PDA

View Full Version : XBOX'S ARE CRAP

Rebelrc
24-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Xbox dont bother buying one
mine has gone wrong twice since feb this year
and you have to send it away for three weeks each time
what a load of ******* ******* ****
They make you phone them and hang you out on the line as long as possible to get even more cash out of you
ANGRY I AM GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
24-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Mine has never broken, not even once, neither has both my brothers, my cousins and my mates. If you buy the cheapo basic xbox your getting what you pay for. If you get one you want an elite 120GB or limited edition 250GB one :thumbsup:

MRD
24-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm on Xbox No4 and to be honest I've not had a problem with customer service. A quick phonecall and they Email me a shipping label, bang it in a box and a week or so later a new box comes in the post. This one has lasted over a year so I think its not a problem machine like the first three were. The only real pain for me is re-downloading all the stuff Ive bought on live in the past five years.

I know they shouldn't go wrong but they sort the problem without question and issue a new warranty so you should never be out of pocket but it is an inconvinience.

It wont stop me buying the next machine they bring out, I'd rather have a ticking time bomb than a gaystation :D

MRD
24-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Mine has never broken, not even once, neither has both my brothers, my cousins and my mates. If you buy the cheapo basic xbox your getting what you pay for. If you get one you want an elite 120GB or limited edition 250GB one :thumbsup:

since the cooling update theyre all the same machine with the same internals exept the elite has an hdmi port so cost doesn't have anything to do with reliability.

Rebelrc
24-06-2010, 05:05 PM
It is the top one:thumbsup:
and no i dont agree that even if it was the cheap one it should still work
If its not reliable do not sell it:mad:
They are absolute pants the way you cant just take it into the shop where you purchased it....oh no you have to phone that ******* call centre
Typical Microsoft or as we know them as GIMIE YOUR MONEY..GIMIE YOUR MONEY
Good old Linux lol

24-06-2010, 05:36 PM
since the cooling update theyre all the same machine with the same internals exept the elite has an hdmi port so cost doesn't have anything to do with reliability.

sorry i should have said prior to this :blush:

racingdwarf
24-06-2010, 05:55 PM
son got one on his birthday in on 6th of may.....been gone a week now.you put a disk in and it would ask you to put disk in over and over, did all the cleaning tricks no luck so off it went:mad:.and as for live....

Rebelrc
24-06-2010, 06:11 PM
BOO! to microsoft
Did you delete the cache
sometimes the disk drive works again after doing this....god knows what the cache has to do with the disk drive...what a crock of ****
it did work on mine twice
i hope Linux take over the world of pc's

T4miy4 Guy
24-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Ps3 for me> media centre
> Games console
> Blu Ray player

No brainer ! Microsoft suck Ass > truth

Andy

MRD
24-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Ps3 for me> media centre
> Games console
> Blu Ray player

No brainer ! Microsoft suck Ass > truth

Andy

Yea, but what do you know, YOU drive a Tamiya :p.

slow bob
24-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Xbox is verry verry :thumbdown:

the fix on the xbox is so crap let me explain what the engineers do to fix your faulty xbox when the chip gets to hot and falls of the main board ..

they dont re solder they only put a small white sticky block on the back of the chip so when they put it all back together it is wedged in place :thumbdown:

if you dont belive me open her up and take a look infact the fix is so easy i dont see why it would take weeks to fix ? maby its just the sheer numbers of faulty xboxs they deal with lol.

Rebelrc
24-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Cheers Bob
probably blue tack or chewing gum:lol:
p.s you have spelt schumacher incorrect on your signature

slow bob
24-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Cheers Bob
probably blue tack or chewing gum:lol:
p.s you have spelt schumacher incorrect on your signature

OH POO i didnt see that lol cheers for the heads up :thumbsup:

Pablo668
25-06-2010, 03:54 AM
So I bought an Xbox360 for my kids about 3-4 years ago.

After about a year it had the not reading disks error, so I called them, they asked me to try a few things which didn't work, so they sent me the box, the shipping label, and took it back, fixed it, returned it all free of charge.
After the warrant ran out it decided to do the RROD on them (my kids) so I decided to get them another one as the newer ones are ok as far as I know. So far, no probs with that one.

What to do with the old one? Well I found a fix on youtube involving changing the mounting of the heatsink, using some screws, washers and spacers and a bit of cleaning and replacing of thermal paste.

Deliberate overheat to re-set it apparently.

Then, bang, bob's your uncle, the bloody thing worked again. Has been working ever since. So now I have an Xbox360 at my place too.

As far as the Xbox reliability issue is concerned, I see it as noting less tha a complete PR disaster for MS. No product should ever come off the shelf with reliability issues like that from a half-way decent company. Simple.
I'd heard that MS at one point were taking back and fixing machines free-of-charge even for people whose warranties had ran out.
That should illustrate how bad the first batches were.

As too the 'get what you pay for' argument......that's just plain silly.

Oh and I have a PS3 too. No need to be racist. They're both good fun.

