PDA

View Full Version : All day meeting - 25th July 2010 - 3rd Round of Summer Series

mikeyscott
11-07-2010, 05:28 PM
The track will be open from about 08:00 with booking in to be completed by 09:15. Racing will commence shortly afterwards and we aim to be wrapped up around 16:00 (Pending numbers)..

We run an AMB timing system using BBK Software and have a few handout transponders with most racers using PTs

Come and join us and have a great day racing.

Champ table results can be found here - 2010 Summer Series (http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/)

We'll have limited Gazebo pit space by the track, but there is more parking just away from the track on hardcore.

We have an on site Porta Loo which is clean and tidy (sharing with the flying club.)

Costs will be as normal, with the exception where people want to do two classes it'll be 50% of the booking in fee again.

5 for members and 7 for non members

Any questions please PM SteveB or myself as we are the active comittee members for the club on Oople.

I'm sure other TORCH members will contribute to this thread as normal!

Make sure you bring your BRCA cards please.

if you haven't attended TORCH before can you please send me your details etc.

For those that haven't attended TORCH before, please visit our website www.torchracing.org.uk

Will anyone give Steve a run for his money etc?

No football this time :thumbsup:

Hope to see the regulars and new racers!

Randall34
12-07-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm in Mike, 2wd only. Cougar SV's maiden run.:woot:

mikeyscott
12-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm in Mike, 2wd only. Cougar SV's maiden run.:woot:

Good man, you'll have to try and remember the track! :p

super gripper
12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
2 and 4 for me, thought I couldn't make this one but had the dates wrong in my head......

Looking forward to some close racing again. I will have my lad with me so thats another Tamiya in, he will be doing 4wd

Plus Nige will be back for this one, yep....another Tamiya :p

Matt-h
12-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I wont be there. 2WD regional at Stotfold.

mikeyscott
12-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I wont be there. 2WD regional at Stotfold.

Shame, but good luck!

wylie
12-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Dam it, i'm working :thumbdown:

mikeyscott
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Dam it, i'm working :thumbdown:

Do you work every last Sunday :( as we haven't seen you at the summer series yet?

Time to swap / take holiday ?

SteveB
12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Any chance of Schumacher South Team again??????

wylie
12-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Do you work every last Sunday :( as we haven't seen you at the summer series yet?

Time to swap / take holiday ?
Run out of hols and i work every other weekend :mad:

mikeyscott
13-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Run out of hols and i work every other weekend :mad:

Can you not swap a weekend?

Crazy L
17-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I'll be there, back with the db01. Just rebuilding my diff the Lee Martin way :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
17-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Cool.

I think I am going to do 4WD this time. Not sure or do alternate rounds.

Randall34
18-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Alternate rounds is ok, but you still have to marshal two heats every round. I'd say race both in the first round (to post a time) then play the next few heats by ear(ie 1 x 4wd and 2x 2wd) Its only the finals that score points after all.
It'll be 2wd only for me, and a very nervous few heats while i get used to the new car. Hopefully, it'll stay in one piece till the final.

mikeyscott
18-07-2010, 11:00 AM
There are points for FTD

You'll be fine

kev-h
18-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I wont be there. 2WD regional at Stotfold.:)

mikeyscott
18-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Shame :(

Who is off to Stotfold then ?

Matt-h
18-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Me
Kev
Mark T
Simon C (99%)
Sam M

wayne
19-07-2010, 03:38 PM
hey ppl...prob wont be doing all day events till i can get myself on par with things ....if thats ok
some ppl noticed my car was not running at its best on sunday ...ive since found out ..my cells [which are brand new] are al dud n cant handle the new fster stuff ...but im on the case and hopefully the problem will be solved [new cells ] ...see you all in two weeks:thumbsup:

mikeyscott
19-07-2010, 03:43 PM
hey ppl...prob wont be doing all day events till i can get myself on par with things ....if thats ok
some ppl noticed my car was not running at its best on sunday ...ive since found out ..my cells [which are brand new] are al dud n cant handle the new fster stuff ...but im on the case and hopefully the problem will be solved [new cells ] ...see you all in two weeks:thumbsup:

If you need to get new batteries I'd get LIPOs. Best way to learn is to come to these events. more time for people to help etc etc.

Matt-h
19-07-2010, 03:48 PM
I second what Mike is saying here.

Unfortunately i wont be at the next all dayer, but it is a great opportunity for people to help out others.
During the morning meetings there just isnt enough time

wayne
19-07-2010, 04:57 PM
If you need to get new batteries I'd get LIPOs. Best way to learn is to come to these events. more time for people to help etc etc.
Hi fella .......yeah i will get to lipo's as soon as funds are available[soon i hope] as my new speedo can take me so thats ok ,ive got and getting better cell's,

I m sure the best way to learn is at all day meetings but my problem is im a carrer for my partner as she is disabled[as well as 3 brats lol] and at the momment i can only do the sunday mornings so hope thats ok [hence bugdet racing cos had to give up work ]

mw02veg
19-07-2010, 07:07 PM
hey just thought i would pop in and have a look. schumacher south wont be down for a while yet! going to stotfold this weekend for the regional (bit of practice) as the national is in 3 weeks and then basicaly straight after that its the euros and after the euros a few will be doing the end of seasons meetings. might be next year now.
have a good meeting

mikeyscott
19-07-2010, 07:27 PM
Enjoy Stotfold, euros and everything else.

