PDA

View Full Version : Scottish RC 10th Off-Road Championship

Donutt
07-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Rounds and Dates for Scottish RC Off-road Championship.

Round 1 - May 16th - Stonehaven ----------------> Results (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/mtg1/index.htm)
Round 2 - June 13th - Falkirk ---------------------> Results (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/mtg2/index.htm)
Round 3 - June 27th - ARCCC (race at CSOR) ------> Results (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/mtg3/index.htm)
Round 4 - July 11th - Falkirk ----------------------> Results (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/mtg4/index.htm)
Round 5 - Aug 22nd - Falkirk ----------------------> Results (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/mtg5/index.htm)
Round 6 - Aug 29th - Stonehaven------------------> Results (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/mtg6/index.htm) ---> Final Standings: 2WD (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/2WD-Final.jpg) 4WD (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/4WD-Final.jpg)

Locations
SDRCC - Mineralwell Park, Stonehaven [location (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=mineralwell+park+stonehaven&sll=56.496093,-3.056486&sspn=0.02196,0.027165&ie=UTF8&hq=mineralwell+park&hnear=Stonehaven,+UK&ll=56.972749,-2.216942&spn=0.00271,0.004844&t=h&z=18)]
FRCC - Bowhouse Community Centre, Bowhouse, Road, Grangemouth, FK3 0EU [location (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=11+Skye+ct,+FK3+0EU&sll=56.006228,-3.717992&sspn=0.001396,0.002422&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=11+Skye+Ct,+Grangemouth,+Falkirk+FK3+0,+Unit ed+Kingdom&t=h&ll=56.006198,-3.717628&spn=0.00278,0.004844&z=18)]
CSOR - Central Scotland Off-road Racing - Kypeside Country Capers, Lesmahagow, ML11 0JL [location (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ML11+0JL&sll=56.005808,-3.719602&sspn=0.011121,0.013583&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lanark+ML11+0JL,+United+Kingdom&ll=55.648076,-3.981932&spn=0.005612,0.006791&t=h&z=17)]

Clubs
SDRCC - Stonehaven District Radio Car Club (www.sdrcc.co.uk)
FRCC - Falkirk Radio Car Club (www.falkirkrcc.co.uk)
ARCCC - Ayrshire Radio Controlled Car Club
CSOR - Central Scotland Offroad Racing club (http://csor.co.uk)

All rounds are run to each club's regular rules.
2WD and 4WD will be ran together unless sufficient numbers allow separate heats/finals.
Events are open to all. Entry details will be provided very soon. At present, entries will be accepted on the day of the event, though advance notice to any event would be appreciated. Contact each club individually to submit advance entry for each round.

Entry Fee is £10 per round (club members will receive a 50% discount at rounds at their club).

Three Rounds from Six to count (change due to rescheduled CSOR event)

Results will be collated and passed on to BRCA for inclusion in the Formula gradings for 2011.
For 2010 all participants in Scottish Championship will be graded F5 for End of Season Finals.

Donutt
26-04-2010, 12:05 PM
NEWS: We have a Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112044505502839&ref=ts) for this now.

rowanp25
26-04-2010, 09:18 PM
so how many rounds to count? i may try to attend the falkirk ones and possibly csor

Donutt
26-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Three clubs have agreed that 4 from 6 rounds to count, so everyone HAS to go to two venues and hopefully all three.

bigchris
27-04-2010, 06:58 AM
hi dom , sorry wont be at round 1 but will be at all others , hope it goes well ,
chris

Donutt
28-04-2010, 08:58 AM
UPDATE: see first post.

Fees updated.
Scoring Rounds updated.

Donutt
30-04-2010, 10:03 AM
UPDATE: see first post.

Club running CSOR event is actually Ayrshire RCCC, not East Kilbride.
Championship points will be regarded as Scottish Regional Series and will decide Formula gradings for 2011.
All participants in this series not yet graded, will be graded as F5 for 2010 Eos Finals.

mark79
02-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Well done Dom. Good to see someone kept the dream alive.

bigchris
02-05-2010, 05:45 PM
hi mark , there a car with your name on it if you want it....:thumbsup:

raymondkerr
02-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Yeah sparky, I think you need to come out of retirement for this me thinks. Do you still have the CAT ? Would be great to see you racing again.

