PDA

View Full Version : Rear shocktower mount , truck | Is that a weak point?

Thomas P
07-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Just wanted to know, i have upgraded my Macnum with Team-C Beeefy carbon towers...2nd pack i jumped wrong and landed upside down, almost with motor facing "front"..noticed today that the rear towermount have 2 big cracks in it..

It must be a cause of that bad landing, anyone know if this one is availble in alu?, or did i only had bad luck.

kaylon
07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Sounds like bad luck...

Don't think you get alloy for that. Always remember, as I'm sure you do...that if you make one part stronger, something else takes the hits further down the shock line...

J

nicefrog
07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
I read of another guy breaking the carbon ones, but the good new is the stock ones are strong, so you can stick one of them on, they have carbon in them anyway

Thomas P
07-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Just the mount, the tower is indestructble (spelling)..as i thought, bad luck it must be :)...thanks boys!!

/T

Shannow
07-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I've gone through a lot of these mounts on my Madrat (as the towers are exposed they tend to dig in) but none on the Macnum yet as the shell tends to protect them from most of the impact.

I think a lot depends on the track too - grass and polished floors are fine, but the bumpy AstroTurf at Bury seems to break em for fun.

nicefrog
07-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Thomas I see, I've seen a fix for that, here's a thread about it

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/385098-introducing-team-c-america-20.html#post7422727