PDA

View Full Version : xx4 Slipper plates/pads

MattW
12-07-2007, 06:42 PM
I've always heard talk of modifying a slipper plate to enable you to use the same pad front and rear (i'e both sides of the spur gear).

However, looking at all the bits, i can't see any good reason why you can't use the orange pad on both sides anyway.................... with std bits.

So what is the reason, or am i missing something very obvious!!!!!

Slimboyfat
12-07-2007, 07:41 PM
no modifying needed Matt, done it for years.

Only thing i can think of is maybe the original XX4 had a different slipper assembly? But i have never had an original so couldn't comment really, only know that world edition does not need any modding to do it!

Matt OJ

Doomanic
12-07-2007, 08:10 PM
The front plate is anodised aluminium, the rear plate is steel.
Even with the same pads they will slip at different rates.

The whole point of running the same pads either side of the spur is to eliminate the fr/rr power split.

MattW
12-07-2007, 08:36 PM
The plate material was the only thing that i could see that was different. Didn't know if that would cause a difference or not.

However, been out in me garage this evening, and sorted it.:)

bigred5765
12-07-2007, 08:56 PM
mr worsley use to make a conversion were one plate was replaced buy a his one so you can use the dark slipper pad front to back, but as stated it only makes the car a 50/50 power split

Slimboyfat
13-07-2007, 08:50 AM
It is the only difference Matt....however interesting that what Carl says about the Black pads.....was that for the original XX4 Carl or the World Ed?

From the advise I got on this it was using the orange pads front and back made the drive more consistant front to rear which was a problem with the mixed pads.

would be good for someone like Ellis to comment on this as I beleive he was one of the first if not the first to do this.

bigred5765
13-07-2007, 09:05 AM
it may be the orangy yellow ones then
i had a original worlds version i bought second hand, it had dark pads both side's and a worsley modified slipper clutch i was told,