PDA

View Full Version : lrp cvd driveshafts strippable but cant buy parts??

rondoolaa
30-05-2010, 11:47 PM
i have on 2 occasions in the last 5 race meets broken 2 x lrp shark monster driveshafts,

these driveshafts have both broken where the thread holds the wheel on...
my question is why if you can dismantle these driveshafts cant you buy just the part from the ball joint to the threaded shaft that holds the wheel on....??

i have posted this question in the lrp forums twice but have never recieved a reply...

does anyone know if anyone from lrp ever look at their own forum or do they just not care??

i would only like to get hold of the part from the ball joint to the threaded shaft as the bit from the ball joint to the outdrives doesnt need replacing...

does anyone else agree that if the shafts are strippable then you should be able to just purchase the parts you need instead of having to buy parts that you do not need to buy....

they sell the ball diffs which are strippable and you can buy any part for those, eg: tension screw, thrust plates, main diff gear, ball bearings.......so why are the shafts not available as parts also???

thanks for taking time to look at this post and reply if you agree with me, please reply and if you have any contact details for lrp as that would be great also..

Losi..Sam
31-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi mate
your better off putting this in the 18th scale sectioN of the forum or uk micro rc
you will find tHis section is tenth scale

Sam

Candyman
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Can you email / pm me, I might be able to help.