View Full Version : Rossi to Ducati / 2 Year Deal

Chequered Flag Racing
30-06-2010, 02:43 PM
and Burgess reluctant to move according to today's MCN

Stoner = Honda
Spies = Rossi's Yamaha

TryHard
30-06-2010, 03:55 PM
This would be proper interesting news... a tantilising prospect :)

Big question is, who is out at Honda, Dovi or Pedrosa? Seems to fluctuate week to week at the mo, although Dovi has the points advantage... hmm

c0sie
30-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Would have to be Dovi out all the way.
Dani might not have won the title but hes always up there battling for podium positions.
Granted his time has probably come and gone but Dovi hasnt done as much with the Honda as I thought he would.

Stoner to Honda, yawn. Boring Aussie.

Spies to Yamaha could be good, but then we did have Colin Edwards with Rossi and he never did anything that exciting.

Its a shame that there cant be two "aliens" at Yamaha...too much ego I guess. The Lorenzo/Rossi team is great to see IMO.

Not 100% sure that Rossi will do that well at Ducati, unless they are willing to redesign things at Rossi's command?

tonymon
30-06-2010, 05:19 PM
where did you hear about this?

tonymon
30-06-2010, 05:23 PM
ah, MCN, got it now

c0sie
30-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah ive just read my MCN now. Apparently itll be announced at Catalunya..............

Chaz
30-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Should stay away from that Ducati bike! Crap in my opinion! If Rossi wants to move i recon he should get on the Honda team again.

hf integrale
30-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I think everybodys forgot what a mistake people said it was rossi going to yamaha cause it was a pig.do you really think he can't ride that ducati now...?
The master on Italian bike oh yeah...!

Chequered Flag Racing
30-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Should stay away from that Ducati bike! Crap in my opinion!

So was the Yamaha when he 1st got on it.

Hasn't been that bad a bike since 04 has it :thumbsup:

Read somewere on interweb that Dani is out of favour with Repsol and maybe on his way eleswere

dave-p
30-06-2010, 06:36 PM
can't see a problem, rossi can win on a moped, imho hayden isn't in the same class as the doctor even though he is a world champ but he has got to grips with the ducati and is having a good season, can't wait to see how it pans out.

telboy
30-06-2010, 07:08 PM
If Rossi goes to ducati then my prediciton has come true. :)

Obvious choice before his retirement if you ask me, and he WILL make it work.

Stoner to Honda....makes me laugh really, remember the last time he was on a honda? Virtually fell off every race!!:woot: Could be some entertaining offs from him....and some more tears!:thumbsup:

JohnM
01-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Stoner to Honda....makes me laugh really, remember the last time he was on a honda? Virtually fell off every race!!:woot: Could be some entertaining offs from him....and some more tears!:thumbsup:

He's done it more then once on the Ducati this year, so won't be much of a change.

tonymon
01-07-2010, 07:24 AM
well they have made the ducati less of a stoner bike this year, to suit hayden, which partly answers the question why stoner isnt doing well. but it has a crap front end apprently. even so, rossi will make it work like he did with the yam in his 1st year with that. it was coming though, is there a tifosi with ducatis?

c0sie
01-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I dont think Ducati would have made the Duke "more of a Hayden bike" over stoner. Why would they? Casey is their #1 so of course things would be engineered more off of his feedback than anything.

Casey was strong when his bike was 10mph faster than everything else. He was never as strong as Vale on the brakes and never as stable when cornering...he was just luck enough to have a very fast bike. I think now that the Duke is on a level par with the Yamaha his true colours have shown and he cant handle the pressure. As has been said before, he had a crap time with Honda on a badly prepped bike that he rode to hard. I remember his crashes on that bike..all the time LOL

Even Rossi, in an MCN interview says that the new 1000cc bikes are gonna be pants cos they will be just like the 800's but slightly bigger. You could put any motor in you like but with all the electronics its just gonna be a case of hit the throttle and let the CPU work its magic. Hes said he wishes things were like the days of circa. 2005, very limited traction control and alot more fun to ride (and watch).

I love MotoGP, ive been a fan all my like of bike racing but this season has been a little bland. I remember the days of Stoner -vs-Rossi where Casey would out do Vale on the straight, then Rossi would duck under Casey in a corner and it would repeat for 20+ laps...ace to watch!
I remember the old 2005 days where you could easily see a train of 8 or 9 riders all battling for position for the duration of the race....I even remember a time when Rossi could come out of turn 1 in last place and still have a damned good chance of winning the race! but all the electronics has basically tamed it all down so now after lap 3 you just spend the remaining 20 laps watching gaps get bigger until maybe someone down the back end of the group tries to make a move on.

