PDA

View Full Version : zx-5 Worksop

gazoff
10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi
Can anybody give me some advice on set up for the indoor racing at worksop ( Low grip rubberised flooring).
Have got myself a secondhand ZX-5 , just need some base settings to work from.
Any advice on fitting a Lipo Pack ?

Thanks

paulc
10-08-2007, 10:07 PM
i think the lipo pack fits straight in no problem :)

clunk
11-08-2007, 08:17 AM
hi gaz,
try starting off with the kit settings and springs,1.5mm shock pistons,45front oil and 35 rear. also you can try shortening the rear wheel base, i shortened both arm and hub for york indoors. dont go too far from the kit silver springs,because the difference in length may confuse you (it did me !!)
serious power with lipo m8, just remember to be smooth on the throttle, very smooth!!!
the zx-5 is pretty bulletproof,am sure you will enjoy racing it.there should also be loads of help from people when you get there.

frogger
11-08-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't know what spares you got with your car but I would recommend as a minimum:
Ali front suspension holder
Newer kit shock tower supports (they were molded different from the first ones and are stronger)
Dog bones, or better, upgrade to CVD's
Suspension arms
C hubs (10 degree) and knuckles
at least one bag of king pins
A spare set of hing pins front and rear

Most people buy the Atomic carbon top deck to reduce flex and Atomic carbon front shock tower (get longer screws to sandwich the carbon and original shock towers together which makes it bullet proof along with an ali shock tower support from US ebay)

If your shocks leak then get the optional double O rings as they stop the leak.

niggs98
11-08-2007, 11:29 AM
If your shocks leak then get the optional double O rings as they stop the leak.

or just run the blue mip ones for the associated shocks as they work really well and last a lot longer ie nearly a year with no leaks in my zx5 ;)

gazoff
11-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks guys.
Good news, it seems to have most of the mods you suggest.
Bad news, just read the instruction book , not much info !!
The car has a one way setup on the front, based on centre drive shaft. Do I need to change this ?
Do you find that you have to make big set up changes from track to track ( Outdoor ), or is there a good base setting that works for most ?
Thanks