PDA

View Full Version : 1/10th buggy rear wing

LEGEND
19-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi all, today i decided to finally vaccum form my rear wing mould to see what it would actually look like on my buggies. Well anyway when i got home and cut it out did i actually realise how big it is compared to others. It is just plain huge, here are the dimensions: 2 inches high by 3.5 inches long by 6.5 inches long. I will be putting a photo of it later on compared to a 6 inch jconcepts wing.:)

LEGEND
19-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Here are a couple of photo's of the wing. Sorry for the bad quality as i had to use my bro's phone.:rolleyes:

By the way the clear one is the custom made wing and the yellow one is a 6 inch jconcepts one.

PaulRotheram
19-07-2007, 09:51 PM
you could of cut the front bit off to meet the same width as the original, then trimmed the height down.

make them abit smaller and make some more to experiment with different downforces. It's worth the testing, trust me :)

xx4-nutter
19-07-2007, 09:54 PM
cant be far of the size of the x-5 wing can it ? or the koyosho high downforce wing.. i use the kyosho one on my x-6 and its huge, dont look to bad either :D

LEGEND
19-07-2007, 10:05 PM
you could of cut the front bit off to meet the same width as the original, then trimmed the height down.

make them abit smaller and make some more to experiment with different downforces. It's worth the testing, trust me :)

Thanks for the advice, i will have to have a bit of an experiment to see which is truly the best. But the best part is, i can make as many as i want at school as long as i pay 5 pounds at the beginning of each year, to pay for all of the material. So maybe i could be in for starting up my own little buisness for selling stuff like that.:rolleyes: First wings, then bodyshells, and then i shall conquere the world.:D

Chequered Flag Racing
22-07-2007, 08:48 AM
here's some more pix of the wing

Cooper
22-07-2007, 09:02 AM
nice for low grip tracks !

LEGEND
22-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I was having a go wiht it last night at the TRCC and on the slippy it was just unbeleivable how much grip i was getting, the back end wasn't kicking out, unless i forced it to, but it just had loads of downforce.:)

mole2k
22-07-2007, 02:27 PM
One of these could be what I need to get the rear end of my XXX-4 planted indoors :p.

xx4-nutter
22-07-2007, 02:44 PM
I was having a go wiht it last night at the TRCC and on the slippy it was just unbeleivable how much grip i was getting, the back end wasn't kicking out, unless i forced it to, but it just had loads of downforce.:)

hehe was u running it in the final ?

LEGEND
22-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Surprisingly i wasn't that was just me and my awsome talent.:D Was a bit disappointed how the bottom of the shocker fell off towards the end as i was nearly a whole lap ahead from the person in second place. But i can't complain, i still finished 4th which i think is fairly good as i didn't even finish the race.:)

xx4-nutter
22-07-2007, 09:26 PM
lol my avarage lap was 23.8** or othere.. urs was 28.7** lol :rolleyes:

LEGEND
22-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Ahh but if you had checked the qualifing, my average lap was at 22 seconds and my best laps were in the 20 seconds. Just a question, who was it who got TQ by at least 5 seconds.:confused: That's right it was me. I only got 28 seconds average lap because it put one of my laps down for 1 min 35 seconds. I wouldn't acutually call that a lap as i was just brinning it around to tape it off of the track to be repared.:rolleyes:

josh_smaxx
23-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Hmm, who was it who did about 6 laps in the final and did round 3 and he final without a rear wing :eh?:

I finally signed up!

LEGEND
23-07-2007, 10:52 AM
By the way Josh you left your wing down at the club on saturaday, you know that old, small and bent wing that was no use to anybody.:rolleyes: Also after you left i stayed another good five hours after that and once i had finished and was about to finally come home at 4:00am in the morning and had a few very large cracks in the wing. This is my first step into changing the design to make it a bit stronger. I am currently super glueing it up now and i am possible going to paint it a nice bright yellow.:D

josh_smaxx
23-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Meh, i have 2 spares ;) see i would never be allowed to stay that long, id be living there before my parents would say no :( (but i would live there :))

I think i will need a 'slightly' bigger wing on my car now, i built a B4 factory team in a day which im quite proud of, even if its my second B4, so i now just need legend to set it up for me :D coz my set ups never work.

So how much are you going to be selling these wings for then? coz i need one!

LEGEND
23-07-2007, 11:04 AM
You will have to wait until i get some more in stock,:D and i have refined the design a little more to make it a bit stronger. But the Realease date will be somewhere around October / November hopefully if all goes to plan.:rolleyes:

xx4-nutter
23-07-2007, 12:29 PM
lol whos there every saturday ? lol................

josh_smaxx
23-07-2007, 05:11 PM
I cant survive on that track with a standard wing until then :o

I might have to start making my own as well, bit of friendly competition, not that there is non already :rolleyes:

P.S. new shell on Wednesday :) just got given about 30 cans of paint from Guisborough so its fairly interesting (i didnt use all the cans though :eh?: )

gazbaz2
24-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I cant survive on that track with a standard wing until then :o

I might have to start making my own as well, bit of friendly competition, not that there is non already :rolleyes:

P.S. new shell on Wednesday :) just got given about 30 cans of paint from Guisborough so its fairly interesting (i didnt use all the cans though :eh?: )

Josh you dont need a High downforce wing on our track, its 1 of the most grippiest tracks around

josh_smaxx
24-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Ye i know, it was a substitute for my poor setup/driving style :D

scotoap
03-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the advice, i will have to have a bit of an experiment to see which is truly the best. But the best part is, i can make as many as i want at school as long as i pay 5 pounds at the beginning of each year, to pay for all of the material. So maybe i could be in for starting up my own little buisness for selling stuff like that.:rolleyes: First wings, then bodyshells, and then i shall conquere the world.:D
Let me know when your selling them, cos I want at least two for my 501X, the originals split too easily.

Lowie
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
You made this yourselve? Are there any tips around, on how to do this kind of thing? vacuumtechnique?

LEGEND
09-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah you just use a vaccume former. My school has one but the plastic they have is rubbish and snaps and cracks on the first flip onto it's roof. So i may have to get some better stuff if i can be bothered to order some.

josh_smaxx
09-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Your still around Legend? i thought you had dissapeared :eh?:

Ye, i made some at my school with a vacuum former, easy to do but styrene is definately not the thing they are to be made out of.