PDA

View Full Version : losi XXX-CR to B4

greeny
30-06-2007, 08:00 PM
hi all, im about to get a knew car and was wondering about a factory team B4... if i get one what spares will i need are they a strong car, does anything break on them. do they need any hopups of any sort to make them better and do losi wheels fit on them?

thanx jordan

bert digler
30-06-2007, 08:06 PM
hi all, im about to get a knew car and was wondering about a factory team B4... if i get one what spares will i need are they a strong car, does anything break on them. do they need any hopups of any sort to make them better and do losi wheels fit on them?

thanx jordan

ill give you 50 for ya losi

greeny
30-06-2007, 08:12 PM
soz m8 its in bits and i broke the chassis on it so its basically everything bar the chassis, pivot mount, rear shocktower.

thanx jordan

greeny
30-06-2007, 08:16 PM
it has a toneof spares aswell al brandknew just out of packet.

6 ea3 FORNT WISHBONES
4 EA3 rear wishbones
front hubs, spidle carries
ea3 knew revised rear hubs (come on xxx-cr)
spare sprnigs etc.

it would also come with spare wheels and tires as i dont think losi ones fit my b4 if i get one.

jordan

matt
30-06-2007, 11:40 PM
it would also come with spare wheels and tires as i dont think losi ones fit my b4 if i get one.

The rears will fit but the fronts will not

bert digler
01-07-2007, 07:03 AM
it has a toneof spares aswell al brandknew just out of packet.

6 ea3 FORNT WISHBONES
4 EA3 rear wishbones
front hubs, spidle carries
ea3 knew revised rear hubs (come on xxx-cr)
spare sprnigs etc.

jordan

wot would you want as box of bits then 35 posted keep the back wheels bodyshell not needed mate

greeny
01-07-2007, 09:17 AM
i cnt do it for that low soz m8 and plus i duno if im goin to change to a b4 yet im seein wot te pro and cons of them arwe then weighing it up agianst the xxx-cr

jordan

matt
01-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Have you got a CR or is it a KE like on your sig:confused:

greeny
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
well its between the 2 because it start life as a ke then i changed the steerring rack to CR and then front wishbones, brought rear wishbones to change them aswell but neva got round to it.

jordan

matt
01-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Thats fair. Anyway if you are going to get a B4 factory team the only mod you will need is a plastic fantastic chassis. I've been running 1 for 2 years and in that time the only thing i have busted is 1 pair of front wishbones and a few wing mounts. Spring wise you will need silver and blue fronts and silver and green rears. What type of surface will you be running on.

MikePimlott
01-07-2007, 10:56 AM
You will only need to buy a stealth b4 then get ti turnbuckles new ball cups, threaded shocks, thats then basically good enough.

greeny
01-07-2007, 11:05 AM
yh but the factory team has the carbon fibre battery strap and things aswell plus microtech racing have it on offer now for 175quid.

ill be running on a grass suface with quite worndwn corners and reasonably-very bumpy

jordan

matt
01-07-2007, 11:06 AM
You will only need to buy a stealth b4 then get ti turnbuckles new ball cups, threaded shocks, thats then basically good enough.
The thing with that is the price you end up paying.
B4 £140
Ti turnbuckles £20
Ball cups Losi HD £7
Front Shock £40
Rear shocks £40
£247

B4 Factory team £200
Plastic chassis £15
Losi HD ball cups £7
£222
plus you get the bling factor with the blue motor mount and servo posts and the carbon battery strap

greeny
01-07-2007, 11:12 AM
yes exactly answer my question inthe GENERAL CAR TLK section because i think its a reli good idea i think everyone would like to read it if it was done.

jordan

matt
01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Anyway if you want a good nick B4 factory team with brand new plastic chassis(carbon one included) White HD losi ball ends, Factory team battery thumb screws, Factory team blue shock bushings give me a shout.

greeny
01-07-2007, 11:15 AM
well im definatly interested but i wnt be gettin the money till the end of this month. how much are you looking to get for it.

jordan

matt
01-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Thats alright i'm in no rush to sell it. I'm looking for £80. Where abouts are you:confused:

greeny
01-07-2007, 11:29 AM
well i might be able to borrow the money atm, if ur looking for 80 quid then hold it dont sell it and i may be able to sort something out. could u pm me some pictures please.

i live in ipswich.

jordan

could i possibly pay you through paypal and u send me the car if i can get the money.

matt
01-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I live in colchester, I take it you race at coastal i was going to go there today but had the day off as the weather looked bad. I have been there a few times i had the blue and orange Yok Bx and the orange and white B4.

greeny
01-07-2007, 11:38 AM
not sure mate, lol sounds good tho... well ill see if i can get the money and ill pm u if i can. does the car come with a bodyshell/wing and tyres?

maybe we could meet somewhere if i can get the money?

jordan

greeny
01-07-2007, 11:38 AM
and yes i race coastal lol

jordan

matt
01-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Yer it has a body and a Yokomo curved wing on it. with instructions aswell.

greeny
01-07-2007, 11:46 AM
lol good good this is guna sounds cheaky lol but box?

