PDA

View Full Version : How many rounds to count?

Jamie.T
28-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Sorry if this question has already been answered, but ive searched and cannot find it. Considering we now have an extra round this year at COBRA, how many rounds will count for the end of season results and standings?

Also, is the last round still on at Taly? i really hope so as that place is awesome.

Jamie.........

Pops
28-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Not 100% Jamie but i thought it was best 3 rounds to count.:confused:

axeman
28-07-2010, 06:24 PM
it will be 1/2 of the total rounds plus 1 to count
Yes taly is still on for the final round:)

Pops
28-07-2010, 07:33 PM
it will be 1/2 of the total rounds plus 1 to count:)

How many rounds are there now? So 6 rounds will be 3+1 yeah...

DCM
28-07-2010, 08:06 PM
it is 50%+1 to count

peetbee
28-07-2010, 08:10 PM
So how many rounds are there?
Still 5 or has an extra one been added?

Belsten
28-07-2010, 08:23 PM
So if its 50%+1 and there are now 6 rounds, that makes it 4 in my book :thumbdown:

Pops
28-07-2010, 08:35 PM
So if its 50%+1 and there are now 6 rounds, that makes it 4 in my book :thumbdown:

Thats what i was getting at Dave! Can anyone give a definate answer on how many rounds there are?

GRIFF55
28-07-2010, 08:44 PM
not only that, isn't a meeting only supposed to be held at one per club?
The first being cobras round?????

Or if it is to go ahead, why not on the date that talywain has for the last one???

peetbee
28-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Looking at the original calendar (as posted by Griff in the Cobra round thread) there were 6 rounds, so using the 50% + 1 rule then you would need to do 4 rounds.
If there's now 7 rounds I don't know how you work it out!

What happens if you can't do the minimum rounds, for example if I did 3 rounds do I just get excluded completely or do I count the points from those 3 to get my total?

dorris
28-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Halves normally round up so 50% + 1 of 7 rounds would mean 5 to count.

What happens if you can't do the minimum rounds, for example if I did 3 rounds do I just get excluded completely or do I count the points from those 3 to get my total?If you fail to do the minimum number of rounds then you would not have posted a championship score so would be excluded.

not only that, isn't a meeting only supposed to be held at one per club? The first being cobras round?????As I understand the various posts, COBRA could not use either of the dates pencilled in so Talywain stepped in to host the first meet but it was not on behalf of COBRA.... therefore they haven't held a round. I believe it is normally one round per club..... but everyone here must be aware that in recent years clubs have stepped in to help out when there have been problems, effectively giving some clubs two or three rounds in one series.

...and finally... instead of people having strops on here about the whys and wherefores shouldn't someone ask 'H' why he has offered this unscheduled round to COBRA in the first place... simplez.

Dyna
28-07-2010, 10:58 PM
What happens if you can't do the minimum rounds, for example if I did 3 rounds do I just get excluded completely or do I count the points from those 3 to get my total?

Although im sure Dorris is right about not theoretically having a Championship score if you dont do the required number of rounds, i would think there's a strong case for people who can only do the originally quoted minimum number of rounds to get a score to get their F license for next season - if a new date is added halfway through the season it does seem very unfair for people who scheduled their summer to race certain dates then suddenly half way through the season are told they have to find room for another meeting to qualify ? Especially if they are doing other races or holidays or whatnot, it can be hard to find time to do another meeting to qualify.

Perhaps someone in the WRCA can clarify this point ?

DCM
28-07-2010, 11:10 PM
If I remember rightly, and I don't have the constitution in front of me to read, so this is going from memory of how it is worked out.

You best scores are tallied up, so you have to work out how many rounds count (which is 50%+1 and you round up half figures).
So, those who have completed the required rounds or more, will always be above those who haven't completed the required rounds.

In the past, I don't think any have been excluded from the F Grading system that is in place (top 20% F2 etc, the workings ARE on the BRCA website). So if you haven't done the required rounds your not going to get an F2. But it also then depends on what people have scored and how many HAVE attended the minimum rounds, as to whether you get seeded F3, 4 or 5.

