PDA

View Full Version : Dead gm 90

mobile chicane
10-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi all I think I've kipperd my gm 90 speedo, I broke the sensor socket and a friend at my local club has replaced it for me but even though the speedo still programs and runs its very down on power and stutters badly when at full throttle.

I've subtituted a difrent gm 90 spedo in its place so I know the motor, battery sensor lead etc are ok.

is there anywhere in the uk that can repair these or is it a send to germany job ?

MattSedgley
10-06-2010, 10:59 PM
There is nowhere in the UK that can do warranty work on a GM - they have to go back to Germany, however if your friend has opened the case and soldered onto the board you may have invalidated any warranties you have on the item.

Perhaps you could try contacting the shop you bought it from?? They may be able to clarify if it's eligible for a repair by the manufacturer

chb
11-06-2010, 12:04 AM
There cannot be waranty since there has been mechanical damage, even before the friend opened it.

I don't think mobile chicane mentioned anywhere "waranty". It's understood that it's "repair"

If damage has been done to the sensor socket. I would try running without sensor cable. I run mine without sensor cable with a LRP motor. For me the difference with & without sensing is only at start to 5mph, and even then, it is is barely noticeable.

Also, did you try the exact same programming on your friend's GM90 ?
often that sort of behaviour goes away with a RESET to factory defaults