PDA

View Full Version : Serpent S811

MrWolf808
11-07-2010, 09:30 AM
is there anyone out there currently using one of these, and how are you finding it, looking to get one and race it down south, slough, herts, kent clanfield etc. but no one i know is using one.

MrWolf808
13-08-2010, 07:46 PM
well its here and assembled, first proper run at frankley on sunday. this should be interesting.

jimbot
23-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Mark thomas has run one at herts twice and southend once he is having nightmare!
1 lap on 1st race all day.
2nd in C final this weekend put up some pictures on piraterc of his car.
Shock stand off breaking drilled out shock tower and fitted losi ones.
He told me he was having trouble getting hold of serpent uk only answer phone calls on fridays!
Looked on rctech not good reading but it is a gen one car the next version will be better.
Looks ok going round nothing special.
Jim

MrWolf808
24-08-2010, 12:39 AM
thanks jim.
i have been having trouble with the car and have had trouble getting any support. the car is good when i can get it too stay together. i would like too add that i am not a heavy driver or a newbie, i have been doing this for years and am relatively quick normally. (please god someone back me up :cry:) i do realise that i am driving a prototype to speak of but it really is not living up too all the hype. i am not giving up and will continue too struggle on but a little support would be gratefully recieved.
and now for the slating i will surely recieve.

johnboy
24-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Anyone wanting help with the Cobra 811 ring my dad Jeff at Elite R/C in Halifax. The shop number is 01422 373010. The shop is open monday tuesday thursday 09:30 till 18:30, friday 09:30 till 18:00 and saturday 09:00 till 17:00. Closed weds and sunday. He runs the cobra and stocks alot of spares. Regarding the shock stand offs my dad is just an average club driver and has never broke a standoff on his cobra and he will admit does have some heavy crashes at times.

Ring him for any help and support.

PS MR WOLF YOU HAVE HAD PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAIL ADDRESS PM'ED TO YOU BEFORE PLEASE RING

MrWolf808
24-08-2010, 06:01 PM
this is probably my mistake as the only time i have rung is on a wednesday and thursday, i did try on thursday and got no reply allthough his dad give me there home number so i think this may have been the problem, but i can testify as too the fact that the shock standoffs did snap and after a light landing after the main jump at herts, it may have just been a couple of weak ones but it did put pay to a good meeting at that point. until i retrofitted losi ones. i would like to put the record straight at this point i have had NO trouble at all with elite r/c and they have been in touch via pm and given me phone numbers too get in touch i think it just been a case of ships passing in the night, and they have always responded too any queries i have had.

pete
29-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Now then guys, dont really like posting on forums but im running the 811 in the north for serpent uk and have been since it arrived in the uk. It had a few teething problems at first, but thats only the same as any car. We now have a really good starting set up for astro and dirt as im sure plenty of racers in the north who have seen the car go will agree. If anyone running the serpent wants these set ups ill be happy to send them or give jeff at elite rc a call and he should also be able to help. Im very interested in what anyone else running the car has found out, good or bad, id really like to know.

cheers,
pete watt

MrWolf808
30-08-2010, 08:01 PM
thanks pete,
i would just like too say publicly here and now that elite have been superb in helping me with the cobra, i received all the parts needed to get the car up and running again promptly and without charge too myself, they have been very good and cant thank them highly enough. the car was flying over the proline and even after getting completely shafted at the start of my final and after qualifying forth i got well and trully shafted at the first bend and finished the first lap last stone dead last. but the car was superb and consistent and i bumped. only too get rammed up the back at full tilt and smashing the rear diff bearing put pay too my quarter final. (i really dont think the liked my car) but it was superb. apart from a slightly tricky job too set up the linkages i have too say i am enjoying the car immensely, it is so stable and carries corner speed like nothing i have ever driven. i have too admit i do love whipping round drivers on the inside and it flies superbly much better than my old xray.
anyway i just wanted too say on here how much i appreciate the support i have received and how much happier with the car i am. and once again thank you too elite rc in halifax without your help i would have been stuffed.
Mark

Mattyt
26-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I got my Cobra from Jeff and he has been very helpful. I am newbie and ok at driving. Though learning off road. The only problem I have had is with bearings seizing on the outer drive cups on the rear and in the clutch bell which I have come across on my on road days. I drive at Herts and go during the week as not good enough to race and dont want to embarass myself to much. I have found there is loads of grip on the rear so thickened the centre diff and thinned the rear. I am also running as per Jeff's recommendation blue front springs. I have not had the suspension problems you are talking about though.

Mark, let me know when your at Herts next and I will bring my car along and you can maybe give me some pointers? I need some help with tyre choice and tips on driving????

dmcracing
19-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I am running the car here in ireland,with no proplems,Once setup its savage!if you need any help with setup for astro just ask.Maybe pete can stick up his setup here?

OneKiwi
13-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Ive recently gotten one, but however can't run it here for a few months yet.

badger5
13-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Perhaps we could get a sticky on here for the 811 nitro and electric set ups. I know that the Serpent website has some for nitro car but nothing really for the e buggy.
I'be just got a 811be and would like to hear about your astro set ups, even if there for the nitro versions as a starting point.

OneKiwi
13-12-2011, 08:44 PM
what are they worth:
diffs
shock set + springs
chassis
bearing set
wheel drive shafts
arms
towers
battery/servo tray