PDA

View Full Version : core tx issues...is it just me...

kitesurfer73
13-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Had my core RC for 2 months really great controller well till last sunday when for some reason the car seems to have stopped being binding to the tx...
Started first in the race car would just stop,thought it was overheating how wrong was i...3 times on sunday just stopped,so binded as manual says bind plug then wait for the green light to go solid which happened once had throttle for about 3 seconds then stopped again..now when trying to bind just flashers at me:(:(:(
Reckon its knackered,my car took some heavy crashes on the last heat at bury, thought that might have knocked something..

Just wondering if i should send back to schmacher or i see modelsport are doing a receiver>>>>>> Etronix Pulse EX3G 2.4GHz Receiver (http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=36669)its same as core in copy by looks of things and only 21.00 quid will this bind with my core straight off...

(http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=36669)

jim76
13-07-2010, 07:55 PM
i imagine your tx and rx are still under warranty. contact schumacher and they may replace for you. A few minority people have had issues with theirs and sent them back for replacements

DCM
13-07-2010, 07:55 PM
they are the same units, so you could in the mean time, buy the Etronix receiver and send the Core one back to Schumacher?

JezT
03-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Is the Etronix RX definately the same unit? Is anyone running the Core RC TX with the Etronix RX, with no issues, to confirm this?

Don't want to shell out 20 quid if they're not compatible......

Dave77
08-08-2010, 07:30 PM
I have had the same problem with my Code radio Kitesurfer

Bought it from Modelsport a couple of months ago, firstly it just stopped, I thought it had overheated too, but nope it had just lost the binding. Went through the process to re-bind it and it was ok the next time I used it. Just tried it today again and cant get it to bind at all.

Have it boxed up and will send it back tomorrow, if its just the rx's that are the probs easier to just post that off I guess but will contact Modelsport first. Also worth having a spare if those ones at 21quid work.

Not a good start to my "new" racing career.......:cry:

autonm
08-08-2010, 07:47 PM
not the best post ive read - I was going to order on of these tomorrow. My other TX just broke, and dont have £300 to buy an upper-market TX:(

JezT
13-08-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm not saying I've had problems with the code TX/RX (in fact it has been faultless so far); Was just going to buy another RX to save keep swapping it between my sons 2 cars. Just wanted to know if the Etronix is compatible. (thus saving £10 on the price of the code RX)

kabilay
15-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Sorry guys, just one question, the cables from the servo/esc how are connected.The white cable goes on the side of the "sticker" of the receiver? I hope you understood my silly connection:blush: Thanks

Dave77
15-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Have it boxed up and will send it back tomorrow, if its just the rx's that are the probs easier to just post that off I guess but will contact Modelsport first.

Just an update mine was sent back last monday and I had it back within 3 days. The "receipt" says "TX Warranty Replacement".

Tried to contact Modelsport to talk to them and find out what the problem was but couldnt get through.

I put it back in the car and its working no problem so far. No quibble from Modelsport and quick turnaround. Great Service.

scotty77
18-12-2010, 10:19 PM
I wonder if anyone can help me on a similar issue. I have the etronix receiver and transmitter and am trying to get it to bind, but when I have the bind plug in and turn on the power to the receiver nothing happens. If I take the bind plug out the led on the receiver starts flashing but obviously won't then bind to the transmitter?

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

mattJT
19-12-2010, 12:22 AM
I wonder if anyone can help me on a similar issue. I have the etronix receiver and transmitter and am trying to get it to bind, but when I have the bind plug in and turn on the power to the receiver nothing happens. If I take the bind plug out the led on the receiver starts flashing but obviously won't then bind to the transmitter?

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

With my FSGT, that prob normally means that i've either put the bind plug into the wrong aux - have it the wrong way round in the right aux or that i'm not pressing the bind button before I turn the tx on :thumbsup:

dpackster1980
19-12-2010, 04:54 PM
I got an Etronix and it just stopped and it would't bind. Took it back to the shop and got the replacement straight away.

The throttle side failed and the receiver went into failsafe mode. :bored:

For £71.00 I doubt they'll last forever but I rather drop an Etronix than a KO or Futaba. :thumbsup:

So far so good apart from the car went into failsafe mode when the voltage dropped below 9v on the transmitter, the charge light didn't come on though???

ray carey
19-12-2010, 07:19 PM
had one of these sets, had loads of problems so sent back to the shop. shame though, that was over 2 months ago, i like this shop as they are very quick with the delivery on everything else, have contacted them several times, but keep getting told that they havent heard from schumacher. so i contacted schumacher and they said it was replaced in october to the shop, hmmmm!!!!! what can i do now???? dont want to give the shop a bad name, HELP

Darren Boyle
19-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Ray, dont worry you can mention it if you like, happy to accept it was us who were the shop you refer to...

I spoke to Schumacher on friday for you and have been told they sent your radio back to us two months ago, a date that was......... over 10 days before we even sent it to them!!

We are going to send you a brand new one from our own stock on Monday morning (either a CORE or an equivalent ETRONIX if we have no CORE's) and then take up the issue of "where the hell is yours" with Schumacher ourselves, but enough is enough, we are not keeping you waiting any longer whilst we wait. We have another issue with Schumacher at present over a faulty item that is going to cost the customer more to return than the item is worth at cost price but they are not exactly bending over backwards to help us with that issue neither sadly...

ray carey
20-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Im feel bad now, just glad I like shopping from you guys, I do realise its not you. I have always given you thumbs up at my local club. Thankyou for sending out another transmitter, very much appreciated. Merry Xmas.

grimidol
20-12-2010, 12:42 PM
wow nice to see a company ( dms racing) sort some thing out most shops would not even read this forums let alone sort it out well done Darren :)

mattJT
20-12-2010, 01:01 PM
wow nice to see a company ( dms racing) sort some thing out most shops would not even read this forums let alone sort it out well done Darren :)

+1 :thumbsup:

(tis nice to see some positive festive cheer in at least one thread at the mo)

nites
21-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Is the Etronix RX definately the same unit? Is anyone running the Core RC TX with the Etronix RX, with no issues, to confirm this?

Don't want to shell out 20 quid if they're not compatible......

Hi, i can definately tell you that the etronix rx will bind with the core tx you have, i recently picked up the etronix for my core set and it bound just fine.

Cooper
08-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Mine was dead also today, would not bind anymore, tried 2 receivers.
Thing goes back to the shop and I'm hoping for a nice service :-).

Looks like I'm not the only one....

ASKay
22-08-2011, 09:21 PM
I have also just had a problem, spent most of the night trying to bind a new Core RC receiver, finally i took one from my Cat (same type) and tried to bind that, worked first time no issues, so definately faulty RX. Sending back tomorrow, and hoping for better luck on the replacement...

Darren Wales
22-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Im not an expert, but when this happened to me with an Etronix, it was a problem with the DHSS version. Not sure if that has been the same with the others on here, but when mine was replaced with the new FHSS version the problem disappeared.

CML were fantastic with me. Hope you have the same result.

Darren

ASKay
22-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Unfortunately not...

This is a FHSS, Core RC CR151....

The first TX, RX set I bought is fine, not a single issue, and works like a dream, the second RX i bought for my 2WD car, is failing to bind... the LEDs are doing a different thing to the original one that bound ok, would check part numbers but this would mean removing the one that works from some very very sticky servo tape....

I guess it is just one of those things, cheap items are that way for a reason, and it prob costs too much to put a End of Line test in place...

Cheers

Alex