PDA

View Full Version : Speedo blown up...

j pearce
13-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Synopsis: 1. stick LRP sphere into D4 2. plug it in 3. make sure the switch is OFF 4. unplug the speedo wire from the receiver (in order to move the receiver) 5. Boom, negative speedo - receiver wire burns in a huge ball of smoke…
I don’t understand how it could do anything if it was switched off which it was! Anyway, I haven’t touched it since so I was wondering if it was salvageable as it appears to only be the wire that has melted and no smoke came from the unit itself…
If not then never mind but I was wondering if I should try it with the motor and see what happens, or will that damage everything else?
cheers

teamxray
13-05-2010, 06:19 PM
to be honest m8 i would not try to plug it in again send it back to spire models to get fixed if it can

MRD
13-05-2010, 06:28 PM
So the wire melted as you unpluged it? The Capacitor will hold a small amount of charge for a short time after the speedo is switched off but not enough to blow the wire.

j pearce
13-05-2010, 06:40 PM
So the wire melted as you unpluged it? The Capacitor will hold a small amount of charge for a short time after the speedo is switched off but not enough to blow the wire.
Yeah, thats exactly what i thought! I mean, the wire burnt for only a couple of seconds but i didn't think that the cap would be strong enough.

I don't think that its a valid claim for sending back is it? as its not a factory error? Just the blue card i need innit.

teamxray
13-05-2010, 06:49 PM
if it is fairly new i would send it back to be honest it should not have done that and yes it is the blue warrenty card you need or even a receipt where you brought it from

j pearce
13-05-2010, 06:57 PM
if it is fairly new i would send it back to be honest it should not have done that and yes it is the blue warrenty card you need or even a receipt where you brought it from
well, its not that new to be honest, about a season and a half old...

carlin
13-05-2010, 07:16 PM
I would still send it back the LRP's have life time warranty dont they still?

My mate had Nosram that did something like this, he sent it back got replaced straight away for the newer model too

paulc
13-05-2010, 07:37 PM
LRP offer limited lifetime warranty ? Also you do need the recipt were you got it from aswell as blue card

Paul

j pearce
13-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I would still send it back the LRP's have life time warranty dont they still?

My mate had Nosram that did something like this, he sent it back got replaced straight away for the newer model too
yeah, it comes with a 25 year warrenty but ive read posts about issues as some people say that you Need a recipit which i don't have as it was from the states.

paulc
13-05-2010, 07:40 PM
They won't touch it then has to have been bought within the uk for them to repair/replace it

Paul

j pearce
13-05-2010, 07:43 PM
yeah...i thought not, maybe its worth sending it to america or summet, or even just say screw it and buy another

paulc
13-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Pm'd ;)