PDA

View Full Version : Spares shortages

Shannow
31-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Has anyone else had any trouble getting hold of spares?

I've been looking around for new front lower chassis plates but none of the usual websites I go to have any in. Fusion Hobbies have had to cancel my last order, saying Ansmann couldn't give them a delivery date for any of the items I was after (screw set, rear shock tower mount & front chassis plate). I've got a front chassis plate on order with JE Spares but whilst the other stuff arrived, no chassis plate yet.

I'm thinking they're either going through a lot of these parts or there's a delay on new ones as it's being changed....

kaylon
31-03-2010, 11:53 AM
I've not had much issues with normal parts yet but I'm still waiting for my alloy hop-ups

I've just received suspension arms and shock mounts from Models in Motion (http://www.modelsinmotion.co.uk/spares/Ansmann_Racing__Madrat_and_X_Pro_Ansmann_Racing_Pa rts_RC_Car_Spare_Parts_RC_Spare_Parts_id672) only took a day..maybe they have the parts you need.

J

kedal
31-03-2010, 12:30 PM
No problem with RC Pro Center, US online shop :

http://www.rcprocenterstore.com/servlet/StoreFront

Try this one too : (carbone hop up available)
From HK, big shipping price

http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=71

A new one : (from USA, it's Team C Racing USA)

http://www.teamcamerica.com/shopcart/index.php?main_page=index

kaylon
31-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Good suggestions Kedal...I'm gonna keep my eyes on Team C America, they seem to be doing some good deals.

Only prob with them is the postage... If I order say the rear shock mount from Team C, they cost $3.12..which is a fantastic price, but to ship them here will cost a further $14.00, a total of $17.12 (£11) and will take up to 10 days.

Granted even over here in the UK the same part costs about £6 ($9) with postage but as a rule you'd hope to get it within 2-3 days.

JEspares are doing a pretty good job of keeping at least 1 of everything in apart from of course the lower chassis plates :) but I'm sure they will get them.

My spares order cost about £50.00. I'm now basically set for the first few races I think. I have 2 sets of front and rear hubs as backups as I'm using the alloy ones, front and rear suspension arms, front and rear shock towers, a few bags of screws and fixings and some spring variations.

The spares might have cost more then a Madrat kit...but I've got doubles of some parts and tuning options so I'm happy :)

J

Shannow
01-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the suggestions - I've got an idea of where to go now if things get desperate!

I actually bought a spare Mad Rat kit purely for spares a while back, ended up building it and using it as a mess about car but now it's fully stripped again. Certainly cheaper than buying all the parts individually but of course a lot of the bits don't actually break and you've only got 1 spare for the bits that do... Still I'm sure it'll come in over time as stuff starts to get worn.

kedal
01-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I know this problem of shipping cost...

I order my spares at rc pro center, the price is very very low, this shipping cost is good BUT, it take at least 2 weeks to come in france... very long... but I can wait :)

I'll order only hop up at TCmodels, from HK, the cost is lower than at team C america, but the shipping cost is bigger... In fact, it's depend what I take.

It's a shame to have 2 or 3 different shop to order spares/hop up for the same car.

I have an advantage to live in france, the change dollar/euro is very good for me ! ;)

ConceptRacing
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Before i lost all my stock i had most of the spares for a Rat, some items took awhile coming in but most were not a problem, once our security problems have been sorted I will be looking at getting most parts back in stock.

kaylon
01-04-2010, 08:36 PM
CR... you Lost all your stock?....did some chav steal all your stock ?

Anything we can do as a community to help?

J

ConceptRacing
12-04-2010, 05:10 PM
I now have a good selection of Mad Rat spares back in stock, everything from wishbones to shock towers and hubs, I am hopefully getting some stock back together over the next couple of weeks, so I can start bringing it with me to the Mid West regionals as the plan was in the first place.