PDA

View Full Version : Introducing: The Struggy!

MrNanoTrax
11-07-2007, 02:05 AM
ok so... i made the word up.... but, it makes sense. :cool: its my stadium truck that's been modded (i guess thats what you call it), to look like a buggy. eventually, i'm hoping it will perform like one and ultimately translate into some wins in this class.... anywhere, here she is.... its now a bump start, it has a CF chassis, steel spur gear, upgrade a-arms, upgraded shock springs (stiffer for rough, 1/8th scale tracks) and now.... a sweeet RB v12 engine & tuned pipe.

*edit*... oh, i forgot the Spektrum DX3 radio and servos! ;)

http://www.nulineumracing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/jatoconversions-3.jpg

annie_himself
11-07-2007, 03:40 AM
Nice ride there but wouldn't softer springs be better to soak up the bumps and ruts?

Mr X
11-07-2007, 04:27 AM
looks very nice. i noticed that you used a jato as a base. your chassis looks different, is it custom made or did you buy it somewhere?

k£v!n
11-07-2007, 09:36 AM
very nice!

Are the A arms alloy for gpm plastic?

MrNanoTrax
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Nice ride there but wouldn't softer springs be better to soak up the bumps and ruts?

jumps on 1/8th scale tracks are huge and stiff springs are required to prevent bottoming out.... believe me i tried the soft springs and took some serious damage... i've got the repair bills to prove it :(

the chassis is CF and it was purchased on eBay from HoleShot Engineering. its a HUGE weight savings over the stock chassis. the A-Arms are from RPM... about the same or maybe slightly heavier than stock but they came highly recommended for thier toughness and trick look

b4rs
13-07-2007, 09:50 PM
looks a beast mate, nice work