PDA

View Full Version : Ground works at Grifeen Valley

Legacy555
01-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi all,

Most of you heard about this at the weekend, and were asked for your opinions. The plan at the moment is to have the raised areas on the extreme ends of the track extended out at their highest point, to created raised flat areas.

We are also hoping to have some of the rough areas filled in, and maybe some sort of french drain put under the "damp" patch.

This should all happen in the next few weeks :)

mole2k
01-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Raised flat area's would be quite good as it would give a more multi-level feeling to the track layouts, although would it be possible while that's going onto build in some more features. A bit like the bumps on the far left of the track?

ian h
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Possible yes, not sure they are needed though. With jumps out we have plenty of obstacles IMO.

mole2k
01-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I havn't seen the new jumps aside from a few pictures quite a while ago so I don't really know what all you actually have there at the moment.

ian h
01-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Make sure you guys get down this weekend and have a look. I think we might do 6 min races in prep for the oople race!

mole2k
01-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I would be up for the 6min races. I've never done them before. We've ran 8min finals at DIR a few times before which are good fun.

Legacy555
29-09-2010, 11:29 AM
The parks department sprung a surprize on us all and started the works today!! Dave and Ian are on their way now.

Don't know how this will effect racing on Sunday.....

Delighted that thinks are moving on this already - we may be able to get grass planted next week :)

blade
29-09-2010, 12:22 PM
The parks department sprung a surprize on us all and started the works today!! Dave and Ian are on their way now.

Don't know how this will effect racing on Sunday.....

Delighted that thinks are moving on this already - we may be able to get grass planted next week :)
we could run our first dirt track meeting:woot:

ian h
29-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Nothing done today that affects the current layout so racing can carry on as normal on Sunday weather permitting!