Get rid of the electronics I say :)

MChandler
01-07-2010, 07:48 AM
This would be proper interesting news... a tantilising prospect :)

Big question is, who is out at Honda, Dovi or Pedrosa? Seems to fluctuate week to week at the mo, although Dovi has the points advantage... hmm

Dovi and Pedorsa have already signed for 2 more years. its going to be 3 bike team with Stoner taking 3rd bike

Cosie :

Actually this year they altered the bike for Hayden that's why he performing as well as he is

c0sie
01-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Dovi and Pedorsa have already signed for 2 more years. its going to be 3 bike team with Stoner taking 3rd bike

Where did you hear that?

Has there been a 3 rider factory team before in MotoGP?? :confused:

Chaz
01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
So was the Yamaha when he 1st got on it.

Hasn't been that bad a bike since 04 has it :thumbsup:

Read somewere on interweb that Dani is out of favour with Repsol and maybe on his way eleswere

True, but the Ducati nearly wrecked Melandri's career. Dented and set back Haydens by 2 seasons and has knackered up Stoner's this season...... I'm sure if Rossi did go, Ducati would back him 100% as it would be a Italian/Italian partnership.

Lee
01-07-2010, 12:15 PM
If Jeremy goes with Vale then he will win the championship next year, if he doesn't then he may struggle! Without Jeremy Burgess, Rossi would not have had the success he has had ;)

c0sie
01-07-2010, 12:18 PM
LOL, I remember Melandri on the Duke....so sad to see him rocking up last so many times. Marco is ace :)

Interested to see how Spies does for the rest of this season and then at Fiat Yamaha (if thats official). I just hope he doesnt turn into another Toseland...loads of promise but no real substancial results.

Also heard that the MotoGP engineers were all set to be using engines based heavily upon production 1000cc lumps next year, but the FIM said that they would have to use completely prototype engines.....why would MotoGP engineers want to use production engines in the first place?

Chequered Flag Racing
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
probably a photoshop but :thumbsup:

http://thumbsnap.com/s/mhmrVmcJ.jpg

the absolute latest is that honda will run 4 factory bikes next year, stoner & simoncelli in the a team and dovi/pedro in the b team, all with equal bikes, stoner and marco are bringing a hell of a lot of sponsorship to the big time aswell.

Lee
01-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Rossi, will have his own personal area on the bike for sponsorship written into his deal as well, just like yamaha :thumbsup:

BRS
01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Some pretty harsh comments in here from the armchair racers... :lol:

I think if Rossi moves he'll have to take Jeremy I also think he's a big part of all Rossi's success. Lost count of the times they found something over night and Rossi was quicker in morning warmup than he was in qualy!

I'm not sure Rossi will be up for many more years in motogp depends how he heals from his first proper injury. I dont want him to pack in but with all the titles and what not he might be tempted to move on?? Although going out on a stretchers not his style...

Lorenzo was already starting to beat Rossi as well as outpace him. Rossi will be what 32 for a crack at the title next year off the back of little to no riding against 21,22,23 year olds with no silverware.

As far as I've heard Ducati made the motor a big bang like Yamaha (cross plane crank) instead of the screamer aimed at helping everyone else on Ducatis including the eye brow waxing Hayden (mrs pointed that out!). But they do seem to have front end issues also now and Stoner appears to have lost confidence in it.

I dont think 1000cc comes in till 2012 does it someone put next year above unless I read it wrong. I think the traction control wants doing away with it wasnt like they got highsided for fun without it on the 4strokes. 500 strokers used to sling them down the road so often it wasnt funny. Remember Doohan asking for the screamer motor back in his Honda when they had all moved to big bang and taking the piss out of everyone else with throttle control.. and Jeremy Burgess ;o)

Anyway whatever they do the series its getting poor with only 13 or so riders as it is now, something must be done.

Chequered Flag Racing
02-07-2010, 10:56 AM
visordown

IF YOU'VE kept an eye on the latest MotoGP gossip then you'll probably know various media sources are breaking the news that Valentino Rossi has signed to ride for Ducati from 2011 onwards.
But despite the persistant rumours surrounding the Italian's move to Ducati, 'nothing's concrete' according to leading MotoGP correspondent Mike Scott. In fact Scott believes the only move that is certain is Casey Stoner to Honda in 2011.
But the understandable intensity of the gossip surrounding the nine-time world champion's planned defection to Ducati has been increasing over the last few weeks. The rumours gathered momentum after the news Casey Stoner's Ducati technicians had been told to expect redundacy at the end of the season; the most likely catalyst for Ducati's decision to lay-off its team being Rossi and his loyal gang of technicians moving en masse to the squad for 2011.

tonymon
02-07-2010, 04:58 PM
so Mr Burgess?

DCM
02-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I was listening to practice this afternoon, and they were trying to say, it isn't just a 'ducatti' deal, being that his major sponsor also owns Ferrari, and that Ferrari are trying to be allowed a 3rd car on the grid, with the single principle of chucking Rossi in there.... so a couple of years, seeing his time out, on an Italian bike, hopefully win a Worlds on it, and then be able to walk on water in Italy, then across to F1...