Hoping for an EPR event soon.

wayne
20-07-2010, 11:52 AM
due to some kind ppl ...i am able to make the sunday all day meetings ...and with me new cells ,there should be no problems :thumbsup:.

so see you all sunday morning

wayne

SteveB
20-07-2010, 08:33 PM
We had a cracking weeks racing last weekend, with quite a few drivers beating there PB`s, so well done, results will be posted by Mike soon.

Any news on the following drivers, John K, Malcolm N, Rob W, have not seen them for a few weeks and wondered if we will see them Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing some great racing this weekend.

wayne
21-07-2010, 08:29 AM
im looking forward to this sunday [first all dayer] ...does it work the same as the morning only races? or is it bit more chilled n not as fast as sunday mornings?..sorry i guess there silly questions lol ...and im just curious as to what to epect

RobW
21-07-2010, 10:34 AM
We had a cracking weeks racing last weekend, with quite a few drivers beating there PB`s, so well done, results will be posted by Mike soon.

Any news on the following drivers, John K, Malcolm N, Rob W, have not seen them for a few weeks and wondered if we will see them Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing some great racing this weekend.

Unfortunately cannot make Sunday as have family stuff - beach party.

Shame as I have only had one chance so far to run the cougar sv (at the last all-dayer) and did not really get to grips with it - I blame the old thumbs.

Hopefully get to a meeting soon.

mikeyscott
21-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately cannot make Sunday as have family stuff - beach party.

Shame as I have only had one chance so far to run the cougar sv (at the last all-dayer) and did not really get to grips with it - I blame the old thumbs.

Hopefully get to a meeting soon.

Shame, hope to see you at the next one :)

This will be my last meeting as a single bloke!

Wayne, well done and you'll find things at a better pace which assists people in helping out and fine tuning etc.

It's also dicated by the pace of the meeting etc.

mikeyscott
21-07-2010, 03:30 PM
JE Spares are kindly providing prizes for this weekend.

Randall34
21-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Nice one - not that i'll be getting one. Unless its a raffle! i'll have more chance of winning that.

mikeyscott
21-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Nice one - not that i'll be getting one. Unless its a raffle! i'll have more chance of winning that.

I'll raise this tonight. We generally do prizes for top 3 of all finals.

wayne
21-07-2010, 04:55 PM
im actually looking forward to it ...be my first all dayer n im hoping to learn as much as i can aswell :thumbsup:..and ive been testing n making sure the ratty thing works ..and with the new cells its defo made a massive change .:thumbsup:

Randall34
22-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Have you been doing a lunch break or just firing on thru?
And what is the expected finish time? (i know it depends on numbers but a ballpark)?
Hope Steve has a supply of schuy wheels and tyres.

mikeyscott
22-07-2010, 08:03 AM
Pending on numbers, but we have broke for lunch in the past.

mikeyscott
22-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I have secured some raffle prizes for this weekend.

Randall34
22-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Way da go Mikey, gettin it done!

Crazy L
24-07-2010, 07:36 AM
we have broke for lunch in the past.

My car is usually broke by the finals :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

super gripper
24-07-2010, 10:27 AM
My car is usually broke by the finals :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No worrys mate, including yourself there will be 4 DB01's racing tomorrow :thumbsup:

Rekon we should have enough spares between us...........:lol:

mikeyscott
24-07-2010, 11:34 AM
No worrys mate, including yourself there will be 4 DB01's racing tomorrow :thumbsup:

Rekon we should have enough spares between us...........:lol:

Four!! ??

SXs going to be out gunned...

SteveB
24-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Four!! ??

SXs going to be out gunned...

But not out classed :p

super gripper
24-07-2010, 02:16 PM
But not out classed :p

posssibly not Steve but then you could beat most of us with an ice cream tub to be fair :cry:

mikeyscott
24-07-2010, 05:33 PM
posssibly not Steve but then you could beat most of us with an ice cream tub to be fair :cry:

Maybe we should try that etc.

Raffle prizes for tomorrow have been delivered :)

Looking forward, just hope it's not a late one tonight gettting this ready. Just got to remember where the track is... :p

SteveB
24-07-2010, 07:39 PM

Like to have a go at a tamiya at some point.

Nice to see some new faces and if anyone want any help just ask :)

Matt-h
24-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Have a good one tomorrow guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mikeyscott
25-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks to all that came today even if it was a long day. I'll be back in about a month

mikeyscott
25-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Have a good one tomorrow guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope Stotfold went well :)

mikeyscott
25-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Thank you to JE Spares for the prizes :)

super gripper
25-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Like to have a go at a tamiya at some point.