Numbers so far from falkirk/EK about 6,7 - should have more confirmed next week.

Roll on the 16th.
:D

bigchris
02-05-2010, 07:15 PM
raymondo you have PM:thumbsup:

Donutt
02-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks guys.

Mark - this was your dream, so happy to help.
It was - is - a stonkin' idea and lets hope it gets the support it deserves.

I was up at Stoney today and had the 511 whizzing about on the grass -not practising mind(!) - just drumming up some interest.

The 511 got one guy a little scared and thinks he's going to get some more practice in before May 16th.

It also spent about 10 mins in the hands of an old hand at Off-Road. No names but he was a quality pair of thumbs, and I think he might be tempted into making a come-back.... Watch this space!

Maybe he'll get a car and post here. I know he's reading...

Donutt
10-05-2010, 03:15 PM
UPDATE: See 1st Post

Information on Round 1

aberscoob
14-05-2010, 07:52 PM
A bit off topic but does anyone that is going to this weekends meeting at stoney run a ZX5??

I was testing mine out tonight and have fried my rear diff :(

I need the diff halfs (outdrives) if anyone has spares i would really like to have them as at this moment in time i wont be doing any racing!

Cheers,

Steve.

Donutt
14-05-2010, 08:18 PM
I think Dan does.
I'll txt him and see if he can help.

He'll reply here if he can (depends if he's online tonight.)

Donutt
14-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Dan got there on SDRCC website!

You might be sorted! :thumbsup:

DanB4
14-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Guys,

See posted image on racechat Steve do these look right?

Dan

aberscoob
14-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Cheers Dom im now sorted for Sunday. :)

:thumbsup: to Dan!

DanB4
14-05-2010, 08:53 PM
:D :thumbsup:

Donutt
01-06-2010, 03:40 PM
UPDATE: See 1st Post

Information on Round 2

Donutt
29-06-2010, 10:27 AM
UPDATE:

Results links added to First Post.

Donutt
29-06-2010, 11:09 AM
UPDATE:

Championship Standings added to 1st post.

Donutt
11-07-2010, 09:13 PM
UPDATE:

Results from Round 4 and Latest Championship Standings added to 1st post.

raymondkerr
14-07-2010, 03:18 PM
A short video of the 2WD A Final is on the EK website

http://ekmodelcarclub.co.uk/Videos.html

Raymond.

Donutt
22-08-2010, 10:17 PM
UPDATE:

Results from Round 5 and Latest Championship Standings added to 1st post.

paulm
22-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Donutt check your messages:thumbsup:

Donutt
22-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks Paul - as you see, utterly knacked, but still have to get the "work" for the Regional series done before I get to sort out my own life! LOL!

I'm going to crawl away now, and sleep till Tuesday, no doubt...

msxmre
22-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Can i just say that i had a fantastic day today, thoroughly enjoyed myself. The track was something else even if the jump was a little scary for those of us who are new to off road racing. Had 3 great A Finals with Derek and Jim and managed to win overall. Thanks for a wicked day's racing guys and hope to see you all at stonehaven. The Tamiya's flying at the minute, great 2wd buggy.
Scotty
ps thanks to John and Ross for an excellent track, you deserve a big pat on the back.

Donutt
22-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Scott - well done again today, and if you get a maximum score at Stonehaven next week, you can tie for 1st place in the 2WD championship. Good luck.

Just to keep you all amused, here are my Lap Analysis spreadsheets from the A finals today. Something to muse over and see if its of interest to anyone.

I've added it onto the results page - see 1st post.

DanB4
23-08-2010, 06:49 AM
Sounds like it all went well yesterday!

Sorry I didn't come along and chose Halifax instead - in hindsight I should have stuck to off road as had a terrible weekend with my TC, blew 2 speedo's and had all sorts of problems!

