PDA

View Full Version : ordering electrics from japan - good idea?

craigosh
28-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Do you think its worth ordering electrics from japan.

I'm looking to get a new KO servo, GTB and smart tray from champ but wondering what if by some flook something goes wrong with them.

Am not to worried about the servo (it'll be an analogue one) as they are pretty tough things and not much to go wrong in em right!?!

Just unsure as to what will happen if the GTB is dodgy, will i just have to send it back to Novak anyway regardless of were it comes from??

jimmy
28-04-2006, 01:43 PM
I would have thought CML would deal with it if you bought it over here ? so would be, I guess, quicker and easier. But thats just a guess, CML might have to send it off to usa themselves..

Champ is a great shop, friendly and profesional and they deserve all the business they get. So, in that regard I wouldn't be worried about them messing you about.

craigosh
28-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah they are really good.

I just dont want loads of hasstle getting something fixed.. but the gtb is only about £130 from them and the smart tray £45 so i can save a nice bit of money which can go towards spares and wheels for the future DI

DCM
28-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Just don't forget about the import duty and Parcelforce handling charge, that added £26 onto the cost of my DI (still was cheaper than in the UK before postage though). My only concern is that with ESC's, sometimes distributors will repair your item but not come true on the Warranty.

craigosh
28-04-2006, 10:12 PM
hmmm...
I dunno what to do really..
I might just wait a bit and buy one from somewere here, but i cant help but think that if i get a duff one, and can get the uk distributors to sort it out, as jimmy said, it'll just end u goin back to the states anyway.

Could i just deal direct with Novak?

DCM
28-04-2006, 10:55 PM
I don't honestly think, the larger firms will NOT sell direct to a customer when they have a distributor in that country (only fair realy). I know Tekin don't have a distributor and would seel direct at the moment, prices are good considering the state of the US$.

craigosh
29-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry i meant, could i just deal with novak direct if anything does go wrong? not looking to buy from them...

DCM
29-04-2006, 05:37 PM
I think they would prefer you used your local distributor, but maybe you would have to have to pay rather than it go under warranty... depends.

andys
01-05-2006, 03:41 PM
I bought a GTB from Champ and had to send it back to Novak as it was faulty.
I contacted Novak and they told me to send it direct to them in the USA. I did and it was replaced under their warrenty, took about 2 months to get back to me, but there was only the cost of sending it to them that I had to cover, they took care of everything else.

So, i'd just do it. I reckon you'd get messed about by a UK distributer if you had to send anything back in the UK anyway, and then they would probably end up sending it back to Novak and keep you waiting anyway !

jimmy
01-05-2006, 03:47 PM
I have to say, re:CML who import novak, Ive sent a couple or 3 things back to them before and they were really quick and good.That was AE stuff though, never had cause to send any Novak stuff back.