PDA

View Full Version : RB 5 PISTONS

BREEZER
16-08-2007, 11:06 AM
When speaking to Natham Ralls he suggested that I drilled my pistons out to 1.5mm as he said this was A great improvement on his LAZERZX5 and we all no how well he went with that car maybe "WOODSY"should do some back to back brain storming with NATHAN as he is very cluded up on the ZX5 plus most approachable. I look forward to the progress this may bring to the RB5.Also any one got a good GRASS set up.
Good Racing,
MARTIN.

jim76
16-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Woody has found a great set up for his RB5. I'm just waiting for him/jimmy to post it up here!!!!!! [HUGE hint/nudge!]

mart
16-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Not sure about drilling the pistons out, but i've been running the 2c's up front with 35wt & green losi springs & 2b in the rear with 30wt & pink losi springs. Cars been handling the bumps well round Coventry and is up with the pace of the B4's.

A change i've made which i felt has made a great inprovement from kit is running the front hub carrier in the forward position on the wishbone (lengthening the wheel base). Made the car less twichy and more consistant to drive with no loss of overall steering.

Has any one else tired this?

BREEZER
17-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi Mart, how much did you cut off the front springs.
THANKS,
MARTIN.

mart
17-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Think i cut 2 coils off so they was the same length as the kit springs.

caneye
17-08-2007, 03:46 PM
A change i've made which i felt has made a great inprovement from kit is running the front hub carrier in the forward position on the wishbone (lengthening the wheel base). Made the car less twichy and more consistant to drive with no loss of overall steering.

which part exactly are u referring to?:wtf:

Martin-Barbour
17-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Hi Mart,

Can I ask a dumb question?

To lengthen the wheelbase, did you simply put the 3mm spacer (part #31) behind the hub carrier?

I relativley new to RC and no-one else at my local club runs an RB5 so information like this is really useful, I just need to know how to implement it...

Thanks

Martin

caneye
18-08-2007, 11:15 AM
mmbaba - i have reread your question & Mart's suggestion. yes, i believe u have got the right part.
i gotta try this next time.