jordan

matt
01-07-2007, 11:51 AM
lol good good this is guna sounds cheaky lol but box?

jordan
Haha.
Sorry there is no box

greeny
01-07-2007, 11:52 AM
ok no probz. sounds good ill see if i can get the money and then if i can well arrange sumfink.

jordan

matt
01-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Ok no probs but could you let me know either way.
Thanks

Gavin Collingwood
02-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Definately the B4 mate much better all round than the cr in my opinion, the only thing that seem to break on me are shock towers slightly more front than back other than that ive broke one wishbone otherwise they seem rather strong

bigred5765
02-08-2007, 04:15 PM
if yoy want a b4 factory team i can get you a brand new one in the box for £165

josh_smaxx
02-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Haha, i love all these people who've hardly broken anything :p Iv broken it loads, i admit its a very strong car and takes more punishment than id expect (stronger than the losi) but it still breaks, i broke both carbon wishbones on the right on Wednesday night in practice and replaced with plastic, broken front and rear shocktowers (2 of each), lost count of bulkheads and iv broke a few hub carriers.... plus i snapped the piece in the chassis that separates the servo from the cells, but that was my own fault for not putting the foam in and going flat out into something solid :rolleyes:

But ya, nice car, people say its ugly but i like them better than the XXX CR.

modelimages
02-08-2007, 08:25 PM
if yoy want a b4 factory team i can get you a brand new one in the box for £165
i am sure your new uk shop sponsor will be well pleased with you undermining the uk market:D

bigred5765
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
just selling old stock

danDanEFC
03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I bent a drive shaft on my B4 on Sunday!

Can anyone beat that?

ashleyb4
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Ive bent 2 drive shafts.

A

bigred5765
03-08-2007, 01:09 PM
i bent 3 drive shafts

josh_smaxx
03-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Iv bent 2 drive shafts (still use them in the old car) but had a nice crash on wednesday night to the rear without damaging a CVD, but broke everything else :) still the best 2wd out :D

gazbaz2
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Haha, i love all these people who've hardly broken anything :p Iv broken it loads, i admit its a very strong car and takes more punishment than id expect (stronger than the losi) but it still breaks, i broke both carbon wishbones on the right on Wednesday night in practice and replaced with plastic, broken front and rear shocktowers (2 of each), lost count of bulkheads and iv broke a few hub carriers.... plus i snapped the piece in the chassis that separates the servo from the cells, but that was my own fault for not putting the foam in and going flat out into something solid :rolleyes:

But ya, nice car, people say its ugly but i like them better than the XXX CR.
How Can you say its stronger than the losi, have you had a losi ?????

Gavin Collingwood
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
my mate chris snapped his driveshaft we still dont know how coz he was just going into a corner and it just snapped where driveshaft meets the axle, strange:wtf:

josh_smaxx
03-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Yes iv had a XX CR and it just didnt feel strong, granted i didnt break anything but i only drove it once on the track and once in the road, best part about that car was the lunsford turnbuckles i took off it. Ok the whole thing was a bit of a bodge job but i just dont think the Losi's look strong, although i do like the shockers :cool:

LEGEND
03-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Josh we are on about the xxx-cr not the xx-cr. I beleive the xx-cr is an older version i think. But i am unsure at the moment.:)

josh_smaxx
03-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Ye it is and i know its a different car, just Garry ask if id ever owned a Losi, just saying i had :) and iv still got it in pieces :p

gazbaz2
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Josh we are on about the xxx-cr not the xx-cr. I beleive the xx-cr is an older version i think. But i am unsure at the moment.:)
Yes leggy you are right i am talking about the XXX-CR they are made out of the same material as the B4 so on that note no1 can really say that the B4 is stronger, ive had the B4 and strength wise there both the same, its just he hasnt raced that long to know about the differant strength's of each cars. plus he has broke a hell off alot on his B4 which tells me(and ive seen him) his car is far to fast for him to handdle, he needs to learn to walk before he can run.:rolleyes:

josh_smaxx
04-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Well you have stated the problem perfectly there, (going off topic i know, sorry)

My car is still not competativly fast at teesside even with a much better driver than me using my car, and i have thrown more money at that car than i thought possible. I think that before you say peoples cars are to fast for them the club should maybe consider a few classes for 2wd then, because it puts newcomers off having to have the best of everything (which i do not) to have a car thats remotely competative, then to find themselfs that the car is to quick for them.

Im sorry but i found that last comment fairly offensive, ok i aint the best driver, not by a long way and i probably never will be and yes i went from the B4 RTR motor (17T) to a mamba 5700, im not the only one who doesthings like that, i was just getting frustrated that i started driving alot better yet i could not keep up with anyone so i had to start throwing money at it.....

Back on topic, Choose which ever one you want mate, i obviously dont have a clue.

gazbaz2
04-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Well you have stated the problem perfectly there, (going off topic i know, sorry)

My car is still not competativly fast at teesside even with a much better driver than me using my car, and i have thrown more money at that car than i thought possible. I think that before you say peoples cars are to fast for them the club should maybe consider a few classes for 2wd then, because it puts newcomers off having to have the best of everything (which i do not) to have a car thats remotely competative, then to find themselfs that the car is to quick for them.

