PDA

View Full Version : Losi Excelorin advice

Hog
09-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Just picked up a 2nd hand Losi Excelorin, and it's missing the switch (which I did know about before I purchased). Holding the ESC so the PCB and switch / fan wires face you, the farthest 3 solder points on the left are for the switch. It looks like the 2nd and 3rd points have been soldered to eiminate the need for the switch.

My question - I have a spare Novak switch with only 2 wires which I want to solder to the Excelorin - which terminals do I solder to? I assume it's 2 & 3 (red & brown)? Is the 1st pin (orange) purely for the signal wire for the setup mode?

Might be easier to explain if you look at the pictures here http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewlosixcelorin/

Thanks in advance.........:thumbsup:

peetbee
09-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Off the top of my head I don't know, but I do wonder how you would calibrate it to your transmitter without the settings button:confused:

DCM
09-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I would assume (so don't take my word for it), but with only three wires, one will be common (negative), one will be switched live (on/off) and the third would be a push to make to enter the ESC into setup mode.... but you would need a switch harness to do continuity tests to assure yourself.

Mr.C.
09-07-2010, 03:26 PM
I've got a spare switch - PM me your details & I'll post it off to you.

Chris56
09-07-2010, 03:27 PM
That should work. If you also wire a "push to make" switch between the black and yellow you should get a functional setup button.

Hog
09-07-2010, 03:56 PM
PM sent for you Mr C - your kind offer is much appreciated.

Think I'll leave it as is for now until the switch arrives and I can wire it in.

Thanks for helping out chaps.

Hog
14-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Big thanks to Mr C - arrived today and very much appreciated :thumbsup: