure that we were struggling for time thats why it was done. Race directors decision is final:D

chrispattinson
04-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Fair enough, I wasnt there, but 9 cars sounds like a lot. Max 6 I would say. It also means that making the A is a bit more of a challenge, rather than every man and his dog getting into it.

dpackster1980
04-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Chris you hit the nail on the head, I would've preferred to split the 4wd but time wasn't on our side especially with the amount of work that had to be done.

If we had time to split it the Mr Green would've been pole in the B.

Because of the time issue my hands were tied, I would've done it differetly if we had more time.

When things like this happens peoples feathers will get ruffled it's unavoidable.

Have fun folks.....

chrispattinson
04-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Must have been a stormer from Mr Green then! He won it so I heard.

Dalla
04-04-2010, 12:30 PM
He certainly did, see the proof....

http://www.jarrowrc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/results/20100328_ClubNight/mtg14/ressum.htm

turbobrick
04-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Quality again Peter from you!

Believe me, if there was anywhere else to race on a week night i would be there however until that time i will try my best to get there on a Sunday night.

What was meant was go find a suitable venue available mid week and for the right price and it may be a possibility to move the club. But as with most things that are typed when it's read back it doesn't appear as it should.

At present I'm in talks regarding some land, one thats just a field and one with a large barn on it, which would be perfect for racing, there's also a couple of other possibilities regarding other venues for racing, but as it always is, it comes down to cost and wether the club could afford to pay for it.

Peter

AdamS
04-04-2010, 03:38 PM
i will be there tonight.. just charging my cells.

emzy
04-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Whats that supposed to mean? If you have a fast car then you are not welcome?
I think last week was really good as did mostly everybody i spoke to after we were finished.

When we were finished? Racing I assume... because you definitely weren't there when we finished putting the track away - along with quite a few other people who left before the job was done (I admit I get girly and don't carry as much stuff as others... but at least I try!). I wonder if the 1 system should be used... !

And that wasn't what Dad meant! He was talking about the fact that when we were there the week before there was me and him, Ellis, two guys I don't know the names of and the boy (I'm sorry I don't know his name!!) who was there last week with his dad but was too intimidated to actually be in a real race (although he did the week before), but none of them (bar us) raced last week!

The 3 of us who marshalled the 4wd final (including my Dad who still can't walk properly with his foot) were definitely kept busy... and shouted at a fair bit! Dad even commented that he saw me running... SHOCK HORROR. Basically though guys, if there's only 3 people (including a limpy old man and a girl), don't shout... it's rude and will only make me less inclined to make an effort for you!

Scoobster
04-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Sorry guys won't be there tonight, not sure why as i can't get and answer out of him but Matthew doesn't want to go tonight?

Emzy yeah it was Matthew with you in the 2wd heat 2 weeks ago and i know he was nowhere near as quick as the others in the heat but i thought he did quite well.

But yeah he did seem intimidated last week and didn't want to race in the heats even though he was signed in for them. I have tried to find out why but no joy? Not sure if he's intimidated by the racing or the marshalling? I did marshal for the heats after the one he should have been in last week just so like you said there was more than just 3 marshals out there. Sorry i couldn't help out with putting the gear in the garage at the end of the night but we can't get him out of bed for school on the monday if he's up too late.

He doesn't want to go at all tonight?? kids eh! lol

chrispattinson
05-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Top night racing!
Really enjoyed the 4WD / 2WD mix. Good track, good effort (home for 22:30), and good skills from all drivers.
Racing was tidier in the B final than the A though, good to see Bill, Ian and Keith having a good competitive race.

littlened
05-04-2010, 07:58 AM
I wasn't there last week, but was the week before. I can only make it every 2 weeks.

I found the final when everyone was in it together a bit intimidating. I spent most of the time just moving out the way of everyone, although I understand time wasn't on our side so it had to be done that way.

and, I'm pretty sure I required the help of the marshalls less alot of the better drivers as well....but then I wasn't going as fast :D

For me, although new and getting back into it, I'd have liked to see a few more people there last week.

Dalla
06-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Results are uploaded for Sunday

http://www.jarrowrc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/results.html

cmgreen
06-04-2010, 10:18 AM
There was no catching mr Stewart on sunday nite, fast as fook!!! Must of been those kangaroo foams! :)

chris68nufc
06-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I was actually running my KWF foams and also red losi pistons from P-Dub racing as in my sig.

The X6 was very very good.

Really enjoying racing at the minute.

N7ELA
06-04-2010, 05:16 PM
I was actually running my KWF foams and also red losi pistons from P-Dub racing as in my sig.

The X6 was very very good.

Really enjoying racing at the minute.

Are you a team driver now chris...???

chris68nufc
06-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Pardon?

N7ELA
06-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Pardon?

Rumour is your a team P-dub driver now...

chris68nufc
06-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Its not a rumour....its a fact.:thumbsup: www.p-dubracing.co.uk (http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk)

N7ELA
06-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Its not a rumour....its a fact.:thumbsup: www.p-dubracing.co.uk (http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk)

Wow they do some mint parts there mind.

And at rock bottom prices too.

Its no wonder you kicked everybodies bums last sunday mind...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dpackster1980
06-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Wow they do some mint parts there mind.

And at rock bottom prices too.

Its no wonder you kicked everybodies bums last sunday mind...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Did you mean licking???

How else could he get sponsored.

chris68nufc
06-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I will ignore that last comment. :thumbdown: