PDA

View Full Version : Rear shocks

tjf
02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi all

How many limiters should I use on the rear shocks to keep the driveshafts in?

Its only until I get my Losi driveshaft parts which are on order.

Thanks

TJF

xx4-nutter
02-07-2007, 02:36 PM
i need to do the same, they have come out 2 times and eaten spur gears on my x-6 :D ..

which car do you need the shock spacers in ? it happend to my on my xx4we once tom cockerill said to put internal spacers in them shocks and they was losi never ahd that happen before.. but the AE shocks have done it twice now, i have to get some in..

Garry D.

super__dan
02-07-2007, 02:44 PM
X6?

Due to manufacturing tolerances you just need to limit it until the driveshaft is safe inside the diff outdrives, I think it might be 3 or 4 washers usually.

That's assuming the diff outdrives are in good nick and not chipped. I saw someone recently which were badly chipped and would have needed far more limiting which would severely effect handling over the bumps.

The Losi BK2 cvd axle or redrilling the std one really is the way to go on these as you can run mega droop then!

xx4-nutter
02-07-2007, 02:49 PM
I saw someone recently which were badly chipped and would have needed far more limiting which would severely effect handling over the bumps.

that was me dan lol ive changed the outdrives now some new ones on, just need to get the spacers in now and get some of the bk2 axels :)

Garry D.