PDA

View Full Version : North West Regionals

Stu
30-03-2006, 05:24 PM
For the information of anyone who will be there the NW regional series will be run using the regional rule variation to allow homologated brushless motors. This is for the benefit of the drivers giving continuity accross the two northern regions.

The show kicks off at Southport on April 23rd.

Any NE 2WD region drivers who wish to attend will be accomodated in the meeting as normal, running in a non-region final at the end of the day.

It' s also worth remembering you can score points in both NW 2WD & NE 4WD.

racenorthwest (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/racenorthwest/)
Southport (http://www.srcc.co.uk/)
Bury Metro (http://www.bury-metro-rcc.currantbun.com//)

Chrislong
31-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Im doing NW 2wd, already looking forward to racing on Southport again!

Oscar
31-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Same here, 2wd in NW and 4wd in NE owing to the fact its impossible to do the NE 2wd series without incorporating Saturdays.
Whats the proceedures for the NW regionals? do you pre book or on the day? what time do you have to be there and what are the race fees etc??
Can we pre order good weather? :sunny:

Stu
31-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Both the club websites as above have contact details, if you pre-book with BRCA No, formula & X-tals it will make it easier for them on the day.
If the attendance is what we are expecting then the days racing should be a relaxed one, expect start times to be mid-morning. The clubs will be able confirm a start time when you book in.
Traditionally race fees are £5 but this is, agian, down to the clubs at the moment, they may add a £1 levvy.

I'm with Chris on Southport, I personally think it's the best track in the country. They ran the full series last year but I didn't compete, I did miss it.

PaulRotheram
31-03-2006, 12:25 PM
glad to see some drivers coming to NW! i might have to work for my grade now :eek: :p

oscar, ill find out what time we start and race fees, as i honestly cant remember what the deal was last year. and this year with bury joining ive no idea, so ill find out and keep you updated..

you do enter on the day, i dont think we've had to pre book for a few years now!

ive contacted eric and ill post the details asap. failing that ill post them sunday, or ill let you know on the day as a little bird told me you might be at southport?

looking to be quite a good series :)

Oscar
31-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Cheers guys, one other thing I forgot to ask is about tyres for NW regionals, is it open choice like NE or controlled like nationals (if so is it just rear axle?)
Thanks

PaulRotheram
31-03-2006, 04:45 PM
open choice.. the only time southport have a control tyre is on our dirstspec meetings when we run 19 turns and schumy blues, very very good racing i have to say!

NW is basically the same as NE.. just a different croud of people:p

PaulRotheram
31-03-2006, 04:47 PM
just had an email from eric, booking in at 10, booking fee is £6, you can book in on the day or if you wish; you can send him your details if you wish to.