PDA

View Full Version : BRCA Rules - Does the Durango fit the box?

shanks
27-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Just wondering who knows whether the Durango Dex410 fits inside a BRCA box?

Or do i need to get the Dremel out?

Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

njc11
27-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi mate.. you will have to dremel 2mm i reckon of the end of your front drive shaft.. and get yourself some of the core RC wheel nuts!

It will fit in the box then no probs :thumbsup:

Bungleaio
27-04-2010, 09:25 AM
I've got the low profile nuts on the front wheels and I had to dremel them down in order to get the car to fit in the box, it's still fairly tight but it was passed at the Kidderminster regional.

shanks
27-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Nick and Bungleaio

Thanks chaps - ill get online now and get them ordered :thumbsup:

shanks
27-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Oh - just realised i already run the core serrated wheel nuts, axle is proud of them by say 3mm - so a littel dremmel work and i should be fine :thumbsup:

DaSloth
27-04-2010, 09:55 AM
To fit the proper BRCA box (the one used at talywain) i had to grind the axles right down till they we're flush with the wheel nuts.

Hope that helps.

shanks
27-04-2010, 09:57 AM
To fit the proper BRCA box (the one used at talywain) i had to grind the axles right down till they we're flush with the wheel nuts.

Hope that helps.

Yep pal thanks - thats what i will do tonight - reay for Bury regional this Sunday :thumbsup:

sime46
27-04-2010, 10:19 AM
At our regional(mideast) on sunday, I'd already done my axles and it dropped in with room to spare. My mates 'rango with unaltered shafts fitted in no worries too. Go figure?

SHY
27-04-2010, 10:35 AM
We had our first national this weekend, and they didn't fit into the box...

Northy
27-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Shanks, if you have any problems come and see me on Sunday at Bury.

G

shanks
27-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Shanks, if you have any problems come and see me on Sunday at Bury.

G

Northy

Cheers pal will do if need be then :thumbsup:

From what people are saying it seems maybe the boxes are different sizes?

JohnM
27-04-2010, 01:57 PM
From what people are saying it seems maybe the boxes are different sizes?

oh, don't say that, I did it once, got shot down in seconds:lol:

shanks
27-04-2010, 02:07 PM
oh, don't say that, I did it once, got shot down in seconds:lol:

Lol - only going of posts above - sometimes they fit - sometimes they dont - so either the cars are different or the boxes are :thumbsup:

Bungleaio
27-04-2010, 02:24 PM
The one I fitted mine in is apparently the one they use for the nationals, it was made from aluminium and my car made some horrible noises from the front axels rubbing on it when it was moved about.

For info my car apparently has the later shorter axels but I still had to dremel a fair bit of material off of them.

telboy
27-04-2010, 06:56 PM
The box at our region (ME) was WAY bigger than the one at nats. -as Si says.

I too dremelled mine for the nats and mine fitted in the 'wooden' box easily. But if your doing nats, it will rub, but they seem to let it go.

The Hoff
27-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Will the 410R come with driveshafts that are BRCA legal ?, i don't want to spend £250 on the kit then get a dremel on it to make it legal which it should be in the 1st place :)

paulc
27-04-2010, 08:47 PM
everything should be sorted with the r version i'd hope :)

paul

telboy
27-04-2010, 10:22 PM
I would think that the R will come with the new axles...which are what I use.

The thing is, in other parts of the world they are LEGAL for other series, and I think that it is mainly aimed at those regs, not ours.
It only takes 2min to do, and its more a case of car performance rather than worrying about taking 2mm off each front axle.
I'd rather have a realy good car and take 2mm off the axles, than have a naff car that fitted in the box.

:D

sime46
27-04-2010, 11:13 PM
+1 :thumbsup:

shanks
28-04-2010, 08:25 AM
+1 from me

must admit I didn't rate my dex at first - but I have since realised it was just me (poor driving!!)

now I have learned to control the throttle a bit better I have realised the car is spot on! And I am well happy with it - don't even break anymore and I haven't had to do hardly any maintenance (which suits her indoors)
:thumbsup:

I would think that the R will come with the new axles...which are what I use.

The thing is, in other parts of the world they are LEGAL for other series, and I think that it is mainly aimed at those regs, not ours.
It only takes 2min to do, and its more a case of car performance rather than worrying about taking 2mm off each front axle.
I'd rather have a realy good car and take 2mm off the axles, than have a naff car that fitted in the box.

:D

HarlowS
28-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Just think of it as lightening the car :thumbsup:

Will the 410R come with driveshafts that are BRCA legal ?, i don't want to spend £250 on the kit then get a dremel on it to make it legal which it should be in the 1st place :)