PDA

View Full Version : Plastic difference Madrat/Macnum vs "Pro" cars

Thomas P
09-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Yes i do wounder that,since my front end on the Ansmann truck is sick slopy..and that is after app 4-5 packs...i think i can change from +2 to -2 camber or more, from -3 to -1 toein on rear hubs...not talk about the ackerman link...

Any tips`?

nicefrog
09-06-2010, 04:50 AM
Mines done, 15 packs? and it's still too tight I think, but that's the buggy. Maybe the truck will loosen up quicker. The arms on the truck are made from carbon, the buggy is not maybe that has something to do with it.

We have one madrat and one pro buggy, the plastics are the same on both cars, everything is carbon, except the arms and on the truck everything is carbon, including the arms. When I cut the arms out of the truck and sanded the molding tabs flat I got carbon in my skin that took 2 days to get out, on the buggy this didn't happen

woOdy
09-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Yes i do wounder that,since my front end on the Ansmann truck is sick slopy..and that is after app 4-5 packs...i think i can change from +2 to -2 camber or more, from -3 to -1 toein on rear hubs...not talk about the ackerman link...

Any tips`?

The only thing the same on the MadRat and XPro is the chassic. Everything else is different. I have found that the MadRat stuff is more plasticy than the XPro.

kaylon
09-06-2010, 01:54 PM
woOdy is correct..

The X-Pro version of shock towers, lower suspension arms etc are a graphite compound. Hence the different part numbers for the above listed parts.

All the cars share the 3 chassis sections but the Madrat uses a standard ABS resin for it's suspension parts. These are not bad though and I'd still choose them for some conditions as they have more flex and are not as brittle as the graphite ones.

More flex is good for outdoor bashing and if you have alloy hubs...harder arms are better suited for indoor tracks I feel.

J

nicefrog
09-06-2010, 03:20 PM
I've looked at both my kits very carefully, my madrat is defiantly full of carbon apart from the arms, I expected the pro buggy kit to have carbon arms like the truck did, but it didn't it's exactly the same as the madrat. Maybe they are altering the carbon content as the time goes. But both mine are defiantly identical. That's carbon in all the plastic bits except the arms. The truck is 100% carbon. There's only one set of part numbers from Team C and they also make sell the RTR version with plastic shocks (the madrat). I'm sure as the time has gone on they has softened or changed the carbon content in some parts but I'm 100% sure at any one moment both kits are the same

It's easy to see, if it's kinda sparky then it's got carbon in it, if it's a more glossy smooth plastic then it doesn't

woOdy
09-06-2010, 04:22 PM
I've looked at both my kits very carefully, my madrat is defiantly full of carbon apart from the arms, I expected the pro buggy kit to have carbon arms like the truck did, but it didn't it's exactly the same as the madrat. Maybe they are altering the carbon content as the time goes. But both mine are defiantly identical. That's carbon in all the plastic bits except the arms. The truck is 100% carbon. There's only one set of part numbers from Team C and they also make sell the RTR version with plastic shocks (the madrat). I'm sure as the time has gone on they has softened or changed the carbon content in some parts but I'm 100% sure at any one moment both kits are the same

It's easy to see, if it's kinda sparky then it's got carbon in it, if it's a more glossy smooth plastic then it doesn't

Both look carbon but the XPro stuff has more carbon than the MadRat. If you snap any of the products you can see more of a plastic than a carbon layer.

nicefrog
09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Well I will have to wait until something breaks, I still don't agree though since it's all coming from the same factory in the same moulds, it wouldn't make economic sense for a powder that costs next to nothing. Maybe I'm a bit skeptical but that's how it looks to me, I'd put any difference down to batch variation. I striped a couple screws trying to cut into the madrat, I went ok with the pro truck kit, it's PLENTY hard

Thomas P
09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
So what do you recomend Stu?..do i have to accept this, or what should i get to get it less sloppy :)?

/T

ConceptRacing
09-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Personally I have found that the Pro may have a few better parts on it like the shock and bearings and turnbuckles but have had a few more breakages with the Pro than the Rat version and have since swapped a lot more Rat parts on my Pro, better to have a little flex than a broken part, I have been running the Rat since last summer and the car just seems to get better, may be just me getting to grips with the car a lot more, even getting lap times closer to the top guys at our club, quite a few F2 drivers to race against in the club, I am sure we will see a few more in the A final at the nationals soon.

woOdy
10-06-2010, 08:56 AM
So what do you recomend Stu?..do i have to accept this, or what should i get to get it less sloppy :)?

/T

Mine is sloppy so dont worry about it. It needs to be alittle bit sloppy to handle the bumps and stuff. If you have it to ridged then you will feel every little bump and you will be fighting the car all the way around the track.

Thomas P
10-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Thank you Stu for this, then i know, I did HARD test on the truck day before yesterday :)...and i mean HARD test...still the stock shock working ace..planning to get some "stock alu" - Pro shocks for better look :D.....

Had nothing to do, so i did some carbon job on my stock strap...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/gabbax_74/Ansmann%20Macnum/DSC_0092.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/gabbax_74/Ansmann%20Macnum/DSC_0097.jpg