Never mind onwards and upwards!

See you all soon but probably as a spectator as I've used up all my passes.

Cheers,

Dan

msxmre
23-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Looking forward to the weekend, should be fun.
Scotty....

Donutt
29-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Thanks again to everyone who turned up throughout the season to race. Personally, I think it's been great and it's achieved all we set out to do this first year.

I've had fun organising it, and a tremendous amount of satisfaction and enjoyment. I've also had the best season's racing this year - not in terms of results maybe, but still a personal best and thoroughly enjoyed racing with old friends and lots of familiar and new faces.

Let's hope 2011 is as successful, but I expect that we may be able to achieve more. I expect though that we'll see a resurgence in all forms of RC racing, not just off-road, and that will be good for Scottish RC racing.

I'll update the results tomorrow morning, but will take the opportunity now to congratulate our new champions.

Scottish Champion - 4WD
John Allan

Scottish Champion - 2WD
Ross Irwin

Now we move on to the Veterans/Juniors/F2 finals in EOS Coventry and the F345 EOS Finals in Silverstone. Good luck to all the Scottish guys attending these. We're all routing for you.

Next year, the championship will be organised by a committee - one man can't do everything and it takes a bit of time and effort to keep all the plates spinning. I'll still take my turn to do what I can, when I can. Thank you everyone for your kind words today and I'm glad you appreciate the season as it's evolved.

We've built up a good body of committed drivers (maybe they should be!) but they understand off-road racing and have the experience and desire needed to ensure that the Scottish Off-Road scene is exactly what we all want it to be. The future is in good hands.

I'll arrange a AGM for sometime towards the end of October, which seems the right time to get 2011 off to a flying start (Ooh! a pun - did you see what I did there?). More news on this forum once it's been decided when and where, with plenty of notice for everyone.

Thanks again everyone and here's to 2011!
Regards

msxmre
30-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Dom you deserve a lot of praise for what was achieved this season and can i just say that i'm glad i went the off road route and i'm already looking forward to next season. Anything you need help with just ask.

Donutt
30-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks Scott. Sorry you didn't run till the end of the day - you were missed and in the end it was still a good days racing, albeit damn filthy!

At least all the bearings & diffs were removed last night and cleaned and oiled, and tonight it'll be the turn of the remainder.

I'll be doing a major overhaul before heading to Silverstone. I will NOT be retiring for ANY race unless it's through my usual cavalier driving style. It will not be through lack of maintenance!!!

Will keep you informed re AGM. I'll send a PM in a couple of mins.

jim c
30-08-2010, 04:24 PM
just remmber Dom let the track come to the car like it did for me :thumbsup::thumbsup: come the schumacher :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Donutt
30-08-2010, 10:11 PM
:blush: You know Jim, it's much easier for others to do that - it's my "Achilles heal" - I'm terrible for tinkering with the car! I was told that 20 years ago, and I've still not learned...

I must do better...

Anyway, the Final Standings have now been posted and I'll get the actual results for Round 6 posted sometime tomorrow. Been a busy day (and I forgot - got stuck into the cars tonight) so I've just managed to get the points done before bed. :yawn: - night folks..

dasbo
31-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes, well done Dom for getting a Scottish offroad series off the ground again.

My attendance has been very poor this year, mainly due to my electrical problems and offshore visits, but now that I have got to the bottom of it (finally), I will try and attend all the rounds next year, or at least enough to qualify.

Dare I say it that I may even give up TC's altogether to concentrate on offroad.

Donutt
31-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Darren

Looking through the times from Sunday, your car was rapid - single fastest lap was up there with Ross and John, etc. I'd say just practice now, and get consistent. You'll have a real shout next year.

I've now posted all the laptimes etc from the meeting Sunday and if I can find some webspace, I'll generate and post my Laptime Analysis for the entire series.

Link will be added to this front page (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/index.htm)

DanB4
31-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Yes, well done Dom for getting a Scottish offroad series off the ground again.

