PDA

View Full Version : Losi rim on AE axles??

Bumpstop
22-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi, I have a little conversion in mind, I have a set of losi truck rims and wondered if anyone knows if the fronts will fit on either a b4 or t4 front axle?? :confused: - I have bearings that fit the wheels if these are any use? I know the rears are no problem, got them on.:D

AJ Roberts
22-05-2010, 05:31 PM
im sure they will work, just give it ago m8

Bumpstop
24-05-2010, 06:15 PM
think what i mean was the rims look deeper than the b4 axles length, is it worth me getting the T4 axles or trying to buy some losi front pivot blocks/hubs and axles??
and to be honest its to upgrade a macnum, and I run a b4 for competition/club meets and got the bits to fit out the macnum from my spares box, was hoping to share some parts and got quite a few sets of truck rims mounted up to go bashing with.

ben
25-05-2010, 10:35 PM
theres not much point in trying to fit truck wheels on a buggy, the car will handle like a bag of crap :(

Chillout47
26-05-2010, 08:44 AM
be careful with the rear rims, I ran Losi rims on an Associated GT2. The AE axle pins are not as long, and it turned the pin in the hub and ruined it. See if you can use longer Losi pins, and make sure the wheel nut is tightened up properly. I realise this was on a gas truck that probably has more grunt than an electric truck, but if you are using brushless/lipo you may mess things up. The fronts will fit by the way, the bearings are identical. as for clearance i dont know.

Hope this helps, Cheers, Mark.

Bumpstop
28-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Had another look and the losi truck rims seem to have a lot of inboard offset as well as a lip before the bearing on the inside face, meaning the B4 front axles are a) too short to get the nut on and b) the wheel sits right over the wishbones so no lock.
This brings me to plan B - Has any one got some losi truck front end gear??
Any other plans welcomed!