PDA

View Full Version : HoBao GPX4 1/10 200mm nitro touring car.

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 12:17 PM
HoBao GPX4 1/10 200mm nitro touring car.

This car was purchased in June 2006, I ran the RTR engine in to the letter, it was used in the road twice before it was used at a club practice night twice with the standard engine. I then replaced the kit engine for a high power STS D12EX race engine and currently use a starter box to start it. With this engine it has been used in the road once and used at a club practice around 10 times before it was put into winter storage in October 2006 with nearly new tires and an unused, painted body shell. Was started around middle of may 2007 but not ran, started perfectly. This car is worth over £450 new, I am asking £270 RTR posted.

High power STS D12EX .12 race engine.
Centax 3 fully adjustable racing clutch.
Nearly new LRP starter box.
Fully ball raced chassis.
Full aluminium threaded bodied shocks, 30wt all round, blue on rear, yellow on front.
Low profile servo/battery pack layout.
2x Brand new Futaba S3003 servo’s.
Built-in servo saver.
27 MHz AM radio system with AE XP2 transmitter, 27.145 crystals included.
Full set of foam tires fitted, plenty of life left.
Proline Mazda 6 200mm touring car shell, best 200mm TC shell out.
Full adjustable; camber, toe in, droop, ride height, bound, rebound and everything else!
HoBao tuned aluminium pipe.
Full pivot ball suspension.
CVD’s in front.
Rear sway bar (not fitted).
Blade type front sway bar.
Mtroniks fail safe fitted and tested.
2 speed fully adjustable gear box.
Transponder mount.
Full set of treaded rubber tires.
Spare HoBao Hyper .12 engine included, needs pull start.
Glow driver required.http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/1.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/2.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/3.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/4.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/5.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/6.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/7.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/8.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/josh_2k7/9.jpg

Advertised elsewhere, get there fast! Will be posted first class recorded. Sorry! Can only accept cheque. Item will be sent when cheque has cleared. PM me if more details are needed.

LEGEND
26-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Josh you will have to bring it down to the club sometime, to let a few more people see what they would be buyiny up close.

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Dont worry, its coming down from now on, every time hopfully :)

So thats: every Wednesday and Saturday night this car will be out at TRCC for people to look at, if you pay cash there and then i will knock a considerable amount off :p

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Dont worry, its coming down from now on, every time hopfully :)

So thats: every Wednesday and Saturday night this car will be out at TRCC for people to look at, if you pay cash there and then i will knock a considerable amount off :p
price needs to come down too, you can buy a current 2nd hand top racer for less than that!

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 02:04 PM
price needs to come down too, you can buy a current top racer for less than that!

RTR?

I didnt think the prica was that bad, i know id pay it for that car. The car is £280 RTR and is a helluva lot slower than that.

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 02:47 PM
RTR?

I didnt think the prica was that bad, i know id pay it for that car. The car is £280 RTR and is a helluva lot slower than that.
thats excactly my point its a rtr model not the pro version. they are not as popular, as the top level cars

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 05:25 PM
When my local track was open it could keep up with the 710's

And anyway, its not an 'RTR' model anymore, and there is extremely little differnce in layout between this and the 'pro' model.

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 06:01 PM
When my local track was open it could keep up with the 710's

And anyway, its not an 'RTR' model anymore, and there is extremely little differnce in layout between this and the 'pro' model.

hmm ok:eh?:

the 710 has been superseeded by the 720 by over a year!!

the rtr is vastly different in layout, the belt moves to the exhaust side, the top deck and weight distribution is totally differnet, when you have dont the 200mm ic nationals for over 6 years you see and test lots of cars, the hobao team died over 2 years ago!

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 06:07 PM
If your not interested in buying it please will you stop making it look like i bought it for a fiver from a toy shop, im trying not to appear ignorant but if you were selling something that i didnt approve of (i love AE, so if you were selling a XXX CR and saying it was better than a B4) i wouldnt take over your thread saying 'Buy a B4 instead, this isnt worth it' if i did that i would hope you found it offensive, so what if this isnt the fastest car in the world, it did me proud when i used it, i could keep up with novarossied 710's down the straight.

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 06:21 PM
double post

big air
26-07-2007, 06:24 PM
well said josh, some people are very childish :rolleyes: and it seems to there must be a dose of male pms nocking about ;) good luck with the sale mate.

