PDA

View Full Version : North West Regional series

PaulRotheram
19-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Well, another year, another series completed.

Hope you all have a good seasons racing, and thank you to both members of Bury and Southport for making the effort to visit another. This year feels to of been one of the most competitive in a number of years.

The 4wd series has taken on well.. numbers dropped off today, but hopefully a few heats will be about next year.

Results will be posted over the next couple of days,

Top 3 of each:
2wd
1st Stu WoOdeh
2nd Chris Evison
3rd Paul 'FroOt' Rotheram

4wd
1st Barry 'Big hans' Weldon
2nd John 'the boss' Price
3rd Jimmy 'oOple' Storey

Hopefully Jimmy and stu will post pictures of the trophy giving.

Many thanks to all, and hope to see you in 2008.

Paul Rotheram

woOdy
19-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Had a good days racing today. Started off alittle wet but turned out dry in the end. I even had a round with sticks and won the fourth round:eh?: . The final was very interesting like always for Bury Metro. Also it was a great result for Kyosho and the RB5 as this car has still not had the respect it deserves! I just hope things will change for next year.

Stu
19-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, from all the drivers I'd like to thank the people who make it happen, Roger, Eric, and the rest of the club people who really do the work (you know who you are) for a good series.

Just as an aside, anyone who has competed in the series who wants to go to the EOS finals needs to contact me ASAP. A signed entry form needs to be with me this week as I'll be taking the entries to Stotfold for submitting.

Anyone who later decides they want to go will be in the hands of the 'Reserve-list-lottery"!

(The pics are all Jimmy's - it was his camera, not mine.)

woOdy
19-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Today I was pitting the the cabin with Damo and Stu Evans and it was very interesting to say at least. They showed me that they love the hobby and they dont get bothered if the day doesnt go so well. They dont even change the set ups on there cars where ever they go. I cant understand this part as I change my car every run to make it better for the conditions of the day and track. I even had a conversation with Damo about too much grip on the front end of his car and I said cut some spikes off the outer edge of his tyres but I got it in the neck. Thats money that is' he said. Just found it hard to believe really as I am totally different. Thanks very much guys for having a very different experience.:D

jimmy
19-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah good laugh - Enjoyed the North West series as it's a nice chilled affair on a couple of great tracks. I'm really pleased that after throwing the regional win away at least twice on the last laps this year I finally won one - I was thinking I was jinxed. :confused:

PaulRotheram
19-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Had a good days racing today. Started off alittle wet but turned out dry in the end. I even had a round with sticks and won the fourth round:eh?:

should of been my round that! haha.. i was devistated my car broke down on the last lap.. that would of been my first round win of the year i think.. The car performed well once i got settled in, supah happy.

still.. all fun n games!

MikePimlott
19-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Excellent season my first NW season both clubs are fantastic and have done excellent jobs over the year. Cheers all. :cool:

MikePimlott
22-08-2007, 07:45 AM
72 people had scored overall but only 27 managed to do at least 4 rounds. :mad:

RobHatcliffe
22-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Where did that info come from Mike? Are the final points up somewhere?

MikePimlott
22-08-2007, 08:53 AM
www.northernracer.com

Stus got them up on his site, There not on SRCC yet.

Mike.

RobHatcliffe
22-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks Mike, I was just looking on the Bury & Southport sites.

Can I add my thanks to Roger, Eric and all those who made the series possible - we really enjoyed it.

Evo_Snr
22-08-2007, 07:08 PM
The overall Positions are now up at www.srcc.co.uk (http://www.srcc.co.uk) the license grades will be sorted out after this weekends National:)