PDA

View Full Version : Southports Annual Easter Egg Meeting

PaulRotheram
14-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi all, SRCC are holding its annual easter egg meeting, gates open at 11, booking in at 11:30 and racing to commence at 12 with pleanty of practise inbetween.

we ussually aim to get every one an easter egg who attends the meeting, but with the sudden interest in the meeting (mainly for national practise, hint hint ;)) we will have to see what happens on the day.

we will however provide all junior drivers easter eggs and go from there with every one else.

we are expecting around 50-60 drivers to attend the meeting and the club are providing heats for both 2wd and 4wd, the weather forecast for any one interested can be found here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3188

we hope to see you there and have a happy easter :flower: :thumleft:

Danny McGee
14-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I'll be there, as will Tricky i think plus a few others.

Glad to see that the weather is looking ok.

If anyone should need any help setting up a Losi, feel free to come ask. I'll be more than willing to help as much as i can.

See you there

Danny

PaulRotheram
14-04-2006, 05:39 PM
danny, im working on making a xxxcr, ill be running it sunday, care to help me set it up?:)

Danny McGee
14-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Not a problem.

I can let you know a set up via here if you want? Or would you rather wait til sunday.

PaulRotheram
14-04-2006, 06:22 PM
you can email me a starting set up if thats ok? currently got the yellow rear springs on as suggested from mr long, and it seems you have bee ntrying these out recently too?

my email:

gotmilk (at) hotmail.co.uk - had to do that so i dont get spammed to death by net bots :rolleyes:

nice one! :thumleft:

edit: are you running the jrxs steering link and shortenend steering arms? like ellis uses

Danny McGee
14-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Yer i helped Chris out with a set up at Bury a few weeks back and the starting setup then was Yellow rears. What i have sent you is what i ran at kiddy, i'll be stating sunday with it and fingers crossed ending the day on it too.

Hope it come of some help

Danny

PaulRotheram
14-04-2006, 07:58 PM
got it!

ive sent back an email back also! :)

bigred5765
15-04-2006, 12:29 PM
i was told at kiddy that bury metro wasnt open this week but after speaking to roger this morning via email it seems it is
we still are going to southport though

jimmy
15-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Arslaan is going to Bury metro with his new Yokomo BX, I think we are going to southport by the looks of it, im doing 4wd probably with the Kyosho as I guess I should keep the BX pretty for selling..

PaulRotheram
16-04-2006, 07:12 PM
good day i think!

i managed to scrape 9th in the A in qualifying, the first few rounds i was messing around with set ups and got there in round 3, then in round 4 i tried somthing else and my car was absoluteley crap! dont think ive driven that bad in ages :rolleyes:.

ended up 9th on the grid and made my way up to 6th putting in decent lap times.

ended up taking my front wing off and putting a high downforce wing on the rear and stiffer springs on the rear, i also put cvds on the car too.

the car was really nice to drive, roll on next week for more testing! any one coming back for more practise? hehe.

i think in the end we had roughly 67 drivers!

edit - ive got the A final 2wd results if any one is interested. ill try get the 4wd ones if any one needs em.

jimmy
16-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Was great today mate, I did shite but then I blame you paul for looking at me or somet. ! :p

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/southport160406/

jimmy
16-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh ! thanks for the easter egg also! how cool is that.. ok I was only allowed 2 smarties from mi smartie easter egg, but Im diabetic and brought mi own special one! hehe

Richard Lowe
18-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Oh ! thanks for the easter egg also! how cool is that.. ok I was only allowed 2 smarties from mi smartie easter egg, but Im diabetic and brought mi own special one! hehe
It was so funny watching Vicky trying to stop you tearing into that egg :jimmeh :lol:

jimmy
18-04-2006, 08:59 AM
I could smell it, it was calling me, the little smarties mmmmmmmmm. :cat:

You were doing so well in that final rich! then you seemed to get excited and loose your cool!.. was it the thought of easter eggs ?;)

emzy
18-04-2006, 09:12 AM
It was so funny watching Vicky trying to stop you tearing into that egg :jimmeh :lol:

You should have seen him on the diabetic one... most people, y'know, they break the egg into bits and take a couple, or they snap bits off? Jimmy... he opened the box, picked up the egg (still in the plastic bit) and just takes a huge bite of the front of it. Then holds it out to me and VickY...

Like an animal...

Richard Lowe
18-04-2006, 11:23 AM
I could smell it, it was calling me, the little smarties mmmmmmmmm. :cat:

You were doing so well in that final rich! then you seemed to get excited and loose your cool!.. was it the thought of easter eggs ?;)

The car's a bit edgy at the mo, I need a bit more time testing outdoors to dial the setup in, I'll get it sorted though :salut:

jimmy
18-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Neils car looked reet good, but it was also the way he was driving, I was marshalling up that tricky section and he was the only one driving that way, he was making it almost straight through with a lot less steering than anyone else, he also was timing his throttle to jump over some bumps and ride over others, no one else seemed to be matching him through there. just from what I saw anyway.. Im almost tempted to go again this weekend for practice.

Mrs oOple
18-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Like an animal...

Like a monkey shaped animal?! yay!

But REALLY, I took the diabetic one so that Jimmy wouldnt feel tempted by the big pile of easter eggs!
So SOMEHOW we ended up with three easter eggs to take home... *coughEMZYcough*

xox

Will Olpin
18-04-2006, 02:21 PM
You should have seen him on the diabetic one... most people, y'know, they break the egg into bits and take a couple, or they snap bits off? Jimmy... he opened the box, picked up the egg (still in the plastic bit) and just takes a huge bite of the front of it. Then holds it out to me and VickY...

Like an animal...

LOL!!!. Well you gotta feel sorry for poor old Jim not being able to have the smarties one, i know bad i would feel if i wasnt alowed to eat one.

emzy
18-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Like a monkey shaped animal?! yay!

But REALLY, I took the diabetic one so that Jimmy wouldnt feel tempted by the big pile of easter eggs!
So SOMEHOW we ended up with three easter eggs to take home... *coughEMZYcough*

xox

Well... 2 after I'd finished with mine... muaha!

Chrislong
19-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Neils car looked reet good, but it was also the way he was driving, I was marshalling up that tricky section and he was the only one driving that way, he was making it almost straight through with a lot less steering than anyone else, he also was timing his throttle to jump over some bumps and ride over others, no one else seemed to be matching him through there. just from what I saw anyway.. Im almost tempted to go again this weekend for practice.

I know the line through there, but I can't see it from the rostrum!! :cool:
Sometime I get it and I think "Pheeeew that was lucky" :afro:

Stu
19-04-2006, 06:42 PM
If you look the length of the back section from the end of the track you can see the line easily. I'm nowhere near good enough to get it, I just drive it slow & consitent.

Whats the general feeling on how many will be turning up on sunday?