PDA

View Full Version : A few Q's

4_cell_racer
13-08-2007, 12:03 AM
I just obtained a B4, and was told B3 wheels don't fit :confused: I've tried the B3 wheels I have and noticed that they seem to make the B4 wider :o . I know the max width is 250mm for any Regionals and Nationals, so I'm asking the Q for club meets (for now!!)

B4 with B4 wheels
Rear (arms level) = around 245mm
front (arms level) = around 245mm

B4 with B3 wheels
Rear (arms level) = around 260mm
Front (arms level) = around 254mm

Now My Q's are

Will the handleing of my B4 be made worst useing the B3 wheels (until I get some more B4 wheels)

Will any other make of wheel fit the B4 axles (front and rear)?

Also with regards to tires/inserts.......what sort will I require for the tracks in the Mid West section of the regionals (Oswestry, Kidderminster, Stoke, Coventry)? Wet n Dry selections please

Any other help gratefully received ;)

Cheers

Lee

Lee Martin
13-08-2007, 07:34 AM
B3 wheels will make you B4 handle very edgy and strange.

losi wheels fit the rear of a B4. but the fronts are a one off im afraid!

ashleyb4
13-08-2007, 10:53 AM
As for tyres Oswestry, stoke, marston etc all run schumacher yellow mini spikes in the dry and Ballistic buggy green spike in the wet. At kiddy its sort of being depated which is best some people like to run schuamcher yellow mini spikes but others like to run Ballisitic buggy green spike. As at the beggining of the year they changed the control tyres at nationals and regionals so now we are only aloud to run spikes not pins.

There are also some new tyres that are coming out called cone spikes by a company called grp which are cheaper than schumachers but they are still not proven alot of people run them at batley yesterday and saterday and said they where good. But they are not on the controlled tyre list for mid west regionals or nationals this year. Im not sure about next year but im sure if they work they may be added.

You can also my cheap b4 wheels that are made by JC wheels but they do come with the narrow front wheels which does make your car handel slightly diffrent i recomend getting proline wheels.

As for inserts most people run medium inserts or a insert called snee blue's. For some reason i like soft inserts but its proberly better to run medium or snee inserts.

Hope ive helped.

A

4_cell_racer
13-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks Pidge and Ashley for the replies ;) You've helped a lot.....

Where can I find the list of the controled tires???

Also I've read on th forum about "snee blues" inserts! BUT what make are they? and are they called snee blues or is it a nickname they've got :confused:

Are the Proline wheels stiffer than the AE and JC ones?

What sort of motor/s should I be looking at for racing?

Sorry for all the Q's but its changed a lot since I last raced 10th off road :rolleyes: (or at least it seems that way lol )

Cheers

Lee

jimmy
13-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I think the inserts 'snee' used to sell are now owned by MTroniks - and they distribute them afaik. Another option is the EDIT foams which I'm lead to believe have similar properties and are probably going to be easier to get hold of.

ashleyb4
13-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks Pidge and Ashley for the replies ;) You've helped a lot.....

Where can I find the list of the controled tires???

Also I've read on th forum about "snee blues" inserts! BUT what make are they? and are they called snee blues or is it a nickname they've got :confused:

Are the Proline wheels stiffer than the AE and JC ones?

What sort of motor/s should I be looking at for racing?

Sorry for all the Q's but its changed a lot since I last raced 10th off road :rolleyes: (or at least it seems that way lol )

Cheers

Lee

Well there isnt a list of control tyres its more of just control tyres this year of mid west regionals and the UK national series are:

Schumacher mini spike any compound
Ballisitic buggy spike any compound

The control tyre only aplies to the rear axle only front is free choice.

With the snee inserts i think there is a company hat make an insert very similar but im not sure i got mine from a model shop at bury national so its proberly hopefully someone should have a better anser but a medium insert does the same job just as well.

Motor wise for 2wd i know you are not a newbie to driving so it would proberly be best for you to get osmething like a 12t as for manafacturer i would recomend an orion v2 revolution which is what i run or you could get an checkpoint motor which are also very good motors.

You could also if you want to spend some money get a bruhsless system if so a 7.5 would be a sensible option or you could get a 6.5 which is a bit faster but inmo its to quick.

If you want a good starting setup for most mid west tracks give us a shout.

A

Southwell
13-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Im pretty sure the b3 wheels are different offsets.

ashleyb4
16-08-2007, 11:10 PM
So lee will we be seeing you at coventry this sunday???

A

4_cell_racer
17-08-2007, 12:08 AM
So lee will we be seeing you at coventry this sunday???

A
No mate, for 2 reasons....1) not got all the equipment needed and 2) GF is about to have a baby any day ;)

I'll be looking at doing some next year though

ashleyb4
17-08-2007, 12:11 AM
No mate, for 2 reasons....1) not got all the equipment needed and 2) GF is about to have a baby any day ;)

I'll be looking at doing some next year though

Oh good luck with the baby exciting time for you.

Cool hope to see you about next year then

A

4_cell_racer
17-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Oh good luck with the baby exciting time for you. Thanks Ashley

Cool hope to see you about next year then Fingers crossed mate

A
4_cell