Metla
25-06-2010, 04:11 AM
I'd heard that MS at one point were taking back and fixing machines free-of-charge even for people whose warranties had ran out. That should illustrate how bad the first batches were. A class action was taken out against MS by American customers, and they were forced to offer an extended warranty for the 3 red rings of death fault which is the most common.In the name of "customer relations" MS implemented this as a world wide policy. The fault is present in all Xbox's up until the Jasper machines which have apparently been on the market for a year or so. Mine failed a few months back, Sent it away and they sent back a replacement, as far as I know no one gets back the actual machine they send in. Anyway, The replacement they sent me is faulty.....

Pablo668
25-06-2010, 04:55 AM
A class action was taken out against MS by American customers, and they were forced to offer an extended warranty for the 3 red rings of death fault which is the most common.In the name of "customer relations" MS implemented this as a world wide policy. The fault is present in all Xbox's up until the Jasper machines which have apparently been on the market for a year or so. Mine failed a few months back, Sent it away and they sent back a replacement, as far as I know no one gets back the actual machine they send in. Anyway, The replacement they sent me is faulty.....

Ahhhh so that's what happened.

Oh dear......

T4miy4 Guy
25-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Oh and I have a PS3 too. No need to be racist. They're both good fun.

Oh my god you crazy bear :woot:

Quality!

Reliability!

Manufacture!

Bloody better!

;)

Yea, but what do you know, YOU drive a Tamiya :p.

lol your a crazy bear too :thumbsup:

Andy ;)

Rebelrc
01-07-2010, 08:25 PM
A courier picked it up from me on monday and i have just received an email saying they have just received the shite box
they gave me a reference number to track its progress , and guess what next...........
it doesnt work....surprise surprise! they should get Cilla for there ad's

Dont buy one ....nuff said

johnnygibbon
01-07-2010, 08:43 PM
ps3 rules. free to use online . free user ids. the best in the buisness
#mines been turned on solid for 4 years pretty much
PS3 RULES

petemid8
01-07-2010, 08:49 PM
I got mine in Feb 09 so does that mean it will go pop at some point? Is there a way to check if it's a "jaffer"?

Been ok so far but I hardly ever get time go on it:thumbdown::thumbdown:

ashleyb4
01-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I dont have such problems because i have a Gaming PC easy :)

A

wezzer
01-07-2010, 09:05 PM
feel for ya dude but i got nothing bad to say about them, on my second now , first one went back straight away. collected next day from work delivered a week to the day later, same when it went wrong 2 years later :thumbsup: i paid 50 quid for my x box and have had a brand new one returned when it failed , not gonna get a better deal than that !
cant comment on the ps3 as i never played one:thumbsup:

01-07-2010, 10:05 PM
I use mine every single night online for 4 hours a night at least and ive not had 1 prob! :thumbsup:

Evsie
01-07-2010, 10:07 PM
A bit of a sweeping statement. :confused: I've had mine for 9 months and not a single problem.

telboy
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I use mine every single night online for 4 hours a night at least and ive not had 1 prob! :thumbsup:

.....appart from it not wanting to join us up on xbox live!!

I have both and to be honest, the PS3 Rules big time. Better graphics...better everything.

...just wish theyd hurry up with GT5!!!

Pablo668
02-07-2010, 12:12 AM
...just wish theyd hurry up with GT5!!!

+ about one bajillion.:)

5POINTSTAR
23-07-2010, 08:27 PM
My cousin has been through FIVE..FIVE no joke, the "RED RING of DEATH" FIVE times over the last 4 years :lol::lol::lol:.. We were playing Forza 3 when the machine went bad in Feb this year. Makes me wonder if the U.S. consumers get the bad 360's :confused:..

I feel bad for all "FANBOYS" like my cousin who is dedicated to one gaming system when both 360 and PS3 consoles have great games and graphics etc. I like both but I own a PS3 because of Blu-Ray (I like movies) and free wi-fi. It has been the perfect fit for my home theatre for 3 years, just waiting for GT5 now :drool:..

Feel free to add me for GT5, just include oople to the message ;)
PSN ID: Bobby-Vegas

sldmodels
23-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Rarely use mine for gaming, it's just an expensive video player at the mo', but Sam's got an original xbox game that he can't play on his 360, silly little arcade games I think, so any problems with the original xbox I should know about? Gonna buy him an original to play his game on, only £10 from the local cash convertor place.

SHY
26-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Agreed, just hate it!

mk2kompressor
26-07-2010, 11:21 AM
30+ days on COD 4, 15 days on MW2 and all the offline play in 10 months with not one problem:woot:

Nick Goodall
26-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I think any machine will struggle to be reliable (incl PC's) if they are basically used more then they were designed for initially...... over-heating is the simple problem, and that is purely through over-use in my eyes.

Fair enough it should be able to cope, but i think when they first designed it and tested it the general everyday amount of use would never have caused the sort of problems people have on them.....

There are a lot of people that literally spend every spare hour playing on their Xbox, and i would imagine they're usually the ones who are nearly having a break-down when they're having to be without it for a few days / weeks - That's why you only usually hear the bad from these people - I've had 2 xbox's in my life, one original and one 360 and neither have ever even had so much of a glitch.

ben
26-07-2010, 04:28 PM

Im not saying you dont have a life, it's just different to others :woot:

01-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Im not saying you dont have a life, it's just different to others :woot:

That's back when i was unemployed lol