PDA

View Full Version : Ballcups : JC or RPM?

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Guys,

time for some maintenance on my B4 now the indoor season is over, and ballcups are part of this project. Which ones would you recommend, RPM or JConcepts? Pros and cons? Better fit to AE balls?

Thanks!

Paul

markwilliamson2001
06-04-2010, 11:44 AM
The Jconcepts ones have angled long ball studs for the outer rear ball joints, but they are both better than the original AE ones IMO. I think the RPM ones are cheaper, but they both come in black, white and blue if I remember correctly.

HTH

/tobys
06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I've just fitted JConcepts over the stock AE and chose these over RPM. I've heard the RPM are stronger but the JConcepts a tighter fit but having no experience of the RPM cannot confirm. The RPM are a bit cheaper but I think the cost difference is due to the JConcepts coming with enough regular ballcups to do your entire car PLUS they come with 4 (I think) of the angled ballcups, so you get more parts for your cash.

The JConcepts did seem to take some of the slop out of the linkages but you will need shorter rear turnbuckles if you want to use the special angled parts, which are recommended for the outside rear only.

Richard Lowe
06-04-2010, 01:29 PM
The JC angled ballcups don't usually fit on the rear of a B4 unless you space the shock away from wishbone slightly as they foul the shock spring, but the packs have enough normal ballcups to use everywhere :)

markwilliamson2001
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Cheers for the confirmation Rich :thumbsup:

Lonestar
06-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks all for the feedback... while digging in my gear tonite I found a brand spanking new set of RPM cups that I had bought in advance... as it doesn't seem that neither brand has a definite advantage over the other, well, RPM ballcups it's gonna be... for this time :)

Paul