Nice to see some new faces and if anyone want any help just ask :)

Fantastic day all be it very busy for me running 2 and 4wd plus my boy running 4wd too

I won't be racing next weekend as I have to take my kids back.

so see you all in two weeks

Steve, you are welcome to drive my Tamiya and show me how fast it should go........:woot:

Gray
25-07-2010, 05:49 PM
yep really enjoyed todays meeting, had some great battles in the finals and the cougar sv worked well when i crashed less:)
cheers Gray

mikeyscott
25-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Results are being uploaded at the moment and will be online in about 20 mins.

Nice one people and roll on the next round :)

I am so only doing one class from now on! Prob the one Steve isn't doing :p

If people want to suggest things for the next round then please get in touch :)

mikeyscott
25-07-2010, 07:34 PM
http://www.torchracing.org.uk/results/index.htm

Results now online

wayne
26-07-2010, 08:01 AM
hi...having a look at my lap times ..i am slowly getting quicker n quicker :thumbsup: now if i can solve te problems ill be sorted .....speaking of problems ....after stripping n rebuildindin i noticed there was vertualy no brushes left on the motor ...pos reason im having battery probs [brush not connecting properly n arching] so if any one knows where i can get some id appreciate it

thanks

Randall34
27-07-2010, 10:28 PM
I had a really good day, great to be back at TORCH, i missed it.
Cougar ran very well, just need to practice more. I did get 2 personal bests tho. But still the slowest SV in the A final.
Which i have to say was very Prima Donna, too much whinging and moaning. I think a ten car final is too many for TORCH's narrow track and small rostrum. It was chaos in the first final (tis only my opinion tho) I understand the effect that less cars would have on the points total, but isn't that what the qualifying is supposed to do. Personally i would prefer to race people at the same standard as me and not feel pressured when starting 9th in the A, Its OK for Steve and Dan because they start half a straight ahead and rarely see any first corner carnage. Maybe a reversed grid would make for an interesting race. (i'm only jealous btw).
I will practice more and try to keep improving, maybe then i can mix it.
See you all next time.

SteveB
30-07-2010, 09:37 PM
I had a really good day, great to be back at TORCH, i missed it.
Cougar ran very well, just need to practice more. I did get 2 personal bests tho. But still the slowest SV in the A final.
Which i have to say was very Prima Donna, too much whinging and moaning. I think a ten car final is too many for TORCH's narrow track and small rostrum. It was chaos in the first final (tis only my opinion tho) I understand the effect that less cars would have on the points total, but isn't that what the qualifying is supposed to do. Personally i would prefer to race people at the same standard as me and not feel pressured when starting 9th in the A, Its OK for Steve and Dan because they start half a straight ahead and rarely see any first corner carnage. Maybe a reversed grid would make for an interesting race. (i'm only jealous btw).
I will practice more and try to keep improving, maybe then i can mix it.
See you all next time.

A fair point Neil, I always will go with what the members suggest and value most. If the members on the day want 8 car finals thats what will do, just needs to be in all peoples interest. If you look at the Tom Smith qualified 9th and has made some fantstic progress with driving/attitude. He may have liked to qualitfied 1st in B or the opportunity to make an impression in the A may have been his preference.

Both yourself and Dan drove the SV for the first time Sunday and both did fairly well. You need to fine tune the car to your choice. I have a good set up, but I would suggest the next time Simon Crabb comes down to have a look at his, his cars looks the safest car out there and well worth checking out.

Will miss this weeks racing :cry:, have a good mornings racing.;)

mikeyscott
30-07-2010, 09:56 PM
We had a few over emotional people up there.

Wonder if it'll be a 10 car SV final next time!

Personally I'd like to be able to stand a chance of getting at the sharp end. So if you limit it then that rules that situation out. It is busy I agree.

I'd rather finish 10th in the A than in the B. As Steve says it'll be raised at drivers briefing next time.

If you look at the times it's pretty close. With the exception of a few.

Randall34
31-07-2010, 10:55 PM
For me, its about racing and having a decent ding dong battle, not being moaned at by people because they had to overtake me or i added a tenth of a second to their lap time. I want it to be fun, i have enough stress during the week at work, i don't need it with my hobby too.
This is all just a personal opinion, and as i can't travel down to TORCH every week it doesn't really matter.

mikeyscott
31-07-2010, 11:06 PM
For me, its about racing and having a decent ding dong battle, not being moaned at by people because they had to overtake me or i added a tenth of a second to their lap time. I want it to be fun, i have enough stress during the week at work, i don't need it with my hobby too.
This is all just a personal opinion, and as i can't travel down to TORCH every week it doesn't really matter.

I didn't think we had this problem. I agree two individuals got a bit upset with each other.

Please email me the "other" incedents?