PDA

View Full Version : Track Maintainence Day

Oscar
23-07-2007, 09:42 AM
Track Maintainence Day- 28/29 July 2007

The club needs all available members to come down and assist with the track repairs. As you probably know the rostrum was destroyed in gales earlier in the year. Jim Dixon has been working overtime and constructed a new section for the conainer top. We need lots of hands to help get this secured on.
Also the track has recently been flooded, so we need a big clean up.
What ever hours you can make it, and whatever jobs you can do, be it painting, cutting grass or even just collecting litter, will all hopefully go towards having a useable track again. The priority is to get everything done before the regional, however once we have that over with we do hope to begin planning in club days again.

YOUR club needs YOU:)

chrislee
25-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm afraid i can't make it John, i'm dead lame.

Regards Chris, who's post most definitely hasn't been edited

Richard Lowe
25-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I'll be there for Sunday, what time is everyone crawling out of bed?

Northy
26-07-2007, 07:29 PM
So who's going then? Saturday looks to be the better day weatherwise.

G

Oscar
26-07-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm hoping to be there, depends if my Mum fancies a spot of babysitting;)

Northy
27-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Which day? I think Jim is prefering Saturday.

And to be totally honest, with it being over an hours drive for me, and me not even being a club mamber I don't want to be doing all the bloody work :mad: :mad:

G

Oscar
27-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Saturday and possibly Sunday

chrislee
27-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Which day? I think Jim is prefering Saturday.

And to be totally honest, with it being over an hours drive for me, and me not even being a club mamber I don't want to be doing all the bloody work :mad: :mad:

G

Hey northy, is that some kind of snake, related to a black mamba by any chance? :)

Northy
27-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Eh? :confused:

I just think it would be nice if some of the club members helped out, thats all :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Northy
27-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Is anyone actually interested in having a track to race at at Batley? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We'll be there around 10.30 am if anyone is arsed!

Richard Lowe
27-07-2007, 08:48 PM
I can make the Sunday, not tomorrow though :(

Northy
27-07-2007, 09:06 PM
We're going tomorrow because most people seem more interested in going to Bury on Sunday. I'm sure there will be plenty left to do Sunday.

G

Richard Lowe
29-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Well we got most of it painted with primer today, the track should be pretty good for the regional once we get some weed killer down on the astro/concrete and give the grass a trim :)

Northy
30-07-2007, 03:20 PM
.....the track should be pretty good for the regional once we get some weed killer down on the astro/concrete and give the grass a trim :)

That's what I thought Rich, but Vermin said the straight was f****d :o Sure he lives in a dream world :D :D

G

jimarea51
30-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi all,

I've got the final section nearly finished, stayed back an hour tonight...

I'm hoping to get down and fit the last section mid week, be it this or next...

Is anyone able to get down and cut the grass again in the near future? It will certainly need it...

Later

Jimarea51

Richard Lowe
30-07-2007, 09:25 PM
The rostrum's looking much better now Jim thanks to your handywork ;)

G - I think the straight will be raceable but a bit bumpy, the only bumps that have actually been a problem recently have been on the transition between the straight and the banking. I'm sure on the weekend of the regional we will be able to put a couple of bags of sand down to fill in the gaps and lay a piece of astro over it as a temporary measure?

I bet giving all the kerbing some paint will make it look loads better too, that wont be too expensive it's just finding time to do it.

mark christopher
31-07-2007, 08:20 AM
how about a wacker plate for the sraight? save allot of time over relaying astro!

super__dan
01-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I consider myself to have been a bit lame of late, I can’t make the rest of this week either and there is the national this Sunday. I am however available next week in the run up to the regional. If the grass needs cutting or anything else that can be done by myself I’m more than keen for that 1 or 2 evenings next week. Perhaps I could get the keys off someone this weekend?

What exactly is our rostrum status? Jim let me know if and what I can do!

super__dan
01-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh and I'm not planning on staying over for the weekend, are we putting down the track on the friday night or doing any work then? If so I'll come down.

Richard Lowe
01-08-2007, 10:53 AM
The railing is up around the top of the container bar the one section Jim has mentioned, but we still need to lift the steps up to the side of the rostrum and replace the plywood floor.

Northy
01-08-2007, 11:13 AM
.....and 'poke fun at' the knobhead in the end house! :mad: :mad: :mad:

jimmy
01-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Whats this I heard about the end house? What did they say / do? and in fact why did they buy a house next to a race track if they don't like it?

Northy
01-08-2007, 11:18 AM
because the 'b-o-n-k head' believed the builders when they said it would be moving, and now he owns a house next to where a load of chavs hang out, and that floods, he's a little pissed! :D :D :D

G

jimmy
01-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Sounds like he got fed some crap and has a problem chewing it.

Northy
01-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeh baby, like that '3 course meal' vid everyone has on thier phones ;)

G

Oscar
02-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I have been shopping this morning and got some more paint to finish off the railing with. I also have some weedkiller for the brick circle/corner.
Not sure when I'll have time to get down there, but if anyone wants to help out in the next few days I could arrange to pass the items on.

super__dan
02-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Spoke to Jim this morning, the last piece of rostrum will be ready for the middle of next week. So what about trying to get a good amount of people there for the Wednesday night (subject to weather forecast) and getting everything remaining done on the one night. Then a trim of the grass on friday night before track laying and final setup sat morning?

I believe the steps still need attaching so we'll need some good strength and number for those bad boys!

Northy
02-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Too far for me, Ben-g's ya man ;)

Col
02-08-2007, 07:02 PM
His interest appears short lived...

super__dan
07-08-2007, 07:26 AM
So Jim will be at Batley from around 2 ish, me from 4. All hands much appreciated. Work will be a mixture of continued battle against the grass but the most difficult bit will be getting the steps up which will need as many hands as possible. Then there is the rest of the rostrum inc attaching the wood surface (assuming Kirky ordered it).

Northy
07-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Wednesday night? :confused:

super__dan
07-08-2007, 12:39 PM
yes wednesday, my bad!

Oscar
09-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Track Maintainence Day

The bulk of the work has now been completed, thanks to all those who helped out.!
However the club needs any available members to assist with the final work to the track. Anyone who can attend on the Friday evening prior to the regional, (perhaps those camping could help also?) should meet from 6pm.