PDA

View Full Version : Facebook HELP - Urgent....

Nick Goodall
24-05-2010, 12:50 PM
We've got a girl at work having problems on FB, a "friend" of hers has De-activated his account so she's not able to delete him, but he keeps randomly re-activating so he can look at what she's up to

(Proper stalker behaviour) - it's not a major problem as such and she's thinking of deleting her account but i just wanted to know if anyone knows a way of deleting a Friend that has de-activated their account??

I've searched for everything i can think of on Google but can't find a way to do it.

Thanks

MatJohnson
24-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Email FB themselves, they should be able to sort something. If all else fails, tell FB you will report it to the police since its stalking.

Nick Goodall
24-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I've told her to E-mail them, but just seems really bad to me that she's not able to delete a friend just because they've decided to De-activate their account? Bloody wrong really as this guy can just re-activate his account whenever he wants and look at what she's been up to.

Big G
24-05-2010, 02:06 PM
suggest she locks down her account and add all her other friends to a new group called "approved" or something which has all the bits like news updates/photos, etc visable. Then anyone not on that list will be locked down to seeing next to nothing.

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
24-05-2010, 08:03 PM
if you go onto your account and under privacy settings you can block certain users from looking at anything to do with your page

Nick Goodall
25-05-2010, 09:00 AM
if you go onto your account and under privacy settings you can block certain users from looking at anything to do with your page

Unfortunately it's not an option as this person doesn't appear as a "friend" while their account is deactivated, only when he re-activates would he appear but he's only doing that at odd times so he can look at what she's up to, then he de-activates it again.

I've told her to Email Facebook so we'll see what they say anyway.

MatJohnson
25-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Remind her to threaten to take it to the fuzz, that will get the moving since it is stalking they should get it sorted fast

Chrislong
25-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Yep, lock it down and move all genuine friends into a separate group which has the de-restrictions. Then any new friends will have to be moved, as and when.