PDA

View Full Version : get track up and running

andy
03-07-2007, 06:51 PM
when are we going to get a work party down to the track to get grass cut etc. so we can get some racing in.:)

super__dan
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
It's a good idea and I hope people can. Unfortunatly I am going away to Belgium racing tomorrow, National the weekend after and Croatia the 3 weeks after that so I'm not available to help for the next month :(

Good luck to anyone that is though.

philly
04-07-2007, 08:03 AM
There is no doubt that the Batley track is a great resource, but it seems that a combination of local abuse (chavs!) and under use by racers have conspired to let it drop to its current state.:mad:

IMHO surely if the track was fit, it would get more use. It follows that more racers would be around, so less damage could be done by the locals.

But looking at the amount of events publicised aound and about it's much easier to go to another meeting than get to the bottom of Batleys problems.:(

Last Sunday meeting 6 people turned up and therefore couldn't race. It was suggested that they did some work on the ground. Let's face it 6 people to work on the whole site is a tough prospect. However, 30 people, a sunny day, a crate of beer and a radio pumping would go a long way to sorting things out. Tag on an evening race session and bob's your uncle.

Repeat that over a couple of weekends and the track might be up to it's former glory. Just a thought!;)

Oscar
04-07-2007, 08:19 AM
a sunny day,

Can we leave you to organise that part Phil?

Oscar
04-07-2007, 08:24 AM
I see no reason why we cant have a BBQ and an odd beer whilst sorting the track one afternoon/evening. Its just a matter of actually finding a date when enough people are available (not easy with the National and Regional calendars).
The rostrum is the hardest bit to fix, the rest of the track can easily be done in prob 3 or 4 hours if we get 8 or 10 people there working together.;)

philly
04-07-2007, 10:50 AM
To be honest, the temporary rostrum worked pretty well last time out, with just a small section of track out of sight.
Maybe if it was positioned elsewhere there wouldn't be a need to do anything at this stage with the container/rostrum and just concentrate on the track.

As for the sunny day? You give me a date and i'll see what I can do!!;)

Mrs oOple
04-07-2007, 10:58 AM
This may seem a bit off topic, but at work yesterday my colleagues were looking out of the window at a group of people doing some sort of clean up operation in the scruffy area between our building and some sort of factory. We concluded that they were perhaps young offenders, due to at least one of them looking far too young to be working, doing some sort of supervised thingy. Wouldn't it be cool if these kids could do an assisted clean up of the batley track, and I mean really go to town with it, get it neat, relay the astro, smarten up the rostrum, build some 10ft high metal fencing all the way around. But really, if they had to put the effort in then perhaps they'd appreciate the facility a bit more and not trash it.

*Ok I've woken up now*

:p

Northy
04-07-2007, 11:09 AM
The rostrum on top of the container is in hand, the best man for the job is on it ;)

G

Oscar
05-07-2007, 08:18 AM
relay the astro,

:p

Speaking of which, I have recieved an offer on behalf of the club for loads of free astroturf. Its coming up from a pitch in Bolton next month, all we have to do is collect;)
I think there will be more than the club actually needs so if anyone else is interested??? (Southport for your straight?? I noticed holes in it last time I was there)

Northy
05-07-2007, 08:47 AM
'Cough' York 'Cough' ;)

G

philly
05-07-2007, 01:36 PM
'Cough' York 'Cough' ;)

G

Do York have a permanent outdoor venue in mind, G?
Not that the regional track wasn't excellent, BTW:cool:

BenG
05-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Dont forget the track was underwater for nearly 3 days. Its not going to be very nice, cos the water was filled with **sewage*** :rolleyes::eh?::p