Don't quote me that this is OFFICIAL as it is from memory of the past 7 years or so.

dorris
28-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Although im sure Dorris is right about not theoretically having a Championship score if you dont do the required number of rounds, i would think there's a strong case for people who can only do the originally quoted minimum number of rounds to get a score to get their F license for next season - if a new date is added halfway through the season it does seem very unfair for people who scheduled their summer to race certain dates then suddenly half way through the season are told they have to find room for another meeting to qualify ? Especially if they are doing other races or holidays or whatnot, it can be hard to find time to do another meeting to qualify.I would agree with the unfairness issue.... from the original calendar there should be 6 rounds therefore 4 to count. However, if a round or two is rained off then you can only have 50% + 1 of the completed/scoring rounds.

It looks to me like an executive decision from the WRCA committee is required.

DCM
28-07-2010, 11:14 PM
It looks to me like an executive decision from the WRCA committee is required.

Then I suggest that you contact your Chairman about this matter, to either get clariciation or a discussion between Club chairs and the WRCA over this matter, no point going round and round in circles on here?

dorris
28-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Doesn't need masses of discussions... it is quite simple, 50% + 1 of the completed rounds is what it should be. If force majeure is for less than that number to count then the WRCA chairman needs to state what that number should be.

Dyna
29-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I've worked out a solution.

As its 50% + 1 to count and we now have ( apparently ) 7 rounds, so its 3.5 + 1 =4.5 rounds to count. So you do 4 rounds, then do the first 2 and a 1/2 heats of the 5th round and your done ! :thumbsup:

No ? Ah well, i thought it sounded good :lol:

Roy
29-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I've worked out a solution.

As its 50% + 1 to count and we now have ( apparently ) 7 rounds, so its 3.5 + 1 =4.5 rounds to count. So you do 4 rounds, then do the first 2 and a 1/2 heats of the 5th round and your done ! :thumbsup:

No ? Ah well, i thought it sounded good :lol:

I like the sound of that, can you think of any more, there must be loads of options..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

On a more serious note I'm sure the normal way of establishing "rounds to count" actually always round down.

If there was 5 rounds then it would be 5 * 50% = 2.5 round to down 2 plus 1 resulting in 3 to count.

6 rounds would be 6*50% = 3 plus 1 resulting in 4 rounds to count
7 rounds would be 7*50% = 3.5 round down to 3 plus 1 resulting in 4 to count
8 rounds would be 8*50% = 4 plus 1 resulting in 5 rounds to count
9 rounds would be 9*50% = 4.5 round down to 4 plus 1 resulting in 5 to count

As said in previous posts, all this is dependent on an "official" response from the WRCA Committee / Chairman

DCM
29-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Right, I have text Hywel to clarify this matter, so can we hold any more posts till after clarification.

Pops
29-07-2010, 02:48 PM
So if the first round wasent cobras it must have been tallys... So which of tallys 2 rounds will be cancelled results wise?(as already said a club can only hold 1 round under its banner) Then leaving 50% of 6+1 = 4 again.:)

DCM
29-07-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't believe there are any rules relating to clubs only holding one round.

Lets stop speculating and wait for the Chairman to comment.

Jamie.T
29-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Lets stop speculating and wait for the Chairman to comment.

Where is the Chairman to comment then? Is he hiding away to avoid the arguments perhaps.

Jamie.....

DCM
29-07-2010, 09:00 PM
He is reading it, and so has Paul Worlsey, I am sure Hywel will be here to comment later.

hywel
29-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Right gentlemen and Mr thomas i am not hiding away just working away .

with regard to the extra event added to the calender after we posted the original dates. this is a point scoring event as are all the other rounds

However in order NOT to disadvantage anyone who cannot or is unable to attend then under Rule 19.3 the scoring will be based on 50%plus 1 on the original calender of 6 events so you need to do 4 rounds to get your end of year points total in the championship.

hywel mills
Wrca chairman

[quote]19.3 At abandoned events where less than two rounds of qualifying have been completed, the event will be
declared null and void and no results declared. National events will not be re-scheduled and any relevant
championship qualification will be reduced accordingly (i.e. if there were 4 rounds to count from 6, then one
abandoned event would mean there are 3 rounds to count from 5, etc.).
Regional events can be rescheduled (subject to 6.5) at the discretion of the Regional Rep. If an event is
rescheduled to use a date not originally specified for any Class, then the number of events to count for the
Regional Championship in that Class will be reduced accordingly, to allow competitors to achieve the
minimum number of events using the original dates only.
If the normal Tie Deciding system of highest points does not achieve a result, then the highest Qualifying
position at the last event in the Series for the Class will be used to decide the tie.[/qoute]