PDA

View Full Version : OK, 2 Rounds in, what do you think of the carpet?

bedsrcmcc
23-07-2010, 10:36 PM
We've now had two rounds (three meetings if you count the one before the Championship started) and I wanted to see what people thought about the carpet...

For me it has certainly improved the racing spectacle with the grip levels making for some great wheel to wheel racing and body rubbing (that's the car bodies!!) which would not have been possible without the carpet as before you'd all spin off! The racing is harder I feel, but harder in a competitive way as there is no give or take at the top now :woot:

I think Paul has done a fantastic job with getting the track setup and ready to run and put away quickly too. The new track markers are working well too.

What do you all think?

mi3.5
24-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi

I think that the carpet is growing on me - but I still think that the polished wooden floor racing still had something of a strange attraction!

I think Paul has done a superb job and is a worthy track officer :thumbsup: - who else do you know that turns up just to set up the track even when he is not staying to race.

It was also great to see Nick in the A-final.

I was disappointed to see in the A-final that despite the leader being several laps ahead of the other drivers that a couple of people (who should know better) made it almost impossible for him to get cleanly past.
We all know who is the top driver at the club and he is not only very talented but is one of the most courteous members on the track that we have.
I understand that close racing is fun but when someone is clearly leading you don't deliberately get in the way - two cars were damaged in the A-final due to a result of this bad driving and that isn't fun.......

Tim

HPI Paul
26-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the comments Tim. Equally I would like to give a big thanks to those that get stuck in each week and help set up and pack away the track, it makes a big difference and your effort is appreciated. If anyone has any comments or thoughts on how we can improve the track layout or how we store it etc, all comments are appreciated.

With regard to the 'racing incidents', perhaps we should introduce a 'sin bin' or drive through penalty or summut. Thing is, we have been here before and if I remember rightly we discussed the best thing is for people to talk to each other on the rostrum and certainly the A-Final should be setting the standard for driver etiquette... perhaps we need a race director with a blue flag....... or perhaps we could invite Felippe Massa along one evening for a masterclass on how to let people through cleanly :lol:.

Ross
26-07-2010, 08:54 PM
....... or perhaps we could invite Felippe Massa along one evening for a masterclass on how to let people through cleanly :lol:.

:woot::woot::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

Jon R
28-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Overall I would say the carpet is a great success so far :thumbsup: everyone's driving standard seems to have improved. This is demonstrated by Nicks great drive on Friday (Well done and congrats on getting in the A Final mate!). And I think everyone will continue to get better as we adjust to the change in grip level.

I would also like to say a big thanks to Paul, the track marking equipment is top class! And it is great to see everyone really helping with setting up and packing away, hope this continues :)

I have a quick question in terms of the track layouts, are we going to try and modify the existing layouts we have (as we have lost a bit of space near the stairs to the stage) or will we design a few new ones too? I only ask as I have a few ideas for some if you wouldn't seeing them :lol:

HPI Paul
28-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Jon - we should be ok with having to work around the stage, probably will need to tweak it a bit. More ideas the better mate :thumbsup: - you can take the lead with setting out the track on friday if you want.

If no one has any objections, I think it would be good to experiment with some different track layouts for the remainder of the championships - I can slowly introduce some more corner pieces to make things more interesting ;).