PDA

View Full Version : modified motor

wayne
04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
hi ppl ...does any one have a [brushed]modified motor they want to get rid off? ...please let me know if you do
thanks

simoncrabb
04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
(I don't, but) how did you enjoy your first meeting?

mikeyscott
04-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Before getting a faster motor did you get round cleanly and consistently?

wayne
05-07-2010, 08:11 AM
hi fella ...yeah i by the end i was getting around consistently ...only hitting the barrier a couple of times ...but mostly a smooth run ..with the acception of a couple of tyre problems which got solved ....was fun and i really enjoyed it ..just want to go a bit quicker now .....ive ordered an 8t limit speedo ...just need a slightly faster motor but dont worry i wont go mad n sink before i can swim lol.

and everyone there was extremely helpfull :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
05-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Good to hear :)

I'll post the results up when I get the laptop back this week

www.torchracing.org.uk/results

PM SteveB as he may have some Brushed motors

super gripper
05-07-2010, 09:07 AM
hi ppl ...does any one have a [brushed]modified motor they want to get rid off? ...please let me know if you do
thanks

hello Wanye

i have a box full, what wind are you looking for? they are well looked after and I am not wanting much.

mikeyscott
05-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Wherever you get the motor from Steve can also skim motors etc. for members.

He does it for a few people

wayne
05-07-2010, 01:32 PM
hello Wanye

i have a box full, what wind are you looking for? they are well looked after and I am not wanting much.

hii.......i think im looking for somet around a 15-12 ..something around that area ..if ok.....how much would you want for one?

thanks wayne

wayne
05-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Good to hear :)

I'll post the results up when I get the laptop back this week

www.torchracing.org.uk/results (http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results)

PM SteveB as he may have some Brushed motors

ok ill have a look ...but my guess is there prob shocking lol.....but we all gotto start somewhere

mikeyscott
05-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm sure you did fine

12 wind motor could a good choice, but I'll let the guys who where there on Sunday make the recommendations...

super gripper
05-07-2010, 02:19 PM
hii.......i think im looking for somet around a 15-12 ..something around that area ..if ok.....how much would you want for one?

thanks wayne

I know I have a 17double and a 12single....I will have to look when I get home.

just a fiver each those two

I will bring what I have next week.

wayne
05-07-2010, 06:24 PM
I know I have a 17double and a 12single....I will have to look when I get home.

just a fiver each those two

I will bring what I have next week.
thank you so much fella ......do you know if they have bullet connectors? if so .i should be able to install at the track on sunday:thumbsup: if not dont matter ....but ill defo have the 12 single ....and ill be there early sunday morn .incase i can install it

thanks again :)

wayne
05-07-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm sure you did fine

12 wind motor could a good choice, but I'll let the guys who where there on Sunday make the recommendations...

i think a 12 will do me nicely ...so i was thinking the same ..wont keep up with the fast guys but atleast ill be competative

mikeyscott
05-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Looks good and Steve can maintain brushed motors for people!

super gripper
06-07-2010, 09:07 AM
thank you so much fella ......do you know if they have bullet connectors? if so .i should be able to install at the track on sunday:thumbsup: if not dont matter ....but ill defo have the 12 single ....and ill be there early sunday morn .incase i can install it

thanks again :)

Hello Wayne,
no bullet connectors, it is much better to solder the motor directly on to the esc wires. I will have my 12v soldering iron with me Sunday. I will get the there 8ish so we will have plenty of time to get it in to your car.

wayne
06-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Hello Wayne,
no bullet connectors, it is much better to solder the motor directly on to the esc wires. I will have my 12v soldering iron with me Sunday. I will get the there 8ish so we will have plenty of time to get it in to your car.
thanks again fella ...very kind of you ...ill make sure i get there around same time ..will give us plenty of time ...:thumbsup:

super gripper
07-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Wayne
Your car should go much better with a good motor, you said you have six battery packs so using a fresh one everytime will ensure you have the power.

You just need the rear blue mini spikes and inserts from Steve and you car will be transformed. :woot:

wayne
07-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Wayne
Your car should go much better with a good motor, you said you have six battery packs so using a fresh one everytime will ensure you have the power.

You just need the rear blue mini spikes and inserts from Steve and you car will be transformed. :woot:

thats cool ...my new speedo turned up and all installed ready for the new motor...i kinda figured that having 6 batterys was a better way for me to do it [more expensive tho] cos i can charge em all n ensure i will have enough for the day...i have mainly 3700 NI-MH cells and they last about ten mins so should be enough for 2 races too[i know the new motor will drain more but im still hopefull lol]

ill get the car ready for installation of the motor so we can just put it in when i get there ..and i should be able to get the back tyres aswell....
i think then it would be quick enough to be on the pase atleast.

thank you so much for your time :) much appreciated