PDA

View Full Version : Wenlock & Mandeville

poopers
19-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Seriously, what the hell's going on? Who thought these were a good idea?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/london_2012/8690467.stm

emzy
19-05-2010, 11:07 PM
What are they?! Michael Morpurgo did the concept? Was he high at the time?!

emzy
19-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Double posted... and now I don't know how to delete.

Definitely a bit special.

Nick Goodall
20-05-2010, 08:26 AM
About as special as the 2012 Logo so what else did you expect :thumbsup:

Rubbish though, look like something off Monsters Inc?

As for the logo....

http://mehallo.com/B/Simpson1.jpg

daz
20-05-2010, 11:50 AM
It doesnt matter what mascot they come up with, it will always get slated for some reason. Thats us brits, most are all miserable tw*ts like yourselfs.:thumbdown:

stoff
20-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I think they are pretty cool.

bodgit
20-05-2010, 12:42 PM
To be honest I dont know many people who are interested in the "london" olympics. Once again down south gets spoils.

Nick Goodall
20-05-2010, 01:43 PM
It doesnt matter what mascot they come up with, it will always get slated for some reason. Thats us brits, most are all miserable tw*ts like yourselfs.:thumbdown:

Did you design them or something??

Have you heard how much money has been paid for this design??

Slightly harsh you referring to "us" as miserable tw*ts for sharing an opinion!

poopers
20-05-2010, 03:52 PM

It's our money mate, we're entitled to an opinion of how it's being spent. It's also our country, and we're entitled to an opinion of how it's being represented by this Olympics farce.

As for the official logo, as pointed out on other forums, it does look like Lisa Simpson giving a bj. :lol:

Nick Goodall
20-05-2010, 04:17 PM

It's Yourselves by the way....

SlowOne
20-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Er... They say these are to appeal to kids as part of the legacy promise to the IOC. Get kids into something sporting, good for their health, good for creating teamwork, etc. And then...

...the following day they announce that they want to pay adults, through the NHS, to give up smoking and drinking and take some exercise. So why not make the Olympics appeal to the adults and inspire them to take up sports, and cut out the middle man? Go figure...

For me, these mascots mean nothing, and are slightly spooky. However, if they turn up in shops everywhere and are scooped up by people paying royalties to LOCOG, then at least it will help reduce the deficit and my taxes. Somehow I think I'm whistling Dixie there! :)

Jonesy
20-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure by the mascots but the names are fitting for the reasons they have been chosen