My attendance has been very poor this year, mainly due to my electrical problems and offshore visits, but now that I have got to the bottom of it (finally), I will try and attend all the rounds next year, or at least enough to qualify.

Dare I say it that I may even give up TC's altogether to concentrate on offroad.

I really enjoy Off Road, it's how I started as a kid. Well done from me too Dom, hopefully it will grow and grow.

Dasbo, what happened to your car in the last race when it died?

Dan

DanB4
31-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Jesus! John was QUICK with my buggy in Leg 3 of the A final!!

A 15.65 second lap, fastest of the day if I'm not mistaken.....I just need to get that quick with it!! Ross was flying too and got a 15.66 lap :)

I've wiped the bodyshell with a baby wipe and that's all the cleaning/maintenance it'll get until the next round of the club championship which I can hopefully make.

Dan ;)

Donutt
31-08-2010, 01:49 PM
You're a disgrace! That lovely car deserves better treatment.
It'll serve you right if you get a seized bearing (or 24!).
LOL!

No, good driving and hope we've got one more race meeting before you head off.

Loved the "mounting of Jim" in the last race - epic!

DanB4
31-08-2010, 02:28 PM
You're a disgrace! That lovely car deserves better treatment.
It'll serve you right if you get a seized bearing (or 24!).
LOL!

No, good driving and hope we've got one more race meeting before you head off.

Loved the "mounting of Jim" in the last race - epic!

Yes I felt violated and just saw my car zooming across the track on top of his with him shouting "get off"!....I chuckled!

DanB4
31-08-2010, 02:30 PM
I tell a lie, I also wiped the mud off the outside of the wheels.

That £80 Losi 6.5 Motor/ESC combo has done me proud! George asked if it had a 4.5 in it at one point :)

Yep that ZX5FS is one of my better eBay purchases!

Dan :cool:

raymondkerr
31-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Some pictures up now, of Round 6 at Stonehaven.

http://ekmodelcarclub.co.uk/Scottish_Offroad_Series/Scottish_Offroad_Series.html

Donutt
31-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Great pics Ross (and whoever else took the ones when you were obviously in front of the camera!). :thumbsup:

If you promise to do the same again for next year, I'm sure you'd be excused marshalling duties! :lol:

Dave77
31-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Some great photos there.

I had a great time on Sunday. Nice to see old faces and meet new.

For my first time driving an rc car for 10 years, and 16 since driving an offroad car in a race I had some targets that I gradually changed throughout the day.

1st one was to not break it and finish all the races. (which I managed apart from popping a balljoint in practice)

This then moved on to not being marshalled in any of the heats (which I managed)

Then after Rnd 2 sitting 9th, My aim was to make the A. (Just scraped in after rd 3)

Then my target was not to finish last, which I managed (just)

Understandably off the pace despite consistent lap times. A bit much to expect it to be on the pace and I knew where I was too slow and although it felt quick enough I was being passed easily on the straight. Also as the track got faster I didnt.................

Much to improve for next time and for the full season next yr.

BTW for an oldie like me I love the personal transponders and the lipos and brushless remove so much of the guesswork.....Great stuff.

Cheers.
David

dasbo
31-08-2010, 07:33 PM
I really enjoy Off Road, it's how I started as a kid. Well done from me too Dom, hopefully it will grow and grow.

Dasbo, what happened to your car in the last race when it died?

Dan

Speedo went I think. Deffo not the same problem I've been getting as I still had steering and all lights were on. Its the only time I'll probably be happy about blowing a speedo.:bored:

dasbo
02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Darren

Looking through the times from Sunday, your car was rapid - single fastest lap was up there with Ross and John, etc. I'd say just practice now, and get consistent. You'll have a real shout next year.

I've now posted all the laptimes etc from the meeting Sunday and if I can find some webspace, I'll generate and post my Laptime Analysis for the entire series.

Link will be added to this front page (http://home.btconnect.com/nesystems/SORC/index.htm)

Consitency is not my middle name. However, Crash-bang-wallop is.