PDA

View Full Version : Update re Blean Fete Race Day this Sat 10th July

whissstle
08-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi All,
If you have not informed me that you are coming and which of the classes you wish to run in (4WD, Trucks, 2WD), please reply by this thread or my mobile 07548783976.

Venue: Blean Memorial Recreation Ground (Park) CT2 9JA.

Entrance: Drive onto the park via the gate to the left of the Hall. Please drive very slowly up the left hand side of the park and leave your cars bumper to bumper along the hedges within our enclosure at the top end of the park.

Arrival: 8.30-9.30. Racing to start 10am.
If you don't arrive before 9.30, please park along School Lane, where possible. These are my neighbours so please be considerate!

Manual lap counting via laptop, so transponders not required.
3 rounds of Heats, plus 3 rounds of Finals. Grid qualfying by FTQ.
Aim to have a fun and relaxing race day, without an auto-timer. Likely 10 min intervals between heats with each round commencing on the hours of 10,11,12am,1,2,3pm.

Remember I am also trying to raise funds for a new village hall, so £5 per driver, which will include a voucher for a free burger or hot dog and a can of soft drink. If you wish to make a higher donation that would be much appreciated.

Get ready for Volvo jumping!!!

Oh yes, if you have a generator, please bring it as Crewies has died. Otherwise please bring your own means of charging.

Andy

Hog
08-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Do we have enough generators to go round? Don't mind chipping in for fuel.

sfry61
08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
i'll have a generater + a gallon of fuel, its not the biggest one ever, once had about 5 people leaching off it at one time though :thumbsup:

Hog
08-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I'll have one as well if I can get it working.

Hog
12-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Good bit of fun racing for a Saturday afternoon!! The car jump was epic Andy so thanks for that.

Gave me chance to shake down the new truck - big thanks to Andy J for loaning me a wishbone when I tried to test my trucks' structural integrity compared to a steel fence post.......:thumbdown: