PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor dates

AndyG
28-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Any news on an outdoor calendar for Batley yet?

I'm itching to go after another winter of hibernation.

Oscar
28-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Any news on an outdoor calendar for Batley yet?

I'm itching to go after another winter of hibernation.

Last time I went down, track was in need of TLC. Nothing too major, just mild vandalism to fences & rostrum, plus a good strim & mow.
I guess it will be a bog at the moment, so as soon as the weather becomes favourable, we need to organise a work party.
Also because of the hectic calendar this year, I probably won't get to a club day till maybe September so I thought about a mini series one night midweek (maybe Wednesday). If there is enough interest i may be persuaded to take some days off work (I work till 9 or 10 pm) and sort it out. Because I would like to race myself, once everyone was booked in , it would have to go on automatic.

Mrs oOple
28-03-2006, 06:33 PM
How about a mid-april weekend?
As far as I am aware there are no major racing events on the 15th/16th, I think it is easter weekend? But maybe a Saturday afternoon meeting, hoping that the weather is a bit nicer by then.
Went down to Batley tonight in the hope of taking some action shots of the X5, but the track was too wet really and the sky too grey.
I'd be interested in some midweek madness, I could probably get there for 6pm, what time were we running it before?
I could try and help with running the meeting a little bit, but I too would want to race as I really need the practice!
Looking forward to racing outdoors anyway, preferably without my hands freezing off :)

Cockerill
31-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Any more news on the outdoor dates. Looking at the calendar today it only looks like there are 3 possible dates to get practice in before the national (excluding Easter Sunday). i am willing to come down and help repair the track, just let me know when.

Oscar
18-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Latest dates are as below:

This Sunday 23rd April
Sunday 14th May
Sunday 4th June

Track set up will start at 11 am please attend as the more who help the more track time you will be able to get
and the meeting will start around 12.30.

Also If there is sufficient interest, I have provisional dates of 28 June, 26 July and 23 August all being Wednesday evenings.

AndyG
02-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Wednesday nights are great for me John. I'd be there for those I reckon!

....looking forward to Sun 14th too!

Andy 2
27-05-2007, 03:21 PM
:) :) :) :)

Andy 2
28-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Latest dates are as below:

This Sunday23rd April
Sunday 14th May
Sunday 4th June

Track set up will start at 11 am please attend as the more who help the more track time you will be able to get
and the meeting will start around 12.30.

Also If there is sufficient interest, I have provisional dates of 28 June, 26 July and 23 August all being Wednesday evenings.

You put that the next date for racing is on sunday the 4th but the 4th is on a monday? :eh?:

Is the next race on this upcoming sunday?

Please let me know as soon as possible,
thanks

Oscar
29-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Those are 2006 dates :o (see the date of each post at the top).

I have asked Dianne for some more dates which will be added to the club website (http://www.batleybuggyclub.co.uk) as soon as I have them.:)

Andy 2
29-05-2007, 10:11 AM
sorry, thanks:)

emzy
29-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Is the next race on this upcoming sunday?

There's a regional at Durham (Nissan) this coming Sunday if you fancied that... 4wd, should be a good laugh. :)

xx4-nutter
29-05-2007, 01:46 PM
There's a regional at Durham (Nissan) this coming Sunday if you fancied that... 4wd, should be a good laugh. :)

haha hopfully this time it wont rain :( ...

Garry D.

Medders
07-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Those are 2006 dates :o (see the date of each post at the top).

I have asked Dianne for some more dates which will be added to the club website (http://www.batleybuggyclub.co.uk) as soon as I have them.:)

Anymore outdoor or even indoor touring dates yet mate? I'm getting withdrawl symptoms :p

Markoxx4
08-06-2007, 11:55 AM
With you on that Pete,
Any racing this wkend? i know its a national at Bury but surley not everyone is going?