PDA

View Full Version : National Promotions

David Church
30-03-2010, 07:18 PM
With the Nationals set to start in just over 2 weeks it's time for me to make the rounds and try to get more exposure for our sport.
What I am after is names of local newspapers/magazines and local TV and local radio starting with Talywain.
Last year I sent out loads of e mail to local news people with almost zero response, I soon learned that the best way was to call and speak to someone, so names and phone numbers of these newspaper/magazine/local TV/local radio would be a great help to me.

Like I said, let's start with Talywain. Then 2 to 3 weeks before each round I will ask for the local details for each National.

My goal is to get some sort of coverage for each national and at least 1 TV crew to at least one event. Even if it is a small article in the local rag!!! I feel any coverage in the local area of a National meeting may bring some new members to that club. And hopefully start racing at club level, which may increase to Regionals, Nationals and so on.

Thanks in advance for any and all help:thumbsup:

Roy
30-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Hi David,

Not sure if this contact will be any use, he was very interested when we organised the combined Electric / Nitro Event at the Welsh Motor Show in 2008

Robin Roberts at wheelswithinwales@btinternet.com (wheelswithinwales@btinternet.com) his website is http://www.wheelswithinwales.co.uk/

All the best trying to get them interested

Roy

mikeyscott
30-03-2010, 07:49 PM
DC

I used to work for the Newsquest group many moons ago and they along with trinity mirror group & johnson press own just about every local newspaper in the land.

www.newsquest.co.uk

They'll be a big long list of contacts. If a regional was near me I'd get hold of my old Daily Echo lot to get something in. I worked for Newsqust Hampshire. Media are evil in my current job.

David Church
30-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks Roy, I will send him an e-mail!:thumbsup:

David Church
30-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Cheers Mike

E mail sent Roy

mikeyscott
30-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I think club websites making sure they have a link to the brca too.

Can Racer mag etc help out?

How many are uni students, again will bound to be uni's nearby. Convince them to give up booze and go racing!

panch
30-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I think club websites making sure they have a link to the brca too.

Can Racer mag etc help out?

How many are uni students, again will bound to be uni's nearby. Convince them to give up booze and go racing!

If they give us booze they can drive my car...probably do a better job :lol:

David Church
30-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I just had an e-mail from Robin, the editor of wheelswhitinwales and he is happy to help out by running a piece on the first round!!! Thanks again Roy!!!
He wants some pics for Talywain last year, so Jimmy is it ok if they use some of yours? We can tell them they have to keep the oOple.com on there:wub

Roy
30-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Hi David,

Glad Robin is still as interested and is of use, it's a few months since we last had contact but intend to take him up on an offer to run a piece on COBRA in the not to distant future.

Good luck with your other contacts.

All the best

Roy

David Church
12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Have a look at this!!! This is very cool.
A big thanks to Roy!!!

http://www.wheelswithinwales.co.uk/articles/20100409_2

Ok it's crunch time, give me some phone numbers of local news, papers and tv, and I will call em and try and get some more coverage.

DCM
12-04-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/

they are the two main press papers

David Church
13-04-2010, 05:16 AM
The editor of wheelswithinwales has also agreed to post the winners this weekend on his website, he is espically interested in any Welsh that win, so come on boyo, get it done:thumbsup:

Belsten
13-04-2010, 06:41 AM
ha ha no pressure then :woot: Theres only ever been 1 Welsh winner I think, Jon Tucker, 2wd, just pipped Drescher to it if my memory serves me right

DaveG28
13-04-2010, 08:03 AM
ha ha no pressure then :woot: Theres only ever been 1 Welsh winner I think, Jon Tucker, 2wd, just pipped Drescher to it if my memory serves me right

Just give it maximum angry lappage Bavid, that'll get it done!:thumbsup:

Belsten
13-04-2010, 08:55 AM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Jamie B4
13-04-2010, 09:07 AM
But Bavid make sure you take that pink shell off and use Griff's.

Welsh winner - all welsh are winners

Cue the abuse!!!!!!!!!!

millzy
13-04-2010, 09:08 AM

Denner Tqed 2wd the old Workshop National Now RHR tied on points with Ellis I belive

GRIFF55
13-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Lets get it done downramp!!!! Get yourself over there at nights too in that fancy new camper!!

David Church
13-04-2010, 04:40 PM
You only have to win your final, not the meeting silly boyo:thumbsup::p

David Church
14-04-2010, 04:49 PM
I spoke to the newspaper today, they took alot of details, now let's hope the editor decides to run the story:thumbsup:

Gemma
14-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Denner Tqed 2wd the old Workshop National Now RHR tied on points with Ellis I belive

Millzy now there is a blast from the past, Mr Jody Denner!