PDA

View Full Version : Machinist required to make some alloy parts

Welshy40
08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Any one know of any one capable of making a couple of items out of alloy from scratch?

DCM
08-08-2007, 06:09 PM
depends what shape they are first James, do you need machining, or turning, I know Dave G is pretty handy with the metal stuff.

HKP
08-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes, tell us what it's for James.. (I bet its for his Lazer :D)

There is a CNC machining company down the road from me if that helps...

Welshy40
08-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Tom hit it right on the nose. My friends at fibrelyte couldnt copy the inner pivot blocks, as they are a slightly different design from the zx or zxr, so i need to get them made of alloy or steel. Whatever works for me. If thats the case Tom I will give to you on the 19th August and see if they can work their magic.

Welshy40
08-08-2007, 07:42 PM
depends what shape they are first James, do you need machining, or turning, I know Dave G is pretty handy with the metal stuff.

Mmm I know Craig Harris is pretty good as well, all depending if he has the equipment still. But still Wales is miles away from where i currently live so will pass to Tom and see if he can get it done. Thanks anyway.

tc2k
08-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Im also pretty keen on getting something machined/turned which needs to be pretty precisely made. So anybody who knows of a company who'll do one off parts. Id be interested. Thanks

Alfonzo
09-08-2007, 09:16 AM
My brother and I run a small CNC sub contract company. We can mill and turn, aluminium a speciality. We're always happy to talk..:)

super__dan
09-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Mmm I know Craig Harris is pretty good as well, all depending if he has the equipment still. But still Wales is miles away from where i currently live so will pass to Tom and see if he can get it done. Thanks anyway.

To be honest Harris is like the busiest man alive, and considering he's got my shells to do soon he won't have time :)

Welshy40
09-08-2007, 05:46 PM
To be honest Harris is like the busiest man alive, and considering he's got my shells to do soon he won't have time :)

Dan, its too far for me to travel to Craigs anyway, so Tom will take it off my hands