PDA

View Full Version : WBMCC Schumacher Indoor on-road championships

Dave Dodd
04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
West Bridgford Model Car Club Schumacher Indoor on-road championships. This is an Indoor electric on-road model car championship hosted by West Bridgford Model car club in association with Schumacher racing, makers and distributors of fine quality radio controlled products.

The dates for this years competition are as follows:
please note in previous years these events have taken place on Sundays, they have for this year been switched to Saturdays.

16.10.10, 20.11.10, 11.12.10, 15.01.11, 12.02.11, 12.03.11

6 rounds with 4 rounds to count. Each round will consist of three rounds of qualifying plus 2 leg finals for everyone. Championship points are awarded on both qualifying positions and also finals positions.

Classes that are run in the series are as follows.

Stock
Prostock
Minis

Rules can be found on the rules page of WBMCC (http://www.wbmcc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71&Itemid=75).
There is also an end of year raffle with prizes supplied by the club and our sponsors. Each entry to a round of series the gets you a ticket put into the box, so the more rounds you do, the more chance you have of winning a prize or multiple prizes in the raffle.

The West Bridgford School
Loughborough Road
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG2 7FA

Robbiejuk
30-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Pre-booking is now open. All pre-booking is being handled by the excellent www.rcracecontrol.com (http://www.rcracecontrol.com) Get on there, register all of your details and gets yourselves booked in for this great event.

Only 7 weeks to go

dogpinkscot
12-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Are you going to pull the carpet tight this year and use proper tape:thumbsup:

it would make racing more enjoyable i know your carpet is long but it might make sense to cut it down a little so it can be taped down and stretched each end:)

CougarRob
12-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Good news - the club has brand new carpet for this year..... no wrinkles....:thumbsup:

Dave Dodd
29-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Pre-booking is now open. All pre-booking is being handled by the excellent www.rcracecontrol.com (http://www.rcracecontrol.com) Get on there, register all of your details and gets yourselves booked in for this great event.

Only 7 weeks to go

now only 3 weeks to go ! :thumbsup:

carpet will be taped and stretched and even rolled if needed. :thumbsup:

Sponsered by Schumacher Racing. :D

Dave Dodd
14-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Its here!!!!!!!
no not the carpet :thumbdown: but the first round :thumbsup:

so get booked in....

shark
14-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Its here!!!!!!!
no not the carpet :thumbdown: but the first round :thumbsup:

so get booked in....Correct me if im wrong ..... But the meeting is on sunday I think :confused:

deepdale11
14-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Correct me if im wrong ..... But the meeting is on sunday I think :confused:

Yes, you are right, if your talking about buggies!! the first round of touring cars is on Saturday and first round of buggies is on Sunday..

Robbiejuk
14-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Correct me if im wrong ..... But the meeting is on sunday I think :confused:

Senior moment mr ward? This is the ON-Road events section mate :D

Just to clarify though just incase anyone else is confused.

Touring cars are running on the saturday this year.

Off-road cars on the sunday.

shark
15-10-2010, 01:30 AM
whoops sorry . Must get some more sleep !

Dave Dodd
13-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Round 2 is here :D

Saturday 20th November

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good news the new carpet will be in use too

:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:

so get yourselves booked in.....

www.rcracecontrol.com (http://www.rcracecontrol.com)

Dave Dodd
14-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Saturday 20th November 2010

“Schumacher Saturday – Practice Session”

BEGINNERS: Do you need some non-competitive track time to practice driving without faster cars on the track?
EXPERTS: Do you need a chance to test and set up your car before your next race meeting?
We have the answer:
At the Schumacher on Road Meeting on Saturday 20th November we will run the Championship races as normal. BUT, between each round we will also run untimed practice slots for drivers who need to use the track in a non-competitive way.
So, if you are still learning (or want to try driving an R/C car for the first time), bring down your model car and we will put you in a group of drivers of your own ability. Take your time, and learn you craft without racing.
If you need to set up you buggy or touring car (or whatever you have), for your next race meeting, or want to do some tyre testing etc, we will put you in heats of like-minded drivers and give you a flat track to play with. You can play at race speeds, but it’s just practice, so, change tyres mid-session and try different ones; it’s your choice.
And, if you are between novice and expert, we’ll put you in with intermediate drivers so that you can do some testing too.
Any class of car is OK. Be it Touring car, Minis, Buggies or SC10, anything electric within reason. The emphasis is on getting some practice. We still have to finalise the practice fee, but it will be cheaper than the Saturday race fee, and you should get about 6 runs on our new carpet (numbers permitting).
Doors open at 9.30 am (not before)
First race is at 11.00 am.