Im sorry but i found that last comment fairly offensive, ok i aint the best driver, not by a long way and i probably never will be and yes i went from the B4 RTR motor (17T) to a mamba 5700, im not the only one who doesthings like that, i was just getting frustrated that i started driving alot better yet i could not keep up with anyone so i had to start throwing money at it.....

Back on topic, Choose which ever one you want mate, i obviously dont have a clue.
Sorry Josh, wasnt ment to be affensive just stating that i could have a 19T motor in mine and be in the top 3 no probs, on our track speed is not the issue, its skill and keeping the car on its wheels, what you need to do is to do the indoor regianals that will bring you on, thats what i did, it brings you on without you even nowing it.

josh_smaxx
04-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Ye, thats why i will be getting a legal motor soon.

LEGEND
04-08-2007, 01:21 PM
And is that the one that you may be purchasing off of me.:) As i will still need to know when you can buy it before i sell you it.:eh?: If that makes sense.:)

LEGEND
04-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Sorry Josh, wasnt ment to be affensive just stating that i could have a 19T motor in mine and be in the top 3 no probs.

I have already proven this in an older series i was running a 19t motor and finished third in the series and finished third in a few races aswell. So that proves that it is not the car but how well the driver can drive the car.:)

ashleyb4
04-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Yea its nothing to do with how much you spend aslong as you have the right speings a nice 19tmotor a reasonable speedo and some good tyres you can be very competative. And having the quickest motor doesnt make you the fastest. Fast is slow and slow is fast.

A

josh_smaxx
04-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Is that why everyine at teesside runs high spec brushless :p

Legend, im sory but i odnt think i will be buying the 4.5 off you, i have other things that take up money and therefore i cannot afford it, sorry for the inconvenience i miht have caused.

Ya, i know i would drive better with a slower car (and anyway, i feel that i have come along way since i have used the new FT) but i just cant stand brushed motors, sticky brushes do my nut in so im gonna stick with brushless for now, i like it :)

tc2k
04-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Is that why everyine at teesside runs high spec brushless :p

Legend, im sory but i odnt think i will be buying the 4.5 off you, i have other things that take up money and therefore i cannot afford it, sorry for the inconvenience i miht have caused.

Ya, i know i would drive better with a slower car (and anyway, i feel that i have come along way since i have used the new FT) but i just cant stand brushed motors, sticky brushes do my nut in so im gonna stick with brushless for now, i like it :)

The brushless are popular and alot have them coz you dont have to maintain them and the only brushlesses out there are the high spec ones anyway really. 19s are competitive up to a decent level, i ran one for a while and theyre not bad indoors, just outdoors where you struggle

LEGEND
04-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Taht is why you go and get a 19t motor with lots of torque. and gear itr at something 27/81 and then it will easyilly keep up with a 12 turn:rolleyes: . With some decent cells in maybe.:D That is what i did at the beginning of not last year the year before, as my dad wouldn't let me get a faster motor as he didn't think i could handle it at the time.:)

josh_smaxx
04-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Hehe, i wasnt going to run the mamba at first, just put a 19T on it and practice till i could handle brushless, but when i got it there was this nice shiny motor sitting right in front of me, who was i to say no? :p

Col
04-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Teeside is unlike any other venue I've raced at. The grip is so high that slow motors are an advantage for mortal drivers to help prevent grip roll. It's only if you're really good or have lots of experience there that a fast motor does you any good.
Josh - wise move not buying the 4.5. That's just stupid fast;)

LiamD
04-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Josh, listen to what Gary says... wise words!! You may find it offensive but it is the truth. Put a 27t stock in and learn how to drive and how to set the car up. Even a 19t motor is too fast for a beginner like yourself, in my opinion. If you keep throwing money at it, you will just go fast in a straight(ish) line and break a lot of parts, and end up with no money (or your parents will just say no to giving you more money!). Remember, slow is fast!

Listen to Leg-end too. Simply because he is THE Legend! :o

Back on topic (lol), I found my old Losi 2wd broke no more than my B4... but to be honest with the speed of the cars nowadays if you crash something is likely to break. At the time I had my Losi bits were more expensive than B4 parts, which I guess is a factor worth thinking about.

Liam...

josh_smaxx
05-08-2007, 09:11 AM
I know, I know.

Its not even a fast brusless in it now, the 5700 is apparently equivlent to a 7.5 brushless, i may consider buying a slower motor, and just to say, im not a begginer, i may of only been racing buggies since march but i aint a begginer :p i did stuff before that you know ;)

LiamD
05-08-2007, 02:46 PM
As much as we tell you though, you aren't going to change it are you? We tell you to slow down because in the end we don't want to lose a member when either you get bored of fixing it, or your parents stop paying for it all.

I don't really know what to say to the beginner comment... :o

Liam...

josh_smaxx
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
:p You will never loose a member in my behalf, iv spent to much to pull out now.

Just saying, iv been very into RC cars for years, just never raced them.

I might change, i just dont like brushed motors, to much maintenance