Chequered Flag Racing
27-06-2010, 01:08 PM
tonight on BBC 2 / 20:00hrs :thumbsup:

Jedi Master
27-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Woop Woop!!!

SlowOne
29-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Mega disappointed. It's too predictable, too formulaic and lacking the wit and imagination it had three years ago. Is it past its sell-by date, or am I?

Chris Doughty
29-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I was pissing myself laughing at the Reliant Robin bit, how can grip-rolling cars and tearing up cricket pitches not be funny? and driving it into a sunken under-side inspection channel, hahaha

stig listening to the vuvuzalers :thumbsup:

its all staged, I know that, but I still find it amusing all the same.

I also stayed watching BBC2 after top gear to watch that program about the Nuke Sub, WOW, that was awesome too!

Shaun 'TheSheep' Atkinson
29-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I was pissing myself laughing at the Reliant Robin bit, how can grip-rolling cars and tearing up cricket pitches not be funny? and driving it into a sunken under-side inspection channel, hahaha

stig listening to the vuvuzalers :thumbsup:

its all staged, I know that, but I still find it amusing all the same.

I also stayed watching BBC2 after top gear to watch that program about the Nuke Sub, WOW, that was awesome too!
I loved that programme :thumbsup:

DCM
29-06-2010, 07:44 PM
That Nuke Sub was ace, and I thought, working on Strike Fighters, naval reconnaissance etc, was a tight ship..... but that sub.... what a piece of engineering!!

stegger
29-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Everyone knows it's all scripted but it's still ace :thumbsup::thumbsup: Got both programmes recorded, looking forward now to watching the nuke sub programme :thumbsup:

Conrad
29-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I was a bit disappointed as well tbh and it's not like me to say that about TG. Some of it was still really good but it is too predictable at times, it's been going that way the last few years but some episodes still manage to pull something special out of the bag.

SlowOne
30-06-2010, 07:11 PM
The rolling Robin was so predictable!! Why would he have one with a full roll cage inside it (could see it when he got in) and wear a crash hat if he wasn't going to roll it. And then the camera is set up at a junction that is downhill and off camber. See that coming a mile off!! OK, it did raise a smile the first time he did it. After that, what was the point of doing it over and over again, and what was funny about getting pop stars and retired cricket umpires to put the car back on its wheels?

The Bentley bit was just a re-hash of every test he's ever done in a car it was obvious he didn't like and wanted to take the piss out of. The volcano drive was interesting, but uninformative, and the other bits... do you know, I can't remember the other bits!! Every crowd shot has a blond with a low-cut dress in it, the celebrity driving item was amateur hour at the local Dramatic Society, and...

When they pull something special out of the bag, it is glorious. They haven't done that for ages, and it used to be every episode that we got something really worth watching, something original, or something too funny for words. OK, I'll go, it is just me!! :)