PDA

View Full Version : Serpent Durango - coming soon?

jimmy
31-08-2007, 05:00 PM
http://www.serpent.com/news/12335/Serpent-to-return-to-offroad.html

Serpent is very pleased to officially announce that Gerd Strenge, better known as Mr Duango from Germany, has entered into a long-term cooperation with Serpent, for the development of offroad rc racing cars.

Gerd Strenge is famous in the electric offroad scene, for his very innovative Team Durango 1/10 scale 4wd offroad project. Gerd started this project in 2002 and he has been developing the car ever since. His Team Durango car has been European Champion and his cars have reached many GP, EC and even WC finals in the hands of famous drivers like Hara and Marc Reinhard.

This obviously also announces a return of Serpent in the offroad arena. Serpent has been very active in 1/8 offroad racing from mid 80-ties until late 80-ties. Cars like the legendary and EC winning Serpent Cobra and its successor the Serpent Spirit.

Serpent's R&D team and Gerd Strenge are now working together on a number of projects for the offroad market, but it will take some time before you will see the actual cars being introduced. Although proto-types have been running for a while already.

Serpent will introduce offroad cars in 2008 (both 1/10 electric as 1/8 scale) and Gerd will be one of the R&D team to work on those projects for Serpent. His massive experience in offroad and his innovative idea’s will be a major asset for Serpent to create some of the finest offroad cars the market has ever seen. His emphasis is always very much on simplicity and ease of maintenance, which fits right in with the product-strategy that Serpent has choosen.

Serpent will not be making a copy of the 1/10 Durango as it is now (as others tried or are still trying), but will take the design a few steps further into a new concept, which will ofcourse share many of the basic idea’s behind the successfull Durango 1/10 car.

At the same time development work is in progress on the 1/8 scale offroad car too. Some major races have been attended already (Proline UK race) and the proto-type will be used in a number of other large races now to further develop the car.

We are very excited to have Gerd onboard and you can expect some very attractive Serpent offroad cars in the years to come.

Team Serpent

ulrich
31-08-2007, 05:21 PM
http://www.serpent.com/news/12335/Serpent-to-return-to-offroad.html

Serpent is very pleased to officially announce that Gerd Strenge, better known as Mr Duango from Germany, has entered into a long-term cooperation with Serpent, for the development of offroad rc racing cars.

Gerd Strenge is famous in the electric offroad scene, for his very innovative Team Durango 1/10 scale 4wd offroad project. Gerd started this project in 2002 and he has been developing the car ever since. His Team Durango car has been European Champion and his cars have reached many GP, EC and even WC finals in the hands of famous drivers like Hara and Marc Reinhard.

This obviously also announces a return of Serpent in the offroad arena. Serpent has been very active in 1/8 offroad racing from mid 80-ties until late 80-ties. Cars like the legendary and EC winning Serpent Cobra and its successor the Serpent Spirit.

Serpent's R&D team and Gerd Strenge are now working together on a number of projects for the offroad market, but it will take some time before you will see the actual cars being introduced. Although proto-types have been running for a while already.

Serpent will introduce offroad cars in 2008 (both 1/10 electric as 1/8 scale) and Gerd will be one of the R&D team to work on those projects for Serpent. His massive experience in offroad and his innovative idea’s will be a major asset for Serpent to create some of the finest offroad cars the market has ever seen. His emphasis is always very much on simplicity and ease of maintenance, which fits right in with the product-strategy that Serpent has choosen.

Serpent will not be making a copy of the 1/10 Durango as it is now (as others tried or are still trying), but will take the design a few steps further into a new concept, which will ofcourse share many of the basic idea’s behind the successfull Durango 1/10 car.

At the same time development work is in progress on the 1/8 scale offroad car too. Some major races have been attended already (Proline UK race) and the proto-type will be used in a number of other large races now to further develop the car.

We are very excited to have Gerd onboard and you can expect some very attractive Serpent offroad cars in the years to come.

Team Serpent

wow, that is hot news.. Gerd, I wish you the best, you have working so hard with your project

Ulrich Rasmussen
Denmark
"camping neighbours in Barcelona, 1997 Off-Road EC"

tc2k
31-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Is this the big player they were on about selling the durango too?

telboy
31-08-2007, 06:30 PM
sounds good to me.
could be worth dipping a toe into, and seeing how they go.

janus_77
31-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Is this the big player they were on about selling the durango too?

ehhh..... take a wild guess :rolleyes:

tc2k
31-08-2007, 06:57 PM
No need to act like a smart arse, you know what I was implying

jimmy
31-08-2007, 06:59 PM
:o lol

anyway, safe to assume that's the case I think. they seem to be expanding a lot recently with the new touring car just out and now the off road stuff in the works

OldTimer
31-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I wonder if we will see a proto of the S500 at the worlds ?.

jimmy
31-08-2007, 07:37 PM
nope:(

OldTimer
31-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I know in the press release it says 2008, but i guess Gerd may of been on board for a while remembering back to the Aero issue.

The worlds would be a great place to generate some buzz about the car.

jimmy
31-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Afaik they will run the original Durango at the worlds with the serpent name on it. Would have been nice to see the preproduction car there but I don't think it will happen.

jimmy
01-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Here is serpents last electric off roader :)

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/serpentelectricoffroader01.jpg (http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/serpentelectricoffroader01.jpg)
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/serpentelectricoffroader02.jpg

mark christopher
03-09-2007, 08:50 AM
ohh goody goody, seem i dont have to keep stum any longer,:cool:

had been told not to say anything till it was "anounced" alas you now have nearly as much info as me. so carnt ad anyhting else at the moment. other than i was told a prototype would be at the worlds, tho plans may have changed since then

super__dan
03-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Isn't this the worst best kept secret for ages, thought eveyone knew???

MattW
03-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Dan, yeah actually you're right, i think everyone has known for some time.

mark christopher
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Isn't this the worst best kept secret for ages, thought eveyone knew???

Dan, yeah actually you're right, i think everyone has known for some time.

even tho most had worked it out its still good to see it in black and white officially, looking forward to getting one

winehundred
03-09-2007, 10:17 PM
http://www.serpent.com/news/12336/J%F6rn-Neumann-is-Serpent's-ace-driver-for-offroad.html

Chris Doughty
04-09-2007, 07:04 AM
it would have been a shock for him not to follow Gerd...

mark christopher
04-09-2007, 07:57 AM
seems i was informed correctly

Jцrn will be racing the Serpent 1/10 4wd Prototype during the Worlds in Japan and is also looking forward to attend the 2008 1/8 Offroad Worlds in USA.

jimmy
04-09-2007, 08:11 AM
The serpent prototype is the Durango

MikePimlott
04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Cant wait for the Aero Vs the Serpent Durango Worlds Battle :D

nick oliver
04-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know sort of a date - month this car will be available?

Regards Nick.

mark christopher
04-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know sort of a date - month this car will be available?

Regards Nick.
taken from the press release

Serpent will introduce offroad cars in 2008

nick oliver
04-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Cheers, Hopefully before the national Series. . .

bender
19-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Cant wait for the Aero Vs the Serpent Durango Worlds Battle :D
I think that battle was won by the Serpent ;)