PDA

View Full Version : HPI Vorza Flux

mack
16-08-2010, 04:15 PM
Hello all.

Im new to these forums and im currently trying to get back into RC bashing and hopefully racing.

Had my spell with nitro and still enjoy it but im going to switch back to electric.

I have been thinking along the lines of the HPI Vorza Flux to set me off. Am i barking up the wrong tree or is this a decent way to go ?

lgbzone
16-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi

I race a vorza and love it, it's far more powerful than needed but it can be tamed down using the esc and transmitter, which then leaves room to up the performance as you improve.

Essentially the chassis is a HB D8, which i think is a good chassis for racing, and the brushless system is the castle creations MMM.

Things i've changed/added; got grub screws so droop can be set, replaced the outer hinge pins with proper captured ones (from the lightening), and eventually changed the steering servo to a faster one, the stock one isn't too bad but i eventually wanted a faster one. also pulled the radio gear out (27mhz) as i use a spektrum 2.4.

something to watch out for; the castle creations esc only provides 5.4 volts output to the receiver, meaning if you have a servo that requires more it's a problem. the steering servo i added was a savox sc1256 and when used fast the receiver would keep momentarily shutting down, adding a power cap to the receiver really helped but didn't totally cure it, so i added a dedicated BEC that draws power from the main batteries, regulates it, then supplies the receiver.

HTH

Lee

mack
16-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the fast feedback. I probably haven't raced for about 3 years and back then it was mainly Nitro.

Am shocked at the improvments to electric RC in that space of time and am trying to play catch up now :D

jmellipse
19-08-2010, 12:45 PM
What kind of runtime do you get from the Forza ?
With which lipo's ?