PDA

View Full Version : All day meeting - 30th May 2010 - 1st Round of Summer Series

mikeyscott
03-05-2010, 08:01 PM
After our first aborted attempt at running an all day meeting on the 2nd of May Titchfield Off Road Club Hants - TORCH will be holding their first all day meeting at their current track location. We are catering for 2WD, 4WD and if numbers permit a SC / Truck class

The track will be open from about 08:15 with booking in to be completed by 09:15. Racing will commence shortly afterwards and we aim to be wrapped up around 16:00 (Pending numbers)..

We have an AMB based timing system and have a small number of handout transponders with most racers using their PTs.
Our top racer Steve Brown is also looking for someone to challenge him and his track record.

There will be a selection of prizes for the winner of each final.

This will be the first round of the summer series - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45535

Come and join us and have a great day racing.

We'll have limited Gazebo pit space by the track, but there is more parking just away from the track on hardcore.

We have an onsite Porta Loo which is clean and tidy (sharing with the flying club.)

I'll be racing my Cougar SV so look forward to see you there. I may even take the SX for a run too!

Costs will be as normal, with the exception where people want to do two classes it'll be 50% of the booking in fee again.

£5 for members and £7 for non members

Any questions please PM SteveB or myself as we are the active comittee members for the club on Oople.

I'm sure other TORCH members will contribute to this thread as normal!

Make sure you bring your BRCA cards please.

if you haven't attended TORCH before can you please send me your details etc.

For those that haven't attended TORCH before, please visit our website www.torchracing.org.uk

simoncrabb
03-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm looking forward to it!

There's no other 'big' meetings on that day - in my calendar at least!

mikeyscott
03-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm looking forward to it!

There's no other 'big' meetings on that day - in my calendar at least!

Cool, one or two classes? I thought it was the EPR regional (tempted myself if it's the week before!) It'll be the 2nd Bank Holiday for May.

I'm voting for RBR this time over FTD I think, even though I put my SV 3rd!

Oh and anyone doing a rain dance will be barred!

TORCH Clothing is also for sale here - http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42817

dibble34
04-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Count me in, defo 2wd and maybe 4wd :). Exciting times here at TORCH :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Think some of the EPR boys may be inbound for this :)

Randall34
05-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Typical, the best meeting of the year so far and I can't make it.:(

Yes I am still bitter.:mad:

Any alldayers on the cards for June Mike?:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
05-05-2010, 08:16 AM

Any alldayers on the cards for June Mike?:thumbsup:

Sorry buddy, would have been great to be racing against you too :(

Yes there is a plan for this, but will be confirmed tonight - re Summer Series.

Steve and I could storm your house and kidnap you - a small fee can be arranged ;)

mikeyscott
16-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Pending how my SX goes with big bores etc. I am running the SV. Enough numbers both may get a run

mikeyscott
17-05-2010, 07:49 PM
SteveB's, will it stand...

My view is yes.. but it'll be fun watching talent at the track!

If you haven't raced with us before please send me your details so I can get them on the laptop. If you're on the national scene also include your F rating etc. so I can do my best at sorting the heats.

SteveB
17-05-2010, 07:59 PM
SteveB's, will it stand...

Lots of variables at hand but will be superb to see some of the best drivers around to race at our club, offer advice and suggestions to assist in the development of the club.

My aim to raise awareness of the opportunity the club which can offer long term to the south east race circuits. We are far away from being ready for a major meeting but have great potential.

Illl buy Ellis dinner whether he gets the track record or not, so long as we promote the club and help its future. Also the opportunity to pick he brains for tips.

I settle for DC he's offers the best commentary even than Murray Walker, "Good Job" , plus less chance of the TR being taken :thumbsup:

SteveB
17-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Offer a weekend away without the Kids, see where that gets u.:D

mw02veg
17-05-2010, 08:52 PM
wrong thread

mikeyscott
25-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Away from the Schumacher mayhem hope are regular bunch are in full attendance for this.

There plan to be some prizes etc for the finals (TBC)

David Church
26-05-2010, 05:47 AM
Schumacher mayhem????? mwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:thumbsup:
Wait till Sunday when we are all bombing round your track!!!

Crazy L
26-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Ok guys,

If I can blag a car I'll be along for this, I can't fit all my gear on the back of the bike and I've only been waiting over a decade for a Torch all-dayer:D.

mikeyscott
26-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Ok guys,

If I can blag a car I'll be along for this, I can't fit all my gear on the back of the bike and I've only been waiting over a decade for a Torch all-dayer:D.

Tony, Grant, Cammers? Etc.

Where you coming from?

Crazy L
26-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Bedhampton, aka Havant.

I have gazebo too.

Grant is probably my only hope, And I don't think he is coming, although, if he wants tell me otherwise.:thumbsup:

Failing that, I'm on the trail of trying to borrow a car as we "speak".

mikeyscott
26-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Bedhampton, aka Havant.

I have gazebo too.

Grant is probably my only hope, And I don't think he is coming, although, if he wants tell me otherwise.:thumbsup:

Failing that, I'm on the trail of trying to borrow a car as we "speak".

PM him ;)

We only have limited Gazebo space as you know, so we'll see how we do.

People may have to park away from the track etc. Either way Steve and I will be there early organising!

I just ask people to be flexible - aka go where you're told ;)

mikeyscott
29-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Looking forward to tomorrow, Steve and I will be trackside at around 07:30 finalising things for people.

This is also the first round of the summer series.

Has been plenty of random banter with the Scumacher boys here...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46875

Crazy L
31-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Well, I had fun.:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
31-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Well, I had fun.:thumbsup:

Good, that was the plan :)

Round two is end of June ;)

mikeyscott
07-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Official BBK results now on the TORCH website