PDA

View Full Version : Gettin the LRP Quantum apart!?

jimmy
15-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Whats the best method to get my QC2 apart ? Ive had problems with it for a while, rewired the switch and all the positives, still acting up (sometimes just cuts out) So i need to get inside now to see if the switch or something else has come away, played with it for about 15 minutes before giving up.. I seem to have the option of smashing the case or leaving it as it is..

Had to resort to sticking the Novak TC2 in my kyosho now so i can at least race without problems.

BenG
15-04-2006, 06:32 PM
whoa Jimmy, drop your tools right now. Opening your QC2 will invalidate your life time warranty. Send it back to Helgar Racing or to your LHS, and they will fix it, or replace the item. Don't open it up, as my Nosram Dominator Power EVO popped open in a race, and mirage refused to replace it, until my dad had 'kind' words.

nick oliver
15-04-2006, 06:42 PM
that happened to me before poped open in race on my touring car!:( then caught on belts!:eek: :rolleyes: my dad asked them an he sed no they cant get wannranty for free away, but then he said well it should pop open so got it all done then yay!:D

Make sure youe got ur warranty card!

jimmy
15-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Dont have mi warranty card, well, I do somewhere but never sent it in.. got the serial number which fell off after about 5 mins, but its in mi paint box..

If i send it in and its free, thats cool, if it costs more than a tenner id rather try fix it miself..

nick oliver
15-04-2006, 07:47 PM
if you havnt caused it by opening it and playing with it lol fine! should be free
You need your wanranty card tho:rolleyes: you sound like me i got one in house some but dnt know where:( get looking lol;)

bert digler
15-04-2006, 08:05 PM
:D if you havnt caused it by opening it and playing with it lol fine! should be free
You need your wanranty card tho:rolleyes: you sound like me i got one in house some but dnt know where:( get looking lol;)
i have nossy dominator evo same speedo if you crack the case tthey charge you a tenner plus post the nossy is an lrp be carefull i have had a few of these top class speedo but for gods sake dont give them any excuses to charge you if it looks mint no prob

nick oliver
15-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Thats strange:confused: cause i know this one wasnt in best nic at all but we just said poped open in race and as it not supose too got new one:D :D

ROB check ur pms

nick oliver
15-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Just to add when my dad took mine apart other week QT2 boards were covered in jelly stuff to protect it from water i guess

Cockerill
15-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Check that there isn't a break in the receiver lead. this was a problem with mine I just got kirky to resolder a new plug on it. It worked ever since

jimmy
15-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Big scared now, do i attempt to fix this thing or just send it in ? not had the case apart but its quite obvious ive "have a go" also no idea where my warranty card is in truth, not seen it for ages.

tyreman
16-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Don't go tell everyone that you are opening the cases on your Quantum 2 as people from helger do flick through some of the more popular forums.:jimmeh :rolleyes:

BenG
16-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Just send it in mate, and Helgar will sort you out. I have had to send back my LRP pulsar 2 charger, as it was'nt charging correctly, and they sorted it, giving me a whole new unit, as the old one was broken. I should imagine they will repair it or replace it for you.

k£v!n
16-04-2006, 08:43 AM
i have also had problems with an lrp esc, i sent mine back and within the week i was given a new one!

jimmy
17-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Thats not bad at all. This is my 3rd LRP quantum to go funny, I like them though, nice and small and look cool. I'll send it in and see what they say, if its a lot to fix i'll leave it.

My favourite ESC is the one I use in my 2wd, Keyence Zero V Extreme 2002, awesome esc it is, i really like the way I can set everything up like power limit and frequencies all on the esc with a proper display.
It went funny once, the display got corrupt, took a while to go back to japan via schumacher, but I got a brand new one back, John price had the same thing with his Keyence and same service, tho I think they charge a small fee now for the repairs.

MattW
17-04-2006, 08:58 PM
This is an odd one for me!! Most people suffer with LRP/Nosram speedos that come apart in use, and here's Jimmy can't get one apart!!!!

The Q2 does have the board coated, so you probably won't be able to do anything to the board.

The Kenance is a real good speedo, and under rated it has to be said.

jimmy
20-04-2006, 09:30 PM
:o:o

Sent the Quantum back on tuesday, its only thursday and I have a brand new one back ! Talk about fast service!

DCM
20-04-2006, 10:03 PM
Maybe they read the forums Jim, and want good Customer Service PR....

BAH... damn this cynical brain of mine!!!

nick oliver
20-04-2006, 11:14 PM
hi jim that was quick! did you get qantum 2 or 3 ? is 3 even out yet lol

jimmy
20-04-2006, 11:22 PM
2, dont know what the advantages of a 3 are but never seen one.
I'm more than happy tho.

nick oliver
21-04-2006, 12:09 AM
ye.. I know 2 people that sent there off over 2weeks mayb 3 now and still anit had them back:eek: :eek:

OldTimer
21-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Also just sent mine back, posted on tuesday after it went into melt down, just picked up a parcel from the post office this morning, jiffy bag with a new QC2 in it, the sheet says "replaced under warranty - not waterproof".

Cannot fault Helger / LRP :):):)

jimmy
21-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Great stuff. Wonder if your friends situations are a little more complex Nick ? like, there are repairs to be done etc ?

Oscar
21-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Sounds great service to me :)
As Jimmy said Keyence are excellent, I believe Schumacher now just charge £10 to cover postage costs to Japan then back to yourselves.
Glad to see at least two companies have got it right:smile:

nick oliver
21-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Great stuff. Wonder if your friends situations are a little more complex Nick ? like, there are repairs to be done etc ?
I am not quite sure.. what happened to them.. sowi Nick.