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 06:25 PM
If your not interested in buying it please will you stop making it look like i bought it for a fiver from a toy shop, im trying not to appear ignorant but if you were selling something that i didnt approve of (i love AE, so if you were selling a XXX CR and saying it was better than a B4) i wouldnt take over your thread saying 'Buy a B4 instead, this isnt worth it' if i did that i would hope you found it offensive, so what if this isnt the fastest car in the world, it did me proud when i used it, i could keep up with novarossied 710's down the straight.
what happened on the corners then? thats where time is made up! ;) :rolleyes:

ok sorry not mean to hijack your thread but i want potential buyers to know what they were buying.

DCM
26-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Mark, just leave him to sell his car will you.... he knows it isn't new and best, but for someone, it will be ideal, just let him sell it.

big air
26-07-2007, 06:28 PM
well said josh, it seems to me that some people can't let others get on with things without pushing there snowt in, :eh?: sadly this happens a lot and not just on this forum. it looks to me there might be a male p.m.s virus kicking about,:rolleyes: anyway good lok withe the sale mate;)

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 06:34 PM
DCM, Big Air, thanks for that, anyone know how to delete threads so i can start it again nice and clean, i'll even write at the bottom that it aint the newest car out but it does the job ;) just like the B4.

EDIT: if they didnt know what they were buying after reading the title then..... :eh?:

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Mark, just leave him to sell his car will you.... he knows it isn't new and best, but for someone, it will be ideal, just let him sell it.
im not stopping him am i? im not saying its worthless, or useless its just too pricey.

and im sure if i said its the dogs danglies and some one on here bought it to race id be popular then too!

notlawnomis
26-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Send a PM to Paul Rotheram, he might be able to delete all posts back to your original!! Good luck selling your car!!

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Send a PM to Paul Rotheram, he might be able to delete all posts back to your original!! Good luck selling your car!!

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 07:03 PM
what happened on the corners then? thats where time is made up! ;) :rolleyes:

ok sorry not mean to hijack your thread but i want potential buyers to know what they were buying.

On the corners i usually span, but that tends to happen no matter what touring car i drive, in the hands on Paul Cook it kept up very nicely indeed, he also told me it was much easier to drive than the serpents ect.

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 07:05 PM
right to clear this up

the car advertized is a good club level car, that was capable of making the A final at nationals, i know that as i ran the 1st one in the uk (rtr layout) for cml. and i put it in the A final.
Josh is supplying all the bits you need, , get a "strong" (yes i crash tested it too ) 200mm ic car and enjoy
so go make him an offer

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 07:09 PM
On the corners i usually span, but that tends to happen no matter what touring car i drive, in the hands on Paul Cook it kept up very nicely indeed, he also told me it was much easier to drive than the serpents ect.
its more neutral to drive than the 710 was yes

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Thankyou very much, over he moon now :)

so thats as the original post, iv decided to throw in a spare reciever and its £265 ono.

mark christopher
26-07-2007, 07:15 PM
well said josh, it seems to me that some people can't let others get on with things without pushing there snowt in, :eh?: sadly this happens a lot and not just on this forum. it looks to me there might be a male p.m.s virus kicking about,:rolleyes: anyway good lok withe the sale mate;)
and some posters have verbal dioreah :mad:

big air
26-07-2007, 08:24 PM
yes i no mark i have read plenty of your posts :D

DCM
26-07-2007, 08:30 PM
im not stopping him am i? im not saying its worthless, or useless its just too pricey.

and im sure if i said its the dogs danglies and some one on here bought it to race id be popular then too!

Mark, you know what you are doing, by questioning and putting doubt, anybody looking at buying the car might think twice, as it is obviously aimed at a nitro beginner, not a seasoned racer.

I 'know' you are trying to help, but your not.

josh_smaxx
26-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Its aimed at a nitro begginer (a starter box makes it one hell of a lot easier starting it) but it would be a great car for someone just moving up to club level from car park bashing, the car is really simple to work on and has fairly balanced handling.

josh_smaxx
03-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Still here, £260 posted :)

Have someone local interested so may not last long :p

josh_smaxx
20-08-2007, 08:30 PM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertised in Guisborough model shop now if anyone wants to take a look :)

Pembo
20-08-2007, 08:37 PM

I was just thinking the same thing. lol ;)

josh_smaxx
25-08-2007, 01:17 PM
bump........ ?????

josh_smaxx
30-03-2008, 04:42 PM
HAHA, still here :thumbsup: £200 (no spare Rx though, sold that a while ago) +P&P

Its a good car, honest. Hasnt been used since original post so no wear ect. Was given a good dose of after run oil after last use, through carb and glow plug hole.

josh_smaxx
30-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Now